New in Vancouver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

khirz

Feb 28, 2012
Vancouver
Hi everyone,

Came across this forum while doing some research into which vape i want to purchase! Think I've decided on a bloog and found a local guy who sells them on here. I've signed up but now need 5 posts. I'll try not to spam but I'm eager to message him haha. :blush:

Bloog sounds like a good choice because I hear it has a ton of vapour and a good throat hit!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
The Bloog is an 808 model and it gets very good reviews but I think the Volt from Smokeless Image is basically the same thing - but cheaper. The 808 is also sold by Vapor4Life and their e-cigs have a longer cutoff time: ~13 seconds vs ~7 for the Bloog and Volt, I think.

I have the V4L 808, the E-Power, the Riva and the KGO. My favorite is the Riva but the others are all good, too.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
What my blog says is:
I vote that you go with the SLB KGO starer kit, it's 48 bucks from DarkCityVapors, comes with 10 cartomizers: 5 SLB Standard Resistance XL cartomizers, and 5 more of your choice of Boge or Smoktech cartos. I like Boge better because if you let it dry out it won't burn a hole in it like smoktech will, and thus they tend to last longer. If you are frugal like me that is win. I haven't smoked since I got it. It hits almost too hard.

All other KGOs on the market will come with cartridges, which are basically fail in this day and age, and then you're going to have to go ahead and buy cartos anyway. That's stupid IMO. Hoosierecigsupply's KGOs come with an ugly red logo on the bottom end of the batteries with his company lame on it as well which is also fail. I'm here to vape not advertise for free lol. I have yet to kill a battery on my KGO and I have been vaping the crap out of it (though I switched between the two batteries back and forth). I think I vaped 4 or 5 ml yesterday alone. Plus the service I got from Bill (BCordell70 - a well-respected member of this community who started his business from here) is impeccable. When I ordered my kit at 4am he was there to answer my question in his instant chat. When one of my 306 LR atomizers was DOA he sent me a new one no questions asked and didn't even ask for the old one back. When I got my kit it came with no instructions so a quick visit to DCV and he was more than eager to answer all my questions instantly. When I called Brent from Hoosier (non-toll free mind you)(when I was considering buying the KGO from him) I felt like he didn't want to talk to me and answer my questions.

If you are going to use cartos like me then I recommend 70/30 pg/vg blend because thick juice and cartos aren't friends. I haven't put any thicker than 60/40 pg/vg in my cartos. Also the darker the juice the faster it seems to kill your carto so keep that in mind as well. I'd get a combo of 24mg and 18mg to start. 24 hits like a truck so 18 is there to chill and chain vape. 24 for when you need to hit it and quit it.

You can't go wrong with a KGO and though you will likely get something else in the future it's a wonderful backup and there is no more versatile battery on the market than a KGO (Ego-510 style) battery. Here is proof that the KGO battery outperforms all other EGO batteries as well as the 18650 battery used in things like the Provari and other expensive PV and Mods: hoosierecigsupply.com 1100mAh eGo battery whips AW 18650 IMR - YouTube

I also watched many videos on youtube and GrimmGreen, (who is basically the king of youtube vapers) and QCAssociates (another respected reviewer) both give the KGO two big thumbs up. I can tell you personally that I give it two thumbs up as well. I quit smoking the moment I got it. It does the trick and it's versatile, and it's relatively inexpensive.

Use Coupon Code: ECFDCV for 5% off. If you order for $65 or more you get free shipping (took me 2 days to get mine from NC to Ohio)
I am going to do a review on DCVs juices that I ordered later on.

Looking at that GrimmGreen video, that Bloog looks less than awesome. 808 is kind of old school and nowhere near as versatile as the 510. There are SO many options with a 510. It's more money too. You don't need a PCC when you have 2x1100mah batteries unless you can vape for 22 hours straight with no possibility to recharge your other battery you aren't using. If you are concerned with the size of the kgo it's about as long as a 100 cigarette with a king size laid back to back and that's with a carto and a drip tip on it. By the way the bloog can't be recharged with a drip tip on it and let me tell you that's terrible. You take the rubber plug out and put a drip tip in your carto. Otherwise the hit is way too hot. Who wants to pull a plug every time you top off your carto. Also the cartos are twice the price of better cartos that you can get for a KGO. I have never been a fan of cigarette-sized PVs. They just don't have the performance of the better EGO style. That's my opinion I hope it helps you. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

P.S. I am blowing clouds of vapor 2-3 times the size that GrimmGreen does in that video. It's almost too much.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
KR808D-1 is a good choice in a slim battery starter kit ... since you are a fellow Canadian, check out the KR808D-1 stuff at Canvape.com ... don't be put off by the fact that it isn't branded ... its great quality ... I'm using one of their 78mm batts with a kanger horizontal coil carto as I type this ... nice vape. Even if you move on and move up, its always nice to have that first kit as a backup...cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread