New to all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Greetings and welcome @RichardOwlz there are so many options for tanks out there. If your Aspire K1 is a good vape, stick with that for a little while before upgrading. Maybe do some research on the Aspire Nautilus and the Nautilus mini - it seems a lot of users have good results and really like those as well.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the switch! Keep it up.

Before you start to buy more tanks (especially if you're happy with the one you have)...It might be better to consider getting a backup mod. A secondary iStick 20w if you like or if you want to try something like a Cool Fire 4 or an iStick 30w or something else that would be cool too. I say this because while its important to back up all of your devices amd have spares at the ready, i think that its better when starting out to have the backup battery at the very least. This way you will always have one charged and one for vaping, if something goes wrong with one, you have another while waiting for vapemail, etc.

Spare tanks are important too. For those i like Aspire Nautilus or the kangertech Genitank. Great tanks for starting out as they are relatively inexpensive and they are well made.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Grats to you!! :thumbs:

Proper Terminology: A Guide to Juice Delivery Attachments

You already have an excellent tank. Another good one is the Aspire Nautilus (and mini version).

proxy.php

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Welcome to the forum, Richard, and congratulations on quitting!

Honestly, there really is SO much good stuff out there right now, with new equipment coming out every day it seems, I hesitate to recommend anything to you without knowing your preferences and budget.

I would recommend, as has already been suggested, that you get a backup, and do some research!

Best of luck in your vape journey!

Reactions: Romano Cheese

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks! Im mainly using this to stop smoking and haven't craved all day which i think is pretty good!

Not sure what juice i should be using either, i smoked around 15-20 a day!
Well, if what you're vaping is helping you to stay off the smokes, I'd say you're using the right one!

I was at about a pack to a pack and a half each day, and I started at 24 mg e-liquid, and I dropped down to 18 mg several months later. As long as you're satisfying your cravings I'd say stick with what you have, but I would buy a few bottles at the next higher level for the bad days, just in case.

Reactions: Romano Cheese
Thanks! Im mainly using this to stop smoking and haven't craved all day which i think is pretty good!

Not sure what juice i should be using either, i smoked around 15-20 a day!

you will learn quite quickly what strength best suits you, 12mg wasn't doing it for me, I was smoking about 20-30 rollup's a day before vaping, without filters, I started on 18mg, but was only there for the initial week or 2 before I dropped to 16mg and then again to 12mg, your body will let you know when its time to drop, when all you can taste is the nicotine / tobacco kinda taste and hardly any flavour, then its time to drop.

If the next step down is too low, don't forget you can mix, so one of my favourites is banana and vanilla custard, 18mg too high, 8mg too low for instance, get banana in 18, custard in 8, mix together 50/50 to make a 13mg mix, or 2 of the same flavour, 1 high 1 low, 50/50 mix gives you the middle number between the 2.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For e-liquid, the typical nicotine recommendations are as follows:

1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg

* Your results & nicotine requirements may vary. Too high of a nic level will result in a too harsh vape or sore throat, and often results in a headache or nausea. You may naturally vape more than you smoked innitially, as vaping nicotine is not as efficient as smoking it.

Power settings on your vaporizer are subjective; start on a lower power setting and increase in increments until you begin to notice a burnt taste then back down the power setting a pinch until you get the best combination of flavor and vapor.

Figure on consuming at least 2 - 3 ml of liquid daily. Bottles are usually 10 or 30 ml volume.
E-liquid generally has concentrated nicotine, propylene glycol (Pg), vegetable glycerin (Vg) and flavoring extracts. The ratio of Pg and Vg is known as the pg/vg ratio, and a 50/50 blend is common.

Last edited:

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just seem to be using it a lot so thought maybe upping the % would be a good idea!
Since you just quit, I'd say that's pretty typical. I had a death grip on my APV the first few weeks after I got off cigarettes. Unless it's simply not working for you, I wouldn't say you HAVE to up your nic level.

not really how it works, if 12mg is doing it for you, then 24 will be too much, it wont stop you using it less, it will just get you hooked on the higher nic and harder to drop, and even more so on the 36mg.

The trouble with these sticks, is they don't burn down like a cig, you have to know when to put it down, I was the same, constantly on it, all day, from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, but that was just to cure the horrible cravings I was getting at the time, getting better now and not constantly on it anymore.

check out about dripping, I don't do it myself, and only recently learned what its is, but its a good way to get you to put it down.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
How is everyone else set up? Wattage liquid ect just to get an idea!

We're all over the wattage and nic % map around here, but I think I average around the mid 20's, power wise, and I am currently buying (and mixing) 6 mg. I still use some leftover 12 mg liquid, but only when I am running a lower powered build, and sometimes 0-3 mg when I do a high-powered setup.

How much dose the Aspire K1 hold when full? Or as full as you can get it anyway!

Stated capacity is 1.5 ml, but I can't say how accurate that is. Sometimes actual capacity is a tad less than stated capacity because the design may not allow you to completely top if off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread