• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

englishmick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    It can be a pain to add the nic when you're mixing small bottles of juice. Having to add a tiny quantity of nic each time when you're trying out flavors and mixing really small bottles of different recipes. Especially when the nic is very strong and you have to be extra careful.

The way a lot of folks do it is to make some diluted base before you start. I get 100mg nic, then mix a few hundred mls at a time of 8mg base, just nic, VG, and PG. If you use 12mg juice then you could mix base at 15mg or 20mg. It's a lot easier to add a larger quantity of base than a small quantity of high concentration nic. And you only have to handle the strong nic once in a while. If you spill 20mg base on your hand you don't have to worry, just wipe it off with a paper towel.

Once you get the hang of it you can mix your base just a little stronger than where you want the juice to end up. Like mix 14mg base and rely on the flavoring to cut it down to 12mg. Makes mixing a doddle.

I picked up that tip here soon after I started mixing.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The way a lot of folks do it is to make some diluted base before you start. I get 100mg nic, then mix a few hundred mls at a time of 8mg base, just nic, VG, and PG.
    That's how I do it (for small test batches) I mix 100ml of "base" (with just a little less PG because the flavors add some PG too)
    I really have this mixing by volume down, but so want to get a scale and do it right (adding flavors would be so much easier)

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    It can be a pain to add the nic when you're mixing small bottles of juice. Having to add a tiny quantity of nic each time when you're trying out flavors and mixing really small bottles of different recipes. Especially when the nic is very strong and you have to be extra careful.

The way a lot of folks do it is to make some diluted base before you start. I get 100mg nic, then mix a few hundred mls at a time of 8mg base, just nic, VG, and PG. If you use 12mg juice then you could mix base at 15mg or 20mg. It's a lot easier to add a larger quantity of base than a small quantity of high concentration nic. And you only have to handle the strong nic once in a while. If you spill 20mg base on your hand you don't have to worry, just wipe it off with a paper towel.

Once you get the hang of it you can mix your base just a little stronger than where you want the juice to end up. Like mix 14mg base and rely on the flavoring to cut it down to 12mg. Makes mixing a doddle.

I picked up that tip here soon after I started mixing.

Thank you for that! Vaper1960 told me something similar earlier in this thread, and it sounds like a good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread