Need ideas, and some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceV12

Nov 4, 2015
I am new to rda scene haven't really try'ed much yet, done all the research you can think of but looking for personal experience. I am trying to build a new coil that would fit my needs ( warmish vape, that is dense and thick with lots of FLAVOR). I have a 24 gauge, 28 gauge, 30 gauge all kanthal, I am currently running two 24 gauge micro coils warped 8 times running 0.36 ohm.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am new to RDA scene haven't really try'ed much yet, done all the research you can think of but looking for personal experience. I am trying to build a new coil that would fit my needs ( warmish vape, that is dense and thick with lots of FLAVOR). I have a 24 gauge, 28 gauge, 30 gauge all kanthal, I am currently running two 24 gauge micro coils warped 8 times running 0.36 ohm.

that needs about 66 watts
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

See that's the problem with asking for a warmish vape and not giving more info on how you would use it... I would NOT go over 50 watts with that. I would considered 66 watts as too hot. 66watts is a HF of 200 or so, I would be targeting 120-170 Heat Flux. But then I like a tighter draw and small chambered atomizers.

VinceV12

Nov 4, 2015
I am running a regulated box mod ( max wattage is 75 watts), was running those coils at about 58 watts. The flavor is more important, but having nice dense vape is a bonus. Just changed my coils yesterday to a twisted 28 gauge kanthal daul and 8 wraps, running at 0.7ohm at 70watts ( liking it so far, but still looking for more coils to build and try)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
try a single coil. Are you calling a contact coil a micro. or does micro mean less than 1/16 ID. If it means contact try spaced if it refers to coil ID try a different id. Mix the gauges and twist. Odds are if you can do dual coil, 3or more poster. You can do 3 or more coils in the same atty. Might try a quad build with the 30 or the 28. Try different wicking materials. With 75 watts and 3 wire gauges, you have a ton of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread