new member - vamo v5 rta options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayholweck

Jan 2, 2015
orlando
Just received a v5 in the mail....finally i can vape with some decent power!

Sure gonna beat my 650mah/1100mah kanger bats or spinners (waay overpriced IMO).

I have a protank 2 (solid preformer for me), a mini protank 3, and a H2 atomizer as well.

Im pretty sure that all the atomizers will work on the vamo as they are standard resistence coils in each....but i've caught the vape bug and NEED to upgrade to a tank more worthy of the v5.

Im not here to argue for or against the v5, as i know its quirks and its pros as well...was hard to pass up $20 on fleabay.

Nsutilus for sure...kayfun or kfl... Or Lemo.... REALLY leaning towards the lemo.

I HAVE built coils for my protanks, so rebuilding on a large deck of the kayfun or lemo shouldn't be an issue.....

Thoughts?....... I know when u say vamo a hundred posts soon follow

Double Helix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Houston, TX
I don't know why you're getting all antsy about the Vamo. I haven't seen any hate towards the device on this forum. With that said, either the KFL or Lemo would work fine. Personally I prefer the Lemo, because of it's airy draw. On the other hand it's airy draw tends to make me build lower and operate above the 15 watt limit on the Vamo. The KFL on the other hand performs great at the 15 watt limit.

It really comes down to what you prefer in a RTA. The glass tank section is a huge plus for me, and a huge deciding factor in choosing a RTA.

jayholweck

Jan 2, 2015
orlando
I don't know why you're getting all antsy about the Vamo. I haven't seen any hate towards the device on this forum. With that said, either the KFL or Lemo would work fine. Personally I prefer the Lemo, because of it's airy draw. On the other hand it's airy draw tends to make me build lower and operate above the 15 watt limit on the Vamo. The KFL on the other hand performs great at the 15 watt limit.

It really comes down to what you prefer in a RTA. The glass tank section is a huge plus for me, and a huge deciding factor in choosing a RTA.

Thanks for the input. I tend to dramatise things a bit.... Wasnt really alluding to efc posts. I think this forum has some of the most fervent vamo fans... Was here i got the info and background to go ahead and purchase it with the great price being the real deciding factor though.

Again...thank you!

jayholweck

Jan 2, 2015
orlando
Wish i could try before i buy ya know!

Any other choices u think would work?

Was thinking about getting a dripper that the vamo could handle.... Like a magma or vertex? Dont know which rda's can go down (or up rather) to the 1.4 ohm limit of the v5. Think its 1.4... Could be 1.2.... Cant recall. Anyway, one that would work and has decent airflow (like airy draws). Im on a tight budget, so clones it is...

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Ehpro KFL+ V2 gets my vote. Build it right at 1.2 ohms (the bottom limit of the Vamo V5), crank it to 15 watts, and enjoy! There are modified KFL+ center pin kits available out there that open up the airflow if you feel the draw is too tight.

The Lemo is awesome, but as mentioned above you'll quickly want more power than the Vamo can provide.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Wish i could try before i buy ya know!

Any other choices u think would work?

Was thinking about getting a dripper that the vamo could handle.... Like a magma or vertex? Dont know which rda's can go down (or up rather) to the 1.4 ohm limit of the v5. Think its 1.4... Could be 1.2.... Cant recall. Anyway, one that would work and has decent airflow (like airy draws). Im on a tight budget, so clones it is...

If you are looking for an RTA and a dripper in one, consider the Aqua V2. It's an RTA that can be dual or single coil, plus it comes with a top cap that turns the whole thing into a regular dripper (RDA) Airflow is adjustable in both modes.

One thing I love about the Aqua V2 is you can remove the tank of e-liquid and get to the build deck without having to drain it (like you do with most other RTAs like all the versions of the Kayfuns before the V4) This is particularly important as a new builder on RTA's because if you are like most, you'll be having to adjust your coils and builds quite a lot at first to tune them in.

I just saw the Tobeco clone for 19.99 on 101vape. I don't have that version so I cannot talk about the quality of it. I would highly recommend the 1:1 clone version they have on Fasttech. There are a lot of discussions there that it's made on the same production line as the original.

jayholweck

Jan 2, 2015
orlando
Thanks!

Was thinking about the aqua.... Definately on the short list.

Gonna be awhile before i pull the trigger.... Maybe a lemo AND an aqua when tax time comes! Lol

Nautilus on the list too.... Just kinda want to start baby stepping in rebuilding. Done some kanger heads with success...but had to check them at the b&m...thankfully they clocked in at 2.1.... Not bad at all doing it without a ohms meter handy... Lucky u guess...

Anyway... Thank you!!

Thanks!

Was thinking about the aqua.... Definately on the short list.

Gonna be awhile before i pull the trigger.... Maybe a lemo AND an aqua when tax time comes! Lol

Nautilus on the list too.... Just kinda want to start baby stepping in rebuilding. Done some kanger heads with success...but had to check them at the b&m...thankfully they clocked in at 2.1.... Not bad at all doing it without a ohms meter handy... Lucky u guess...

Anyway... Thank you!!

Well you can read ohm using your Vamo. Press & hold right button to check resistance, in case you don't know yet.

I've been using my Vamo V5 for the last 3 months moving from ego & pretty much love that thing. I started pairing it with Kanger Aerotank 1.5 ohm coils. I can't stand the Kanger's famous leak & gurgle. So I bought bought 4nine clones & tugboat RDA clones from FT, as I want to start experiencing my own rebuilds. I love the set for 1 week until the 4nine magnet died on me. Now I have a single-coiled tugboat built at 1.4/1.6ohm sitting on my Vamo set in 5.5volts....best setup I've had so far.

I'm now thinking to get an RTA for my Vamo to avoid any drip & drive situation with my tugboat. Orchid v2 was my first choice because of the height & low price, but I don't know if it's a good idea to have dual-coils RTA for Vamo. 2nd choice is Lemo drop, but the height is still too much when pairing to already long vamo & I need something shorter like RDA size. I had 7cm Aerotank & that think is just too long, making it difficult to put on pocket. Anyway I always use my Vamo in a single 18350 for easier handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread