Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfirelance

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2014
Washington State
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 44yo male living in the U.S. Been a smoker for 28 years - about a pack and a half. Not quite sure what's gotten into me. I've tried disposable e-cigs in the past but they just didn't reproduce the feeling of inhaling a normal cig.
With the suggestion of a merchant, I bought an eGo vaporizer and some juice (18mg). Started vaping yesterday along with the normal cigs and was surprised to find that I went the whole day only smoking 10 cigarettes compared to 30+.

This is day two, I'm taking it slow and keeping a daily journal but am already pretty optimistic that I can eventually wean the cigs down to zero and just vape, then reduce my dosage of nicotine gradually after that.

Thanks for listening!

-Lance

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 44yo male living in the U.S. Been a smoker for 28 years - about a pack and a half. Not quite sure what's gotten into me. I've tried disposable e-cigs in the past but they just didn't reproduce the feeling of inhaling a normal cig.
With the suggestion of a merchant, I bought an eGo vaporizer and some juice (18mg). Started vaping yesterday along with the normal cigs and was surprised to find that I went the whole day only smoking 10 cigarettes compared to 30+.

This is day two, I'm taking it slow and keeping a daily journal but am already pretty optimistic that I can eventually wean the cigs down to zero and just vape, then reduce my dosage of nicotine gradually after that.

Thanks for listening!

-Lance

I think you will pick up that tobacco cigarette someday and that will be it. It took me 3 months of using both but slowly my use of the tobacco cigs dropped. I was a 40 year smoker so I have a feeling the longer you have smoked the longer it takes to switch to vaping.

STiZzle2010

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Rhode Island, USA
First off, welcome to ECF and for taking the first step in quitting smoking! It sounds as though you are of to a great start!

I tried the disposables at first too which did nothing for me. I then switched to a mod and tank system and started with 24mg and dropped to 18mg about 2 weeks later. Now I am at 12mg and plan to drop to 6mg with my next order.

I think it is important to set goals and work to achieve them. Make sure they are realistic and not out of reach so that you do not get discouraged though and take things one day at a time. Before you know it, you will have quit smoking completely and will wonder how you ever did it!

Keep it up and good luck! :thumb:

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Welcome to you. As you read in the forum, you will probably see that we all have a lot in common - mainly our desire to stop smoking cigarettes, but that we are all different, too.

I was a 40-year plus, 2 pack a day smoker, and since the day I started vaping, I've not smoked another cigarette. I've really had no cravings or urges to smoke, and I'm delighted with how easy and comfortable the process has been for me. And also, grateful.

2ndChoice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ventura,CA

Thanks for listening!

-Lance

Congratulations bro !:thumbup::D:cool:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Welcome to ECF.

I smoked a pack a day of Camel 99s for 30 years. When I first started vaping I did the same thing, vaped sometimes and smoked others. I didn't really get into ecigs to quit smoking, only to have an alternative to use when smoking was either really inconvenient or prohibited.

I spent about 6 months vaping and smoking at the same time. The more I vaped, the less satisfying the smoking became. Then came the day when I found the right juice for me. I had been using tobacco flavors up to that point, but I tried a peppermint and was instantly hooked. As soon as I stopped using tobacco flavor e-juice I stopped smoking the real things. I never really hit a point where I said "today I will stop smoking", I just hit a point where I would light a cigarette, take a couple of puffs, and thought "this isn't what I want".

Congratulations on taking the first step. In time you'll find the right ecig and the right flavor(s) for you, and then quitting the stinkies will come naturally. You just won't find them as satisfying as vaping anymore.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Welcome to the forum! I'll bet that in a few days you will be wondering why you ever liked smoking as opposed to vaping and that will be the end of the cigs. For one thing, there are all those amazing flavors to try and that is just fun. I smoked as much or more as you for my entire adult life and once I started vaping never wanted another smoke. I was smoking a "light" cigarette and am using 12 mg of nicotine juice. I am still using 12, as much because I have a lot of juice that is 12 as anything, but may step down next time I order something. I did have some 18 mg juice that I bought thinking it was a good place to start, but 18 was too high and made me cough, so I put it away. You will find what works best for you. Meantime there is a ton of info here in this forum and many, many wonderful folks who can help with any question you have. Congrats for starting on this new and healthy path. :toast:

AciDeX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome, I was a PAD smoker for almost 20 years and started vaping about two weeks ago and that day was the day I put down cigarettes for good! Seems everyone is different, I hit a point in my life that I was sick of "trying to quit" I had tried several times and failed. My aunt had succeeded with vaping so I finally gave it a go. I'm still searching for a good adv flavor, but made my first order to the Vapor Chef today. Keep up the good work there are lots of encouraging people here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread