Need Help Deciding On My Next RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
I want to buy a new rda, what are your thoughts/opinions...The Drop, The Goon, The Dead Rabbit or The Tsunami? I'm throwing the Tsunami I'm there because it looks like it has Kennedy style airflow (and I am in love with my Kennedy) but with the velocity style deck, I'm thinking it will accommodate the bigger builds that I make but the others I mentioned are supposedly great for flavor too. And now I heard about the Lucid rda, ugh...can you tell I love bottom airflow? Im more concerned with flavor and a warm/very warm vape. Been building for a couple of years so I don't necessarily need a deck for noobs. (BTW, my most current rdas are the Kennedy, Apocalypse and Peerless) and while I like to have the ability to throw a tri core fused Clapton in an rda, I still love my 22g kanthal, 10 wraps with a 3.5 ID...tia!!!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The Drop is arguably the best RDA on the market right now. My Drop is my #2 favorite RDA. The Goon is a good RDA. I have mine on a squonker right now. I like my Apocalypse better than my Goon. The Dead Rabbit SUCKS. I don't have a Tsunami. My Lucid is my #1 favorite RDA. It is not the easiest to build on but it's not too bad. If the bottom airflow is open it's fairly easy to over drip. I don't use the bottom airflow. It's really not needed. The flavor and vapor production is amazing. I highly recommend the Lucid. My obvious 2nd choice would be the Drop.

• Agree
Reactions: Postalangel

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Not bottom airflow, but amongst the current crop of RDA’s im enjoying the Dead Rabbit and the Bonza a lot. Great post clamps which accommodate big nutty coils and nice flavor. Nod to Bonza for airflow. Using in BF mode. Both available at less than 30USD, lotsa bang for your buck.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
The Drop is arguably the best RDA on the market right now. My Drop is my #2 favorite RDA. The Goon is a good RDA. I have mine on a squonker right now. I like my Apocalypse better than my Goon. The Dead Rabbit SUCKS. I don't have a Tsunami. My Lucid is my #1 favorite RDA. It is not the easiest to build on but it's not too bad. If the bottom airflow is open it's fairly easy to over drip. I don't use the bottom airflow. It's really not needed. The flavor and vapor production is amazing. I highly recommend the Lucid. My obvious 2nd choice would be the Drop.
Thank you so much! I kinda figured that maybe the rabbit was good at one time but that was before they came out with the Drop...I just heard about the Lucid like literally 1/2 hour ago and it sounded good, I know you're saying the bottom air flow isn't necessary but the fact that I can block off the top af and just use the bottom af made me stop and take notice. I'm hearing that you don't have that option with the Drop because the step system used to block off the af goes from side to side? Or did I misunderstand? Idk but I'm so glad you piped in...I don't want to want the Goon, so many ppl have it and the Dead Rabbit sounds good but I think it shines for squonkers maybe...thanks again, I think I'm gonna get the Drop and the Lucid...unless anybody else can tell me of a good bottom air flow rda!

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
Not bottom airflow, but amongst the current crop of RDA’s im enjoying the Dead Rabbit and the Bonza a lot. Great post clamps which accommodate big nutty coils and nice flavor. Nod to Bonza for airflow. Using in BF mode. Both available at less than 30USD, lotsa bang for your buck.
Ugh, I was wanting the Bonza, it's on my list, just not the top lol...plus who doesn't love the Bogan lol

Reactions: entropy1049

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Ugh, I was wanting the Bonza, it's on my list, just not the top lol...plus who doesn't love the Bogan lol
Give the Bonza a shot. Lots of room for fairly large ID coils, easy to build big with that deck. I currently am running parallel 4mm ID Claptons in mine. Nice and warm, good flavor, stellar vapor production. Available for around $25 shipped from several US sellers.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Take a look at the Armageddon Rapture. The Rapture has the Apocalypse build deck with bottom airflow. The Timesvape Mask is another bottom airflow RDA that's decent. Another good one but can be a pain to build on is the Mad Dog. The Mad Dog has a bottom side ramped airflow that works well. If you don't mind a 28.5mm RDA the Sherman is an excellent bottom airflow RDA. I won't have anything to do with the Bonza. Vandy Vapes is horrible and Bogan is a complete IDIOT!

The Drop has an airflow that shuts off top down. I run mine wide open.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I bought a Goon styled and it was okay, the real thing may be a lot better. I have a Sapor and not really excited with it so I never got into the rabbit. Never tried the Tsunami and don't use bottom flows, due to user error they are a mess, lol.

I am however still loving the Twisted Messes 1 and debating on the Gold AF. I rarely ever buy an atty that makes me want more than one of them. I'm no help I know, good luck finding an RDA.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
Take a look at the Armageddon Rapture. The Rapture has the Apocalypse build deck with bottom airflow. The Timesvape Mask is another bottom airflow RDA that's decent. Another good one but can be a pain to build on is the Mad Dog. The Mad Dog has a bottom side ramped airflow that works well. If you don't mind a 28.5mm RDA the Sherman is an excellent bottom airflow RDA. I won't have anything to do with the Bonza. Vandy Vapes is horrible and Bogan is a complete IDIOT!

The Drop has an airflow that shuts off top down. I run mine wide open.
Can you run the drop with the too air flow closed and the baf open?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Can you run the drop with the too air flow closed and the baf open?
The Drop doesn't have bottom airflow. The Drop, Goon and dead rabbit all have side airflow. The way the coil position is on the Drop the airflow comes in from the side but is underneath the coils. For true bottom airflow RDA there are quite a few to look at. Rapture, Mask, Mad Dog, Rabies, Devil, Battlestar or Bolt just to name a few.

• Useful

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The "real thing" doesn't provide a better vape, if it's a 1:1 clone.

I have used a bunch of clones, and agree in some cases, but the clamping bars on my Goon clone bent when I tightened down my coils - that didn't happen with my authentic Goon LP.

I guess you could argue that it wasn't "1:1" but it's hard to tell the quality of the metal used just looking at the item for cosmetic differences.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have used a bunch of clones, and agree in some cases, but the clamping bars on my Goon clone bent when I tightened down my coils - that didn't happen with my authentic Goon LP.

I guess you could argue that it wasn't "1:1" but it's hard to tell the quality of the metal used just looking at the item for cosmetic differences.

The clamps bending on the authentic can be a problem too.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Considering the amount of clones out there, there's no denying, that there are huge differences in quality. I'm very happy with my LostArt Goon however, although I think the orings are little bit too tight, but bending clamps is not an issue.
Had my 17.00 Goon clone for months and no clamp issues. Have no idea who made it.
Find an island yet?

Reactions: mimöschen

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
LostArt Goon 7$.

@Island
Sorry sweety. I already checked that with Donnie, and all suitable islands seem to be in firm hands at the moment. But he babbled something about finding a suitable sh**hole shouldn't be a problem. Although he first needs to stuff himself up with burgers and watch tv. And that can take a lot of time...

• Love
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread