New here. Just a quick hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Hello there!

I´m new to the forum so i tought i´d introduce myself. Im a vaper from Sweden, pushing 30 and i started vaping to get off cigarettes wich i havent had in like 6 months. My current mods and setups are;

smok R80, usually combined with a extended TFV4 Micro
smok Alien, on it is usually a Baby Beast or a original TFV8
iJust S, wich is my on-the-go vape.

I came here to find likeminded vapers to Exchange knowledge and such. I´m currently looking into RBA and the like so if you are a good coilmonkey, hit me up ;)

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Hi and welcome! Lots of good info around here if you're looking to build your own. There's a nice section on rebuildables you should probably check out.

Thanks! I´m still kinda scared of doing my own build, atleast until i´ve read enough to NOT blow my face off. I´m still scared ....less by my 18650´s i currently got in my charger. But i invested some time to read up on batteries and chargers before i got mine so i went with the Nitecore i2 and Sony VTC´s. But more information never hurt anyone! :)

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What are you planning to build on. An RBA to fit your BB (you'll need the one that comes with the longer replacement glass to fit the RBA in, not needed on the big baby beast) or getting a dedicated RTA? RTAs are designed from the ground up to be built by the user, and typically are easier with larger build decks to work on.

Reactions: opticruby

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
What are you planning to build on. An RBA to fit your BB (you'll need the one that comes with the longer replacement glass to fit the RBA in, not needed on the big baby beast) or getting a dedicated RTA? RTAs are designed from the ground up to be built by the user, and typically are easier with larger build decks to work on.

Most likely i´m going with a dedicated boxmod and a RTA, i Think it´s called. I just gotta say, i´m not a native English speaker so it might get confusing sometimes...

But i´m thinking a boxmod with a dedicated RTA. Wich is why i need to learn more Before i fiddle with coils and ohms etc. I´m not looking for a mega low ohm to chase Clouds. I just like being able to Control every aspect of the vape.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That sounds like a good plan. You already have some good mods like the alien. The next step is figuring out what tank would be good to start building on. The actual building isn't all that hard, and YouTube is a great place to watch videos of how to build specific tanks. Where are you located, and how easy is it to get parts and stuff where you live?

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
That sounds like a good plan. You already have some good mods like the alien. The next step is figuring out what tank would be good to start building on. The actual building isn't all that hard, and YouTube is a great place to watch videos of how to build specific tanks. Where are you located, and how easy is it to get parts and stuff where you live?

I´m in the Southern parts of Sweden and there actually is a few vapeshops around my area. It´s fairly easy to get parts and great support from the shopkeepers, and from what i gathered they all build themselfs. So it´s just a matter of me taking the step to start building myself. There was actually a RBA head in the TFV8 kit i got today and i started to fiddle with it and researching setups for it. Just gotta learn a Little more :)

EDIT; Is there a message system on the forum? I feel like i got a few questions that might just derail the thread. I get the feeling you know a bunch, if you don´t mind me asking a few.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
I t's your own thread, derail all you want to. Welcome to the forum

Thanks! :)

EDIT; I´ll just insert the questions i had then.

First off, i got 2 Sony VTC5`s with my new Alien. Is it considered a "good" and safe battery? To charge it i got the NiteCore i2 intellicharger. I got the impression after doing some research that it´s a good charger. Any opinions on that particualr charger?

I don´t really know if im doing this right when i charge them, but what i do is that i charge the batteries, and when they are done i unplug my charger and let them sit for like 5 minutes before removing them and start using them. To let them cool of and not stress them. Is this a bad thing?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
First off, i got 2 Sony VTC5`s with my new Alien. Is it considered a "good" and safe battery? To charge it i got the NiteCore i2 intellicharger. I got the impression after doing some research that it´s a good charger. Any opinions on that particualr charger?

Hello @Kotton. Welcome to ECF!, glad to have you here with us.

Your VTC5's will safely take you to 120watts on that mod.

Nitecore are good chargers, I use them myself.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have VTC5's but only use them in single battery mods (they were not married) and stick with two pairs of 30Qs for my dual-battery mods. (Fuchai and Smoant). They (VTC) are very good batteries.
Also, like @opticruby I use Nitecore chargers. More by chance than intention.
This is the sort of decent quality kit all vapers need to use to minimize risks i.m.o.
In reality, I only use 2 x 18650 mods for the run time not the power. I take it easy compared to some.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You can start building with that RBA for practice. If you can get that built, a regular RTA is a piece of cake. Those little RBAs are just harder, for me at least, to work on. The fact you have access to vape shops is also a plus, especially if they're good about stuff like teaching you how to use things.

Reactions: opticruby

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have VTC5's but only use them in single battery mods (they were not married) and stick with two pairs of 30Qs for my dual-battery mods. (Fuchai and Smoant). They (VTC) are very good batteries.
Also, like @opticruby I use Nitecore chargers. More by chance than intention.
This is the sort of decent quality kit all vapers need to use to minimize risks i.m.o.
In reality, I only use 2 x 18650 mods for the run time not the power. I take it easy compared to some.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum
Might want to experiment with coil building in RDA's first.
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel Vape Magazine
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread