New to DIY and looking for specific help with VZ concentrated flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybykite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've just started DIY and got my first batch of 19 super concentrated tobacco flavors from vaping zone. I'm used to vaping ecblends tobacco flavors and love black magic, Ry4, Ry5, 7 leaf hopscotch, honey dipped, desert ship and most others in the tobacco dept.

With the VZ flavors I'm not getting anything near the store bought flavors I'm used to. What am I missing. The VZ flavors are alright I suppose but I was hoping to find some ADV in the 19 flavors I purchased. What ingredients/ flavors would you recommend adding for someone who likes complex, strong and slightly sweet tobaccos like the ones mentioned above. The ones I did like freshly mixed from VZ were cherry cigar, cohiba, burley, and real cig was alright.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I found Real Cig to be a little weak, but makes a good add on at 2-3%.
Had to go to 7% for stand alone.
Real Cig needs 3-4 weeks to taste good IMO.

I mix it in with VZ Parliament, which I really like alone at 2.5% to 3%.

Then I add 2.5% Inawera Virginia TA, 2.5% Real Cig, and 3 drops of Inawera DNB.

Some of the Virginia's are a little sweet, not the TA though.

Not really sweet tho u could add 1% TFA Marshmallow & 2% TFA Vanilla Swirl, or 1% FA Vienna Cream & 1% FA Meringue.

Hows the Burley?
I wanna eventually try that one too.

BTW eCx has a Tobacco Express Parler and is the same as VZ Parliament but for way cheaper.
A lot of them are made in China so...

Last edited:

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
I've never vaped ECB tobaccos, but judging by their titles, I'd say they're using FlavourArt(FA) flavorings. Get a hold of some of their tobaccos with similar titles (7 Leaf, Ry4, Desert Ship, Honey, etc.) and try messing around, starting at abou 3% for each flavor. You could also try Hangsen Tobaccos, which are pretty good for beginner tobacco mixers at around 3-6% each.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I've just started DIY and got my first batch of 19 super concentrated tobacco flavors from Vaping zone. I'm used to vaping ecblends tobacco flavors and love black magic, Ry4, Ry5, 7 leaf hopscotch, honey dipped, desert ship and most others in the tobacco dept.

With the VZ flavors I'm not getting anything near the store bought flavors I'm used to. What am I missing. The VZ flavors are alright I suppose but I was hoping to find some ADV in the 19 flavors I purchased. What ingredients/ flavors would you recommend adding for someone who likes complex, strong and slightly sweet tobaccos like the ones mentioned above. The ones I did like freshly mixed from VZ were cherry cigar, cohiba, burley, and real cig was alright.

VZ has become my absolute favorite for some great tobacco flavors. Honey Flu Cured @ 3%, Old Captain 5%, and French Pipe @ 3% top the list for me.

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
I'm vaping some now - Dunhill I made 4 hours ago @2.5% in 24MG 50/50 and its very good. It has all the Dunhill top notes but could use some more tobacco undertones - I don't know whether to try like 3.3% or let it age some but its very good already. I made more at 2.5% to age. I did my version of 'give it a hot bath' I stuck it in the clothes dryer for 10 minutes - good mixing while heating.

The other flavors I got from them were fruits, a cream and a gourmet raspberry - but aside from the cream - they shouldn't require aging like the tobaccos.

Interesting to learn that they use Baker's flavors - may find more % feedback or recipes if we know the actual source. Though I haven't heard of Baker.

Last edited:

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Tested pina colada, gourmet raspberry, dark plum, rum raisin - I bumped them all up 50% so 2.5%SC -> 3.75% and 2%gourmetSC -> 3%
Good taste at recomended level but better and not too strong at +50%.

Based on that I tried the Dunhill at 4%(+60%) and its a bit too strong - maybe 3-3.5% for the tobaccos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread