Needing help deciding on a fat/big battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
With the e-power once the battery is installed is it sealed to prevent juice from getting into it??

Yes it is. The battery sits in a tube which screws neatly into the switch, then the carto (or atty or whatever you like) screws into the switch. It's a very cool setup; I've been using the 14650 model for about 6 months now with absolutely no problems, just loving it! Bought a spare switch just in case (haven't needed it) and two "spare" batts & another charger, so I rotate the 4 batteries now, charging 2 at a time while always having one charged spare + the one in my PV. I use mostly Resurrector cartos from Crystal Clear vaping, but Smoktech(sp) makes about a 7ml DC carto especially for these PVs. I use them once in a while, but seldom care to vape the same flavor that long. I also drip sometimes using 306LR or 510LR attys, mostly to test new flavors. Note that the E-Power 18650 is quite a bit larger but the battery lasts a *lot* longer between charges, and with either unit, as with any 'big batt' setups, you'll be able to use LR and duel coil cartos. Good luck, & Happy vaping! :vapor:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Jiffy22:

Thanks for the tip on the pig cig. They were the only one I found other then Igo, and 808 ego, that were 808 threaded.
Would have probably gone with that ecig. But O the price.:(

The Epower still have some questions.

1 Where can I get the best price on a kit USA supplier?
2. Where can I get an adaptor to fit my 808's??
3. Will vapor or proformace deminish because of using an adaptor?
4. How offen have you had to replace the switch? And should I purchase one when I buy the kit?

I did find one on clearance for $28. But they are sold as is and no warrenty. Buyer beware. Reviews were all stating when they pushed the switch it fell inside. So I think I will skip that sale.

There *has* been an issue with the switch on the E-Power but I believe it has been resolved now; however I expect there are still some duds on the market to be avoided. OTOH the switches themselves cost $10 - $12 retail so I'm not sure why dealers wouldn't fix them before shipping. Anyway I'd suggest going here: E-Power 14650 Complete Kit I e-mailed them a week or so ago and was assured the units in their double kit have the new switch; if you are interested, I would suggest contacting them to verify this, and to see if they are willing to include a warranty reflecting it. IMO, they SHOULD BE, if indeed the switch issue has been properly addressed. Sort of a long story on this, but the manufacturer made an attempt to upgrade the switch & failed miserably, then rather quickly resolved the error, but not before some of the duds hit the market. (BTW I just sent an e-mail to Hoosier to inquire when they'd have them back in stock; highly esteemed supplier who unfortunately seems to be out at the moment.)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Jiffy22:

Thanks for the tip on the pig cig. They were the only one I found other then Igo, and 808 ego, that were 808 threaded.
Would have probably gone with that ecig. But O the price.:(

The Epower still have some questions.

1 Where can I get the best price on a kit USA supplier?
2. Where can I get an adaptor to fit my 808's??
3. Will vapor or proformace deminish because of using an adaptor?
4. How offen have you had to replace the switch? And should I purchase one when I buy the kit?

I did find one on clearance for $28. But they are sold as is and no warrenty. Buyer beware. Reviews were all stating when they pushed the switch it fell inside. So I think I will skip that sale.

Answers regarding E-Power 14650:

1. Not sure who has the lowest price. Because there are three previous versions of the E-Power 14650 switch (including two that were no good) I'd suggest that buying from an honest vendor that knows the product is more important than saving a few dollars on a unit that may have a bad switch. I recommend Hoosier e-cig Supply for the kit, Smoktech single coil 1.7 ohm LR XL and 2.0 ohm LR XL cartos, batteries, tanks and tank cartos, etc.

2. Hoosier stocks the 501 to 808 adapter.

3. I don't believe use of an adapter will affect vapor production.

4. In four months of two E-Power 14650s in heavy use, never. These have the second generation blue LED switch. I bought two of the newer white LED switches because I wanted spares with the additional 5-click safety feature but both were defective and never worked properly.

Hoosier's supply of the E-Power 14650 and the new fourth generation replacement switch has been sold out for about two weeks, now. I suspect he will have a new shipment in anytime now. It's worth waiting to order from Hoosier unless you can find another vendor who knows the product as well. Hoosier stocks all replacement parts for the E-Power 14650. In fact, my second and third units were assembled inexpensively with OEM parts from Hoosier.

The current (fourth generation) E-Power 14650 switch has a blue LED switch button, is good for down to 1.5 ohm LR attys and cartos and has the five-click safety feature... and it works great.

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Brent says he is expecting another batch of the newest switches to come in in about 1-2 weeks.
CCV will have the switches in this upcoming week.

I would say the Epower from CCV or Hoosier, but their both sold out right now. I got mine from CcV bc he has a great deal and you get about $25 in free stuff. He does have a bunch of kits, but isn't selling them until the new switches come in.
Im pretty sure he does have a bunch of spare 2nd gen blue LED switch(which work really well, but don't have the 5-click on/off feature). I bet if you called him, he would be willing to sell you a kit and just remember to ask him to include the older blue LED switch instead of the white LED switch.
Or if your willing to wait a few days, CCV should have the newest blue LED switches in that have the 5-click on/off feature and you could get a kit with one of them.

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
Thank you to all that replied. It has really helped me. I was looking at all the 808 threaded big batteries: Igo, Pigcig, and the 808-ego. I will not be ordering till the middle of March. I like what everyone had to say about the E-power. Before I order I will email the seller and be sure they have a warrenty for the switch. Also will make sure it has the blue LED switch.
Without a warranty for the switch I would hesitate to order.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Sounds like you're set to go. The E-Power 14650 has got be one of the best-bang-for-the-buck mods out there. They hold up very well, the tube threads are good and they are a good-looking pv. I recommend cleaning all tube threads with a soft cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol after you receive it. This cleans any machining dust and other stuff out of the threads. Then put a little petroleum jelly on the threads with a toothpick. Work the lubricant evenly into the threads by screwing parts fully together a couple of times. The petroleum jelly (Vasoline or similar) can't help but to make the threads last a very long time, makes it easier to use, eliminates that awful squeak when you screw parts together and is non-toxic.

I'd stay away from the chrome models because they are a fingerprint magnet. Both the black rubber-covered and brushed stainless steel models look great and don't show fingerprints a lot.

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
I will do the black rubber-cover. I read a review where someone said that the end of the tube was so sharp it cut the battery when they inserted it. I am very careful with all my electronics so this did not concern me. Thanks again for all the tips. I will lube the threads. The E-power should be everything I wanted in a big battery.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I haven't noticed any problems with sharp edges on the battery tubes. Maybe Smoktech (the manufacturer of E-Power) fixed that early on, before I purchased mine.

I will say this for anyone who uses a single standard protected Li-ion battery in a pv (like the E-Power 14650): be careful in handling these batteries. If you drop a battery or otherwise damage it in any way (dents, torn or cut shrink-wrap, etc.) toss it and buy a new battery to replace it. A dent or tear in the battery body or the ends of the batteries (that contain protection circuitry) could result in harm to the user. This rule pertains to any Li-ion battery (ICR or IMR types). Better safe than sorry. Do not use an unprotected 14650 Li-ion battery in the E-Power 14650. No explosive failures have been reported for a pv using a single-cell protected Li-ion 3.7V battery (like the protected 14650).

Last edited:

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
I'm on the same track as yours, looking for fat/big kr808 battery, and so far I found out (thanks to the KR808 subforum here - there's a lot of information there + review) there are some recommended batteries:

That's my list so far, feel free to add. Hope you'll find the best battery!
PS: the "mah" = "power"; the biggest the number the longer the battery hold power. Your V4L/V2 is around 200-280mah.

don't forget Le-Cig has the "Pig Cig" also an ego look alike that is 808

nesta

Dec 20, 2011
nyc
i have a handful of the mentioned 808' here,,,, i would suggest just the kanger 808 vgo if 650 mah is enough. there is larger mah obviously too(1000 i think), its just tough to find. overall it has just been the most compatible friendly of the bunch. i least notice it dropping voltage the most as well from what i can tell after a couple months. i like a notch on the post an it has slightly bigger holes than the pig or igo. like the size of the holes on a v4l diamond compared to a stock mini 808

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I absolutely love my Go-Go. Yes, it's proprietary threading (incompatible with anything else), but I couldn't care less. It's a 1300maH battery and 3ML cartos that are phenomenal (compared to my old 808 stuff).

I know of three vendors that sell them (DiscountVapers, NHaler & CigEasy), but DiscountVapers also sells a BUNCH of optional stuff (cartos, adapters, cases, etc.) that I don't believe are available anywhere else. They're also on the lower side where pricing is concerned.

This is not to say that anything else mentioned isn't good, just that (at the risk of being repetitive), I LOVE THIS THING!

:vapor:

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
i have a handful of the mentioned 808' here,,,, i would suggest just the kanger 808 vgo if 650 mah is enough. there is larger mah obviously too(1000 i think), its just tough to find. overall it has just been the most compatible friendly of the bunch. i least notice it dropping voltage the most as well from what i can tell after a couple months. i like a notch on the post an it has slightly bigger holes than the pig or igo. like the size of the holes on a v4l diamond compared to a stock mini 808

Thank You for your suggestion. I did look first at the vgo on my search. But could not find one 808 threaded.

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
Just an update. After all the research (which I am not sorry I did) as thiee do not last forever. I purchased an 808 Ego from
v4l during there wheel sale. At a 46% discount I jumped. I have really enjoyed this product (after a week of getting use to the size). The 5 mi carto's that came with it are wonderful. I have been refilling the first one I started with every night and it is still going strong after 28 days of heavy usage and last me all day. It also came with a tank which is now my favorite to use at home. So far 10 days and it still works like new. The 900 mah batteries last me about 6 hours of vaping (I am a heavy vapor).

I still have my regular e-cig batteries (stick as I call them), and carry these with me also. But the small 1 mil cartomizers I can't wait to finish. Will not reorder as I am spoiled now.

I still like the idea of an E-power, for the ease of replaceing all the parts. I am sure this will be my next ecig. When my ego's no longer run.

Thanks to all of you that replyed. You were alot of help to someone looking to move up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread