New member, long time lurker in need of direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofanalogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
oklahoma
Hey folks, Finally decided to register tonight. I have not found another forum anywhere that offers so much info about the e-cig. A little about me: I have smoked analogs for 28 years. I have a pack and a half a day habit :( Around a year ago I bought a 901 penstyle e-cig and started vaping. I was surprised how it helped me get away from analogs. But it was 8 days without smoking then I went right back to the nasty things :( Now I believe it was because i didn't have the right mg of juice and perhaps the right vaporizer either.... I ordered some 24 mg juice from a supplier here just today and am in the market for a really good vaporizer too. My juice before was only the 16 mg and I think it wasn't sufficient for me to stay quit... I started up vaping again 4 days ago and am awaiting my order of the higher mg juice so hopefully that will help me to give up analogs once and for all :). So glad to be here!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome! We're glad you finally decided to join us! Since you are a heavy smoker, I would suggest either a Riva or an eGo. The Riva was my first and I quit smoking the day I got it. It still vapes like a champ after almost four months and the battery will last me 6-8 hours before it needs to be recharged. There are two in the starter kit, so that's all day vaping enjoyment!

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Welcome to ECF!! Your username says it all.

We all have our preferences in what we are looking for in a PV. Do you just want what people consider the best? You'll get a lot of different responses based on what each of us use if that's the case.

I always recommend at least starting out with an eGo or Riva when it comes to someone who is a long time, heavy smoker. One of the best prices you can find for those is at Liberty Flights.

I smoked 1.5-2 PAD for over 28 yrs. I've used the kr808 and 510 (and mega), but I didn't really get what I needed until I started with an eGo.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If a 901 wasn't enough for you then you might want an Ego or Riva 510 - fat-battery versions of the 510 that will allow you to use a greater variety of attys and low resistance attys.

And try a variety of juices. FreedomSmokeUSA has a lot of tobacco flavors and although all of their flavors are not available in $2.25 sampler size, the samplers are a fixed 24mg so that's perfect for you. And you can find their other tobaccos juices and other juices in their other sections, smallest bottle $4 and most configurable for PG/VG (I like 70pg/30vg or 80pg/20vg for more TH). discount code freedomsmokeusa usually gives 10% off - they are one of my favorite juice vendors. Another is Backwoods Brew.

If you try a bunch of juices you will find some that click with you and have a relaxing aroma that reminds you of cigarettes or something else relaxing.

Last edited:

sickofanalogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
oklahoma
Thanks so much for the speedy responses.
WomanofHeart- Do you have both the riva and the ego now? It's funny because I have been looking into the riva, ego and or that Tornado one lol (unsure of the exact name). The prices sound really reasonable to me. I've already decided whichever I get, it must include 2 in the set like you're talking about.

Trouble2k- Hon, that liberty flights site is the very one I went to today, talk about good prices! I think I saw a 20 percent off discount too. But I have to find out if they will accept a money order. Your little baby is so cute :)

Keyzygirl- Thanks so much hon :) I am so ready to throw these cigs away for good! I hope that once I get a good vaporizer and the right (high mg) e-juice I finally will be able to do it. I want one of those meters saying I quit and how much I have saved by not buying them anymore lol

sickofanalogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
oklahoma
If a 901 wasn't enough for you then you might want an Ego or Riva 510 - fat-battery versions of the 510 that will allow you to use a greater variety of attys and low resistance attys.

Hi there doormouse :) what does low resistance atomizer mean? I saw that somewhere else on these forums just the other day.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Ego is a great design. You can use 510 attys or the larger capacity cylinder or cone attys with it. Battery life is 5 or 6 hours and you can go all day with two batteries.

24mg is the suggested start level for nicotine. Some people need 36mg to stay off analogs. You can always order the 36mg and try it. If it's too strong for you, you can order a 12mg bottle of the same flavor and mix the two together to cut it back to 24mg.

Nic strength is subjective. Some people huff the Ecig constantly all day and can get their nic with lower mg levels. Others hit it every ten minutes and end up with cigarette cravings. The latter type need higher strength nic.

At any rate, keep your ecig handy and hit it when you crave an analog. Do that before succumbing to the craving and you will succeed. Even if you end up smoking a handful of analogs a day, you will NOT smoke the others you used to. It's easier to give up a half a pack a day habit than a 2 pack a day habit.

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
Hey there! welcome to ECF (even though you've done some lurking).

Money orders can be a bit tricky. Maybe you can put what's on your money order into a Green Dot card. You can choose either a Master Card or a Visa so it'll make it LOTS easier for you to make online purchases. You can go to just about any big store chain and get one.

That's what we have and they're a Godsend!

I smoked for 28yrs and was able to quit cold turkey using PV's. I started out with an NJoy NPro and now I hav an eGo and I LOVE IT! Good luck to ya and happy vaping!

:)

jvindyex28

Jan 11, 2011
Naptown
WELCOME! I finally decided yesterday to take the plunge and register too! I've been on the No. 7 SS Micro for about a year. I got in this forum the other day and I ended up taking another plunge on buying the JoyE-510 E-go. I just got it today. I opened it up, slapped it together and seasoned the atty. Whooooof! Biggest most awesome hit I've ever had! I can't believe what I've been missing! Awesome throat-hit, and is one SOLID unit. I love it because it's a pass-thru and nomad. You can hook it up to your PC, and hit directly from the USB power source, or you can unplug it and it doubles as a big battery stand-alone unit! I would strongly recommend investing in this device. The kit was $59.00 to my door and came with all kinds of things! 2 atty's, power / charging cord, 5 cartrdiges, 2 cartomizers, 5mL juice (not a lot but comes with it) and some other things too. Nice buy! WAY cheaper than my No.7! I've been off analogs for about 8 months, but I'll DEFINATELY never start again after having this bad boy! (they come in pink too if you're into that sort of thing) I bought mine at Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.. They are out of Chicago. If they're close to you buy it there. It's nice having to have close mailing buddy's in case the little atomizer troll strikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread