New to dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently sold my provari and bought the Carapace and TOBH atty. I like a cooler vape but still wish to blow decent clouds. I have 28 gauge kanthal but no ohms reader. Around what type of resistance would give me a cooler vape? And how many wraps on say...a toothpick? uploadfromtaptalk1408587863017.jpg

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Recently sold my provari and bought the Carapace and TOBH atty. I like a cooler vape but still wish to blow decent clouds. I have 28 gauge kanthal but no ohms reader. Around what type of resistance would give me a cooler vape? And how many wraps on say...a toothpick? View attachment 366681

You really need an ohm reader that reads to the third digit when rebuilding along with an IMR battery rated high enough for the builds you are doing and might do.

For a cooler vape make sure your coils are lined up perfectly leveled and behind your airflow holes,

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Here are some tools, but you still need an ohm reader, since ohms can change with slight movement and placement of coils and how tight or loose and spread out they are made.

Last edited:

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
Buy an ohms reader or digital multi meter first! If you haven't, learn ohms law. Learn how to spot a short. With no ohms reader you could be drawing too many amps from the battery and it could blow up! Do you know your battery continuous discharge rate?

Please respond to the above!!!

After ALL of the above: at 28g, maybe 1.5ohm should be ok.

I always use single coil, around 1.5-2ohms. With a single coil, you may want to try putting some tape over the opposite 3 air holes, blocking them. And only using the 3 air holes in front of the coil.

Lifting the coil up to the same level or above of the air holes will help.

There are far more important things to do before you ask about clouds.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Buy an ohms reader or digital multi meter first! If you haven't, learn ohms law. Learn how to spot a short. With no ohms reader you could be drawing too many amps from the battery and it could blow up! Do you know your battery continuous discharge rate?

Please respond to the above!!!

After ALL of the above: at 28g, maybe 1.5ohm should be ok.

I always use single coil, around 1.5-2ohms. With a single coil, you may want to try putting some tape over the opposite 3 air holes, blocking them. And only using the 3 air holes in front of the coil.

Lifting the coil up to the same level or above of the air holes will help.

There are far more important things to do before you ask about clouds.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

I do not. I use a Sony 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread