Needs help with EVic VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve.yk

Feb 18, 2016
Hi everyone, first I have to tell you that im just a starter for this and myself is not a native speaker but i'll try my best to make you guys understand my question

I have the Evic VT with the ego one mega subtank and i have following problems

1. Everytime I vape, both in NI or TI mode, I feel that my throat is a littlebjt hit (sore throat.) I tried to reduce nicotine in liquid and also the temperatur and wattage but it does not work. Is there a problem with my coil?
2. How would i know that it's time to change my coil?
3. Can you guys reccomend new atomizer for evic vt? I prefer a mouth to lung hit

Thank you in advance
Sorry for my language

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi everyone, first I have to tell you that im just a starter for this and myself is not a native speaker but i'll try my best to make you guys understand my question

I have the Evic VT with the ego one mega subtank and i have following problems

1. Everytime I vape, both in NI or TI mode, I feel that my throat is a littlebjt hit (sore throat.) I tried to reduce nicotine in liquid and also the temperatur and wattage but it does not work. Is there a problem with my coil?
2. How would i know that it's time to change my coil?
3. Can you guys reccomend new atomizer for evic vt? I prefer a mouth to lung hit

Thank you in advance
Sorry for my language

Maybe it's because you are using the wrong coil in the wrong mode?

If you have the same kit I have: evic vtc mini with ego one: my ego one came with a 0.2 ohm nickel coil and an 0.4 ohm titanium coil.

Start low and move up.

I only used my ego one for 1 day when I got the kit, then I just used the mod in vw mode with one of my rda's, but one thing about the evic vtc in temperature mode I noticed and I find concerning is it seems to always start at 30 watts when in temperature mode.

Oh, and don't forget to upgrade the firmware:
Software download - Joyetech

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Steve.yk and welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with that gear, but I am a mouth to lung vaper and might have a solution for your vape. I use the Kanger Subtank Mini and Smok TFV4 in my vape. The first thing I did was to swap out the wide bore mouthpiece (called a drip tip) for a cheap more narrow standard 510 sized one. Then I cut back the airflow and I can mouth to lung vape easily (even sub ohm). You should be able to replace the drip tip in the tank you are now using as well.

Two issues cause throat hit. Nicotine level and PG level. If you're vaping a high pg or high nicotine juice it can be an issue. For Subtanks/sub ohms in general 6 mg is the average high and most people usually vape 3mg or less.

If you've burnt a coil it will never vape the same and always give you a throat hit or soreness.

Most coils are changed when they don't give the same vapor as normal, reduced output. It can be a decrease in flavor as well. If you burnt the coil (actually burnt the cotton in the coil) it is time to replace the coil. (if using the rba-(rebuildable coil) you can most often replace the cotton and reuse).

If you have access to Kanthal wire and Cotton I would suggest getting a Kanger Subtank Mini and learn to make coils on the rba. This subtank also uses factory coils, so you can vape either.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Today, other than some vape sessions with Caramel e-juice in a Subtank (20w), I was mostly using an Eleaf GS tank on an eVic mini with mixed citrus fruit (15w). The GS tank looks a bit too small on the eVic, but it's a nice MTL tank.

I don't like Joyetech tanks much, but in fairness the new ones are pretty darn good.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread