New and looking to buy an ego! Questions about the Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been lurking in the forum for a while now and bought a Halo Kr808 last week, but I'm already looking to upgrade to an Ego. I want to set up an ego with recommended cartomizers like the boge 2.0s, and like the way drip tips look. Am I able to put drip tips on boge cartomizers? Another question, When I buy an ego if I plan to use different cartomizers and a drip tip can I just buy an ego battery, cartos, and a tip separately or am I better off buying a kit and then separate attachments. I am not a heavy "vaper" so a 650 or 1000mah bat should last me quite a while.

Thanks,
Jonathan

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Boge has been having some quality issues. I stopped buying them. Now, on my eGos, I mostly always use SmokeTech eGo Mega single coil cartomizers (dual coils are available, too). I also like the cartomizers at Hoosier's eCig Supply..the regular ones (XL) for 510 or eGo. He has the Boge, too...but I'm leery of Boge, anymore. Kanger makes a really good cartomizer, however. Pretty sure they make them for the 510/eGo set ups too.

csdn

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
Michigan
Yes, you can put drip tips on cartomizers - it's actually kind of necessary, since the rubber stoppers that come with most cartomizers tend to get a lot of condensation in the airway. There are a number of vendors that assemble basic eGo kits that come with cartos. I can think of one in in particular that comes with an eGo 650mah(standard, not twist), charger, and 5 Boge LR's for about $35.

Boge has been having some user issues more than quality issues. I continue to buy and use them without problems, myself. Now on my eGo's, I almost always use Boge 3.0 blanks. The reason for this is that the resistance swing is next to nothing. they start at 2.9ohms and end no higher than 3.1, but usually about 3.0ohms. LR's start as low as 1.8 and end as high as 2.6 (all values tested under load), which overall means that the 3.0ohm cartomizers are a much more consistent vape.

The imortant thing to remember about Boge cartomizers is that they have a fairly dense filler material, and an even more dense inner shield, meaning that after you fully saturate them for the first time, it's best to let them sit about 15 minutes before first use, and keep them topped up (or in a carto tank) for maximum life. Using as clear a juice as possible also easily adds up to 4-5 days worth of use over a darker liquid.

A Solid alternative to Cartos is atomizers, or a clearo style tank like the vivi nova. The Nova is especially nice since it also doubles as an excellent platform for getting into rebuildables. This is doubly true when considering how many bad Nova heads have been reported. General consnsus is to use 3mm silica wick and Kanthal A1 30,31 or 32AWG wire. The Nova is about the easiest rebuildable out there at the moment - especially for the price. I know this might not be an option being considered by a newer user, but it leaves room to grow later if desired, and is an overall cheap and good performing product so long as you receive good heads.

Also try to avoid anything dual coil on an eGo or similar battery, as they have a hard time keeping up anywhere above 3.8-4.0V on a twist or other similar adjustable/variable voltage unit.

HTH!

Last edited:

csdn

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
Michigan
Not to derail this thread but I've got to ask what's the difference between the eGo Mega single coil cartos and the duel coil cartos?

one has a single coil (heating element) inside the carto, the other has two. The pitfall to dual coils though, is that they don't always perform as well as a single coil on many of the smaller eGo style batteries. They are also a little more prone to burning if you do not keep them topped up on fluid.

Amylee

Moved On
Oct 9, 2012
TW
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
  • Deleted by johnnymaestro
  • Reason: spamming for post count

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
IMHO - skip the cartomizers, go to a mini vivi nova with 1.8 ohm atomizers and don't look back.

Sound advice here. Get 3 650mah EGO batteries, 2 3.5mm covers to cover the threads for the Novas, 2 Mini Vivi Nova's and and a 1.8 ohm atomizer with drip tip and tapered cone for trying new juices and/or changing flavors quickly. Put your two favorite juices in the Novas and mount those with the 3.5mm thread covers. No fuss way to vape all day without fooling around. You'll have everything you need for a few months and then you can try the Twists and see if variable voltage (VV) is for you. I'm not affiliated with the store, but Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA has all this stuff, at prices you'll have a hard time beating. If you want links to the products, I can help you with that. If somebody had told me this on day one, I'd have saved myself a lot of trouble and money. Oh, you'll need an ego charger with that too.

Ebne08

Oct 9, 2012
Cheyenne, WY USA
I there I am a new vaper and the only batteries I have atm is the standard ego/tornadoT and the mega. I am looking into getting a mod with 18500 batteries like what my boyfriend has. They are reasonable price for a whole kit. This is so I can vape all day long and use my ego for when out of the house to work or whatever I am doing.

A lot of it is trial and error as well as getting advice. I am loving this forum, it does help tremendously.

Kat50

Oct 7, 2012
CT
Ego T with Kanger T2 EgO Clearomizer Tank System. Quick easy and has replaceable atomizer heads. I found it to be easier than the Ego cartridges which were messy and irritating and the taste was better (for me / subjective). I fill up a tank and go all day or take several different with a few of my favorite juices and switch around during a day. Perfect on the go. (waiting on Lavatube for home)

I do keep the Ego T on the low end of the voltage scale because the Kanger gives me a burnt taste if I dial it up to much. I am vaping a 70%VG / 30%PG mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread