Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have a Ipv mini II and it's not functioning properly. The ohms jump around while vaping which can lead to bad surprises as you can imagine.
I like the size of this mod and would like to find something similar but more reliable. It has to be capable of firing sub ohm as well.
Any suggestions?
Just echoing what others have said, I would very much doubt its the mod, sounds like a lose or bad connection on the atty / 510 connector.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Makes sure your post screws are tight, common culprit for jumping ohms.

^^^^^^^^
that

after building a coil, the heating and cooling of vaping can loosen the screws, then they need to tighten a bit more.

It is also important to understand that the lower in ohms you want to operate, the more susceptable you are to small fluctuations in ohms at electrical *contact* points.

the contact points i am refering to are the points where electrical contact is made by just *touching*, not soldered and not screwed in under pressure.
For example there are the battery contact points and the 510 centerpin contact points

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Looks like you all may have been right. I took my time and made a quality dual coil in the veritas tonight. Been vaping on it for over an hour. It bounces back and forth from .3-.4 but that's nothing compared to what it was doing. Now if I can just get my billow in order I'll be set!

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread