Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Got mine on Thursday but had to leave town before I could charge the batteries so just got back and have it up and running. I have to fill some cartos I ordered and get my IBTank setup because the iclear 16 is not cutting it. Will report back when I give it an honest try.

OH..... are you in for a treat !! Provari and an IBTanked..... your set my friend. You might as well get into DIY juice making or some other hobby because you will find that you are done buying the newest new mod or tank system. Thats whats happened to me anyway.

Im exited for everyone here that is getting or has gotten theirs this week. There really is a difference isnt there ?

:toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can someone lucidly explain how 10 watts on a Provari is different than 10 watts on a Vamo or 10 Watts on a Twist?

Watts is watts.

Does the Provari provide fairy dust watts or something?
I'm assuming that's a serious question, so I'll give a serious answer. I can't speak for the eGo batteries, as I've never owned one nor felt the need to study their technology.

Most regulated mods come from China. They use cheap materials to sell cheap mods. Their processor boost circuits which regulate voltage operate on a 33 Hx frequency and use cheap, low quality filters.

The Provari uses a more expensive processor that is military grade and operates at 800 Hz and uses higher quality filters. This makes for a smoother PWM (pulse width modulation). The Provari uses Provape's patent-protected Accuset Technology regulator, which means what you set in voltage, you will get within 1% accuracy, from the beginning of a new battery until its finished. The processor chip continuously monitors the voltage drop of the battery, and adjusts the voltage to what the user set.

Technologically speaking, that's the difference. Will you notice the difference? Who knows? Not everyone does, but many many do.

Last edited:

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Update! Figure I'll chime in with my thoughts after having my new Provari for a few days. WOW! I absolutely love this thing. Simple and handles everything I need. Solid. I have drippers, Gennys, BCC's, all have satisfied me (after I rebuilt some for a little higher Ohms). With all that guess what I have been picking up and vaping the most with the last few days. My Cartos. Popped my IBTank out of storage, primed up a Ikevape carto, dumped some juice in and away I went. Huge difference for me in performance and flavor on the Provari. Is it in my mind? Who cares! I'm loving it!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I'm assuming that's a serious question, so I'll give a serious answer. I can't speak for the eGo batteries, as I've never owned one nor felt the need to study their technology.

Most regulated mods come from China. They use cheap materials to sell cheap mods. Their processor boost circuits which regulate voltage operate on a 33 Hx frequency and use cheap, low quality filters.

The Provari uses a more expensive processor that is military grade and operates at 800 Hz and uses higher quality filters. This makes for a smoother PWM (pulse width modulation). The Provari uses Provape's patent-protected Accuset Technology regulator, which means what you set in voltage, you will get within 1% accuracy, from the beginning of a new battery until its finished. The processor chip continuously monitors the voltage drop of the battery, and adjusts the voltage to what the user set.

Technologically speaking, that's the difference. Will you notice the difference? Who knows? Not everyone does, but many many do.

Thanks Bad,
I was asking seriously. Thanks for the serious answer.
A Vamo is Chinese built? Just asking.
I wonder what the voltage accuracy is on other VV devices, pricey or cheap?

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Thanks Bad,

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

My experience with a Vamo and an eVic has been this:

With a full battery setting to a voltage that is equal to or less than the battery charge (like anything from 4 volts or less), these devices deliver a voltage that is pretty close. I think the eVic was within 5% and the Vamo about the same. The problem was, when the output voltage of the device exceeded the remaining battery voltage (say when the battery got to 3.7 volts) and you were asking for say 4 volts or more, the device just couldn't "keep up". Then you would see differences from the set voltage to the actual output of say 10-20%. The further below the output voltage you set the device, the worst it got. So if you regularly use 4.5 to 5 volts to vape, you will see the output is never quite right. If you like to vape at say 3.2 volts, then you will see very good accuracy. I only tested these two mods, but I bet its true for all of the 33 Hz mods.

The ProVari always, up until the last puff, delivers voltage that is spot on.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks Bad,
Yes, the Vamo is made in China. Just like the Evic, Smoktech, Segelei, Innokin, et all. I don't recall any high-volume US-made regulated mods other than the Provari.

If you really want to know the answer to your other question and have the time, PBusardo runs all of his reviewed mods through analytical scopes to test their voltage accuracy.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am surprised by this, you sold your evic, after all the posts in the evic section, that I have read from you, saying that you liked both devise's. :blink: I guess that's ok from the one, who coined the term Provarinati. :)

I got my ProVari on June 1.

I just ordered my second last week. I sold my eVic and Vamo to make room for it.

Tapped out

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I am surprised by this, you sold your evic, after all the posts in the evic section, that I have read from you, saying that you liked both devise's. :blink: I guess that's ok from the one, who coined the term Provarinati. :)

I did like it. The simple truth is, it was just not as good as my ProVari in any meaningful way. Sure, the display was pretty...but as a vaping device, it was just not the ProVari's equal. I did not want to reach this conclusion, but I did.

I still consider the eVic to be a strong mod.

I use my ProVari in any situation where it's size is not a burden. When it is, I use one of my twists.

This is just what works for me.

Tapped out

Shorebird

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Strawberry, MD
I did like it. The simple truth is, it was just not as good as my ProVari in any meaningful way. Sure, the display was pretty...but as a vaping device, it was just not the ProVari's equal. I did not want to reach this conclusion, but I did.

I still consider the eVic to be a strong mod.

I use my ProVari in any situation where it's size is not a burden. When it is, I use one of my twists.

This is just what works for me.

Tapped out

That's where I am as well. I have my ProVari and a couple of Ego C-Twists.
Luckily, I went from the Egos straight to the ProVari. I managed to save
myself from the myriad of Chinese mods.
Now, I am hunting for the perfect juice.
I know that it is out there somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread