Need help picking a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New poster but been lurking since last October.
Wife has fully quit while I've cut down a lot. We started with the Cigeasy starter kit which uses KR808D-1 batteries and some clearomizers for them. We've had tons of trouble with the batteries just dying after a couple of weeks. I purchased new ones and it continues to happen. I've tried other stores with similar results.

We recently (about 1.5 months ago) picked up the eGo starter kit from Avejuice.
900 mah batter and and a clearomizer. We really liked these. We bought 2 extra batteries and thought we were good to go.
Went to the caribbean for a couple weeks and the batteries(or the chargers) stopped working. Could not recharge anything.
When we got home the problem continued. Avejuice sent us four more batteries. 2 of them charged but the other 2 didn't.
Then the first 2 stopped. I've sent back a charger and they are sending a new one but this is a boatload of problems.

Any recommendations on a starter kit that won't fail? Currently the two systems we bought seemed to just not last very long.
I now have 1 charger and 4 batteries that simply don't charge.

Would love to buy some 2 battery starter kits with clearomizers that I can fill with whatever that will last a while and not die so quickly.

Thanks for the help.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Hello and Welcome!

You will probably get many recommendations to get a couple iTaste MVP 2(s). They can be had for around $40 and come with a clearomizer (usually) and USB charger cable. I would also suggest buying a couple of Protank 2 minis because they are good and inexpensive. iTazte MVP 2.0 Mini Protank 2

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the above. Ego battery & charger quality seems to be on the decline, not just with the generic brands but also those from Joytech, Kanger, and Vision.

The Innokin iTaste VV3 and MVP2 are great upgrades. Packed full of features for a respectable price. Only downside is once the battery dies it becomes a paperweight, much like those eGo batteries. No manufacturer support after the sale.

itaste.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg iTaste VV3 and MVP2

You can go with a mod which uses replaceable rechargeable external batteries. Then once that battery dies you only have to spend about $10 or less for a replacement and can still use the battery holder (the mod). Available in both regulated or a stripped down mechanical form.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

It might be worth mentioning here, that a Provari purchase nearly guarantees buying a device that will work trouble-free for years to come. The USA company supports the product for life. It comes at a price though.

Why Provari?

478_0.jpg mini_kayfun.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg Provari

Last edited:
Looking at all that info about I'm really liking the idea of Mods. I did have a question about them. If I buy something that uses the 18650 battery, does the mAh of the battery matter? It seems one can buy quite the variety of those from say amazon as replacements.
Though there is a lot of talk about how they can also be horrible. Where do folks get their replacement batteries for these from reliable sources?

Thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That url to the Provari seems to say there is a 1 year warranty and that you can purchase an extended for 2 years.
So not sure what you mean by saying they support the product for life?
They will repair the Provari even after warranty for reasonable parts fees. For life.

Compare that to the Chinese manufacturers who will not repair any device after their warranty expires; your expensive PV then becomes an expensive paperweight.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looking at all that info about I'm really liking the idea of Mods. I did have a question about them. If I buy something that uses the 18650 battery, does the mAh of the battery matter? It seems one can buy quite the variety of those from say amazon as replacements.
Though there is a lot of talk about how they can also be horrible. Where do folks get their replacement batteries for these from reliable sources?
Batteries are not the item to shop for on Ebay or Amazon. There have been a lot of "fake" or counterfeit AW and Sony batteries being sold on the market, especially from the above re-sellers as they often can not confirm the source of their batteries.

Vendors like RTD Vapor are authorized vendors who can verify their source directly from the manufacturer. So can Illumination Supply and Orbtronic.

"Battery counterfeiting: This is a growing problem and all APV users need to be aware of it.

This is what happens: the counterfeiters buy reject Li-ion batteries in bulk, strip the covers off, and re-cover them with labels that change them to look like popular brands. In this way they can take a cell bought for 10 cents, re-work it, and sell it as for example an AW battery with a retail price of $10. The profits are very high and this practice is growing. It means that you never really know what battery you have unless you buy from somewhere with a verified supply chain. For example, all AW batteries offered for sale on Alibaba are counterfeits, and possibly dangerous."
- Rolygate, Ecf forum administrator and battery expert http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Battery Basics for Mods

Generally speaking, the higher the mah rating, the longer the battery will last in the mod between charges. Roughly, 100mah = 1 hour battery use.

Depending upon the application, the amp rating of the battery can be important, too. Bottom line is to use a high-drain, safe-chemistry IMR (li-min) battery in a mod. Say no to ICR li-ion batteries.

Last edited:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Hello and Welcome!

You will probably get many recommendations to get a couple iTaste MVP 2(s). They can be had for around $40 and come with a clearomizer (usually) and USB charger cable. I would also suggest buying a couple of Protank 2 minis because they are good and inexpensive. iTazte MVP 2.0 Mini Protank 2

The MVP is what you want to start out with. The mini protanks are a nicer vape in my opinion but they are more fragile than the standard protank 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread