Need help figuring out out how to get 9mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzyLea

Mar 25, 2016
WV
Hello everyone!! My favorite vape juices come in 0mg/60ml, 3mg/60ml and 6mg/60ml. I am currently vaping 6mg, however, right now 6mg just isn’t enough. I think I may be okay with 9mg. I understand that if I mix equal amounts of 6mg + 3mg = 9mg/2 = 4.5mg
4.5mg+ 6mg= 10.5mg/2 =5.25mg + 6mg= 11.25mg/2= 5.625mg. I could keep going but be a headache to get there. Is there an easier way to do this?? Could I mix 3 parts of the 6mg to 1 part of the 3mg to get to 9mg faster?? If so, how would I do the math part?? Would this simpler to buy nicotine and add it to the 6mg or even the 0mg for that matter?? What would you recommend brand wise and website wise to buy plain nicotine?? How would I calculate this if I bought nicotine?? I would love to try my hand at making my own juice one day...I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what makes a vape juice taste sweet?? My favorite juices all have that sweet flavor. If I do start making my own juice I would like it to be sweet.

• Disagree
Reactions: GOMuniEsq

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
No matter how you add six and three mg, you're going to end up under six. You need to add a juice higher than what you want. It's probably easiest to get those little nic shots. For freebase, I like Sapphyre brand. Vape tool is an android app that is good for calculating ejuice. You can never get to nine if you're just using six and three, tho.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Know that mixing premade juice with a amount of nic shot to up nic concentration will dilute flavor a bit.
To add as less as possible volume,get a high nic base(200mg/ml nic base)and use a e-liquid calculator.
Required 200mg/ml nic base to up the 6mg nic(60ml)bottle to 9mg/ml nic, is 0.9 mls.

LizzyLea

Mar 25, 2016
WV
Do you know what ingredient(s) gives ejuice the sweet flavor/taste?? If I buy nicotine base what is the math that I would need to increase from 6mg to 9mg?? Most of my ejuice comes in 60ml bottles. Once I’ve figured out how much nic base I need how to I measure it out?? Will I use a syringe or is there something else?? Thanks for the last comments!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: charlie1465

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Do you know what ingredient(s) gives ejuice the sweet flavor/taste??
TFA Sweetener use at 0.5-2%.

If I buy nicotine base what is the math that I would need to increase from 6mg to 9mg?? Most of my ejuice comes in 60ml bottles.
Steam Engine-E-liquid app.Use the difference between 6mg and 9 mg to make this app to work.Pretend you want to make a 3mg/ml nic juice.Set 60ml for volume.Set 20% for nicotine base liquid(that's 200mg/ml nic base).Set 0.3% targeted nicotine strength(3mg/ml nic).

Once I’ve figured out how much nic base I need how to I measure it out?? Will I use a syringe or is there something else??
Syringe is fine.Also..
upload_2019-7-5_16-48-13.jpeg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I could keep going but be a headache to get there. Is there an easier way to do this?? Could I mix 3 parts of the 6mg to 1 part of the 3mg to get to 9mg faster?? If so, how would I do the math part?? ...

Forget about the Math for a second.

Say you were in a Bar and had 2 Rum n' Cokes sitting in front of you. One is Average strength. And the Other is Weak tasting. Is there Anyway you could Mix the 2 together to make a Strong Rum n' Coke?

Common Bar Knowledge (CBK) tells you... No, that just Won't Work.

And if I put any of the Weaker Rum n' Cook into the Average Rum n' Coke, all I do is Dilute the Average Rum n' Coke and make it Weaker.

... Would this simpler to buy nicotine and add it to the 6mg[?]

If you want to make what you have a Higher Nicotine mg/ml without changing the Flavor anymore than necessary, then Yes, you would need to Buy some Nicotine Base with a Higher Nicotine Level than what you have and then add that to what you have.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello everyone!! My favorite vape juices come in 0mg/60ml, 3mg/60ml and 6mg/60ml. I am currently vaping 6mg, however, right now 6mg just isn’t enough. I think I may be okay with 9mg. I understand that if I mix equal amounts of 6mg + 3mg = 9mg/2 = 4.5mg
4.5mg+ 6mg= 10.5mg/2 =5.25mg + 6mg= 11.25mg/2= 5.625mg. I could keep going but be a headache to get there. Is there an easier way to do this?? Could I mix 3 parts of the 6mg to 1 part of the 3mg to get to 9mg faster?? If so, how would I do the math part?? Would this simpler to buy nicotine and add it to the 6mg or even the 0mg for that matter?? What would you recommend brand wise and website wise to buy plain nicotine?? How would I calculate this if I bought nicotine?? I would love to try my hand at making my own juice one day...I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what makes a vape juice taste sweet?? My favorite juices all have that sweet flavor. If I do start making my own juice I would like it to be sweet.

BTW - Easiest way to get to 9mg/ml of that Flavored e-Liquid that you like is to Contact whoever makes it and ask them if they could Mix a special batch of 9mg/ml for you.

Maybe entice them by saying that you buy Larger amount if you could get it in 9mg/ml.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
You can use an online calculator to get the numbers you want, or you can use this formula:

Nicotine base = your high concentration nicotine, often 100 or 200 mg/ml
Initial = the 3 or 6 mg/ml juice you start with
Target = what you're aiming for

Volume to add =

[ initial volume x (target concentration - initial concentration)] ÷ (base concentration - target concentration)

So, to take 60 ml of 6 mg/ml juice to 9 mg/ml with 100 mg/ml base, it would be:

[60 ml x (9 mg/ml - 6 mg/ml)] ÷ (100 mg/ml - 9 mg/ml)

or

(60 ml x 3 mg/ml) ÷ 91 mg/ml

or

180 mg ÷ 91 mg/ml

or

1.98 ml

With such small amounts, it's easiest to use an oral syringe (no needle). You can often find them at pharmacies as well as vape DIY suppliers. You can also use a very precise scale to weigh your ingredients, but if you do that you need to remember to account for density (or use a good app that does it for you).

ETA: If you're still looking for a source for nicotine base, check this thread in the DIY forum.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Wow, everyone is really confusing you. First, it doesn't matter the size (ml) of the bottle. Second 6 + 3 doesn't equal 9 (it would just be in between like 4 or 5) Many juices come in 12 mg (9 is not common) so get that if you can, or do what I do... just get some 18 mg juice (plain unflavored or even tobacco flavor) and add some to the 6 mg juice to bump it up to around 9. It will dilute the flavor so by using 18 mg it won't take as much. How much? Just try some and if it doesn't seem strong enough, add some more. Good ol "trial end error". I just mix it in when I fill the tank (instead of mixing a batch) Just guess... when you vape it, you will learn if it was enough. Not enough... try more the next time you fill your tank. Tip: gently tip your vape device side to side to help mix it in. After you get an idea how strong you like, learn the math and mix a batch (you can get empty eye dropper bottles from a drug store for this) I probably just confused you even more ;)

LizzyLea

Mar 25, 2016
WV
Thank you all for your comments/advice!! I would love to try my hand at making my own juice. I love crafty things and making your own juice is definitely a craft!! I have a general understanding, but I’m also the kind of person who has so many questions that I could be on here all day trying to figure out how, why and where etc. I know some of the questions I have have probably been asked but when I search I must not be wording my searches correctly. Thanks again everyone who commented and gave advice. It’s is greatly appreciated!!!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thank you all for your comments/advice!! I would love to try my hand at making my own juice. I love crafty things and making your own juice is definitely a craft!! I have a general understanding, but I’m also the kind of person who has so many questions that I could be on here all day trying to figure out how, why and where etc. I know some of the questions I have have probably been asked but when I search I must not be wording my searches correctly. Thanks again everyone who commented and gave advice. It’s is greatly appreciated!!!
Start out by going to the DIY E-Liquid sub-forum:
upload_2019-7-9_2-27-25.png

At the top of the first page, you will see 10 "stickied" (indicated by the red thumb tack icon) threads, that covers some of the basics (stickied threads will always appear at the top of the list). I suggest beginning with the one labeled "DIY Getting started cheat sheet - good information gathered from ECF." It has several iterations of lists and links to help get you started. Here is a direct link to the most current complation.

• Love
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread