New to ECF and APVs, got a VTR and SID w/ some PT3s, IC30s, 'n Aspire BDCs. Juice from MBV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Enough acronyms for ya ;)

Brand-spankin' new to ECF, and vaping altogether. After smoking Camels for over half my life, I'm NEED and want to quit. I think e-cigs are the way to go...though I have been skeptical until recently when I tried my first "real" APV...I was SOLD!

But damn people!!! So many acronyms in this bid-ness!!! Got more acronyms than you can shake a stick at!

Sarcasm aside, I'm excited to get all my gear :D

After cramming my brain with knowledge for a few days, and getting advice from friends, I finally figured out what I wanted. I originally thought I wanted a V2, then an eGO twist, then an eGO-V V3, then I finally settled on a "good" starter set to avoid learning through $$$.

I have an order processing through "slow tech" :)p) which will get here in month or 6:

(1) SmokTech SID
(2) Kanger PT3s
(4) Panasonic NCR18650Bs
(5) Kanger coils (1.8ohm, single-coil)
A few misc. tips

I also ordered a VTR on eBay (Genuine for sure) and an Aspire BDC. :D

I am waiting on a couple more batteries and a NiteCore IC-4 from Amazon (should be here day after tomorrow).

I got a few 15ml bottles from MBV...I've heard they are decent and they are also semi-local to me. I've been letting them steep for the last week, so they should be semi-tasty come Thursday when I can FINALLY start vaping and give up these stupid, expensive, smelly, analog death sticks.

Got these flavors/blends to try out:

Butter Pecan: 65pg/35vg, 18mg nic., +1 flavor
Green Apple: 65pg/35vg, 18mg nic., +1 flavor
Hawk Sauce: 65pg/35vg, 18mg nic.
555: 65pg/35vg, 24mg nic. (Nic-fit goto)
East coast Tobacco: 65pg/35vg, 18mg nic.
*Bonus*
Cucumber Mint: 80pg/20vg, 12mg nic.

Anyway, I'm excited as hell to quit smoking and start vaping, and to also be a member of this awesome forum/support group :2cool:

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi Benson and welcome to ECF. Good to see you've got the lingo down. You should be all set with the new gear!

What is TLDR? And

If you haven't vaped before why and how would you know you would like or even needed extra flavorshots in your eliquid? On advice of others?

:)

Too long, didn't read.

The second question Benson will have to answer himself ;).

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Welcome Benson, loved that show. lmao. Looks like you got a good start and are well on your way to vape freedom, or slt.

I was a camel burner too, 9 months ago, have been a vaper since. Was a smoker for 27 years, no longer.!!

MBV is fast, reasonable and have lots of flavors to choose from, liked the Virginia Fired, and the Whiskey was ok. But like with any juice vendor, some flavors you'll love, some, yeah may be disposed of.

The Aspire Nautilus is reportedly an excellent tank system. On your next juice order you might want to try changing your VG/PG ratios up a bit, finding the best VG/PG ratio is one of the milestones of vaping, along with finding you desired nic level. I found high PG juice to harsh, and after much experimenting found my preference to be 70%-80% VG. Think the reason MBV has their default at a high PG is that PG is thinner and much easier to mix quickly than the thicker VG ratios.

Congrats on your Vape, and enjoy.

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Thanks for the input and feedback y'all!

@ Sugar_and_Spice: I added the flavor-shot to a couple of their "most-popular" blends (Butter Pecan and Green Apple) just to try it out. They seemed to get great reviews and smell amazing right from the bottle. As with most any juice, it will be trial and error until I find the brand, flavor, Nic level, and VG/PG ratios that I like the best. Here's to hoping they are good'n'tasty! :)

@Bunny killer: YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary, but the adopted translation basically means "Your Results May Vary".

@dice57: thanks for the advice man! I will be sure to play around with different ratios to see what vapes the best for me. Their stuff is pretty inexpensive and quick to arrive down the 'ol I-5 to my house. I am really stoked to start vaping...it sucks having this badass VTR and no batteries (coming tomorrow). :(
Is that a Savannah cat in your avatar? Looks awesome!

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
MBV is going to spoil you! Nice choices on gear, you should be pleased. Start ordering more crap from FT before you need it and keep batteries out of those orders.

More VG might cause some acne issues and definitely drink lots of water. I'm sure you know that since you've done your homework.

Check out some RY4 tobacco, great for those- omg I need a smoke mornings.

Sent from my Windows 8 Phone using Tapatalk

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
@FnMag: Thanks man! It took me 5-6 times of updating my shopping cart to decide on what MODs to get. I think the SID will be great for on-the-go and the VTR for at home or when I am out adventuring/wheeling (this thing is built like a TANK!)

I am trying my luck with the 18650s from FT. They were nice enough to check with me about shipping options, and recommended 'Malaysia Post' to get batteries to the states. I hope they show up...but with the CNY it will likely be the end of Feb. before I see them. We'll see.

I am excited to try all (3) BDCs (PT3, Aspire, iC30s) as well. Maybe once I find my stride I will do a Menage Trois shootout review to see how they compare. I might eventually try the Nautilus that dice57 mentioned, but damn that thing is spendy. I'm sure I'll eventually get into RBAs, maybe a Kraken or Kayfun clone...baby steps first :p

I will be sure to stay hydrated too...in addition to being addicted to cigs, I am also addicted to beverages. I ALWAYS have to be drinking something. I probably drink about a gallon of water a day as it is.

Last edited:

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
When you get those times when you are dying for a smoke, sit there with your mod vaping until it goes away. The 3 month mark was my hardest.

My chi-funs should be here today. They went to Illinois instead of Frisco. 3 weeks including the 4 days before actual shipping.

I usually have a epm pipe and either my bogger box or a vmod as backup. I'm heading to my LVS for a VTR shortly. :)

Sent from my Windows 8 Phone using Tapatalk

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Hell yeah FnMag! Good advice! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl to try the VTR. I need to try the different Tobacco flavors to see which is closest to my Camels. I take the reviews with a grain if salt, it's like people expect most Tobacco flavors to taste pleasant or sweet, but let's be honest - cigs taste like ...... I might check out the VA and RY4. Also heard good things about Liqua Turkish tasting like a Camel.

@ Amiaji: Thank you! Glad to be here! :2cool:

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Sweet man! I can't wait to play with mine...I just came across this chart:
voltagechart-lg.jpg

I'm sure it's posted on here already, but I haven't trolled through the whole forum yet. I have a few NooB questions that I need to ask, should I just ask them in my "Intro Thread" or start a new topic? I don't want to get flamed or told to RTFM :)

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone make a Black "Beauty Ring" or Cone for the SmokTech SID? The only one I found was from IBTanked and it's brushed metal.

2. Do you recommend boiling my attys before using them? If so, should I do water, or water/vinegar/water and for how long?
I've seen a few methods but I'm not gonna do the mouthwash trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread