Status
Not open for further replies.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I am travelling without my laptop soon, and need a wall plug to go with my EGO USB chargers. I would like something like this: Amazon.com: Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More (White): Cell Phones & Accessories

What do I need to look for? I don't want to risk damage to the batteries by using the wrong thing.

The specs from the charger cables I use are INPUT: DC 5.0V, OUTPUT CD 4.2V, 420mA

Thanks for your help!

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Any charger that is USB spec would be fine for charging ego's. A ego charger only uses enough power as the minimum USB specs. The main thing is to get a good quality brand of charger. The problems start when you get cheep chargers that don't totally meet the USB specs. Good reviews can be a great help in figuring this out, the negative reviews can also help alot here to. The one you linked looks like a great usb charger, I actually just put it in my wish list. A little overkill for charging ego batterys but if you have a smart phone or tablet to charge also it would do all at the same time. You want the wall adapter to have 5.0V and 500mA+ having the mAh higher is fine as the charger just won't use the extra, it does need to be 5V tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread