new to ecigs, got a blu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone im new to ecigs. My mom saw them and got me a blu to help me get off cigs. Im not here to start a is a blu good or not thread. I smoke 2 packs a day of regular cigs. The first day i got the blu i smoked like 7 regular cigs, and yesterday, the second day, i smoked about 4. The only reason i smoked the last 2 was because im already running low on carts since my mom got me the trial packs of carts, 5 packs of 5 different flavors and i wont smoke menthol or the coffee flavored one.

My questions are 1) i heard the volcano and blu are the same thing and all the carts / parts are interchangable? Is this true? I can get the volcano carts cheaper and i heard that they ship a lot faster. Im guna need to get em quick i dont even have enough carts to last me today so i dont wanna be back on regular cigs for too long until i can get a bunch of carts.

2) The volcano website says they teamed up with an eliquid dealer. They say just buy the empty carts(which are sold out) and put in the liquid. They didnt say anything about modding the carts or anything like that. Are the empty carts the same as the empty white cart that comes on my blu? If so i dont understand how the liquid would stay in.

3) If those carts i have dont work, is there any way i can buy empty carts to add liquid too that i dont have to mod with the lipton bags?

Thanks in advance everyone! To be honest i really like the blu when the carts are full but they dont last as long as i hoped thats my only gripe. If i can get eliquid to work ill be very happy.

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
.5. You should be warned that: "My mom saw them and got me a blu to help me get off cigs" I hope you would order the 0 nic carts as this WILL NOT help quit nic.

1. Yes, they are interchangable.

2. If you buy "empty carts" they most likly will not have a filler inside them and you will need to buy some of that white stuff in the carts. (no idea where, im new). You can always re fill the pre filled carts by washing the little white guase out, dry it, and drip it wet again.

3. Some usefull help I found on 8-o another forum?! 8-o:

"Hi Joe, I know this is an old topic but I just registered. I have used JOYE 306a cartridges with blu and Volcano atomizers for months, and they work very well. Perhaps you may want to try some out, in case you'd like to sell "premium" blank carts to Volcano customers. The only issue is that the rubber stopper is a little too long for a plugged cart to fit in the V-Pack, but I very simply trim a mm off with an Exacto knife, and I bet you could automate that process very professionally.

I've been using matte black 306a carts for months, and have some natural/tan ones on the way."

The offical answer from volcano:
"We do not sell empty cartridges. We also do not know who may have empty cartridges compatible to ours. Our cartridges are the cheapest you can find, so its hard to beat the bargain"

Hope that helps, blind leading the blind here, never tried a volcano. Love my 510 which is 2 days old. :thumbs:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yes, Blu and Volcano are the same.

The stock Blu cartridges are notorious for seeming like they are empty when they still have some juice left. This is due to the batting/filler not transferring the liquid to the atomizer smoothly and efficiently.

I would highly suggest ordering bottles of liquid from a good supplier and filling them yourself:

1. it's tons cheaper than buyin a bunch of sub-par cartridges
2. It tastes WAY better
3. your carts will last a lot longer
4. you will get a nice big hit off of a cart that you filled yerself and will keep you off cigs:)

the filler in the stock carts are tighter packed and don't move the liquid very well I use the stuff called Fluval cut to where it will just barely touch the atomizer when assembled.
The cart actually has another part inside it that you fill.

There is a video of a guy re-filling a Blu cart on the internet that will let you see how best to do it.

With just a small effort of practice filling them you will be loving it.

A lot of people will knock the Blu but trust me you can get that thing working like a champ..............my woman and myself have both given up cigarettes all the way.

Good luck, message me if you have any other questions.

to be honest im tryin to not smoke real cigs with all the cancer causing ingredients but at this stage im not trying to get off nicotine but thanks for all your help

.5. You should be warned that: "My mom saw them and got me a blu to help me get off cigs" I hope you would order the 0 nic carts as this WILL NOT help quit nic.

1. Yes, they are interchangable.

2. If you buy "empty carts" they most likly will not have a filler inside them and you will need to buy some of that white stuff in the carts. (no idea where, im new). You can always re fill the pre filled carts by washing the little white guase out, dry it, and drip it wet again.

3. Some usefull help I found on 8-o another forum?! 8-o:

"Hi Joe, I know this is an old topic but I just registered. I have used JOYE 306a cartridges with blu and Volcano atomizers for months, and they work very well. Perhaps you may want to try some out, in case you'd like to sell "premium" blank carts to Volcano customers. The only issue is that the rubber stopper is a little too long for a plugged cart to fit in the V-Pack, but I very simply trim a mm off with an Exacto knife, and I bet you could automate that process very professionally.

I've been using matte black 306a carts for months, and have some natural/tan ones on the way."

The offical answer from volcano:
"We do not sell empty cartridges. We also do not know who may have empty cartridges compatible to ours. Our cartridges are the cheapest you can find, so its hard to beat the bargain"

Hope that helps, blind leading the blind here, never tried a volcano. Love my 510 which is 2 days old. :thumbs:

Yes, Blu and Volcano are the same.

The stock Blu cartridges are notorious for seeming like they are empty when they still have some juice left. This is due to the batting/filler not transferring the liquid to the atomizer smoothly and efficiently.

I would highly suggest ordering bottles of liquid from a good supplier and filling them yourself:

1. it's tons cheaper than buyin a bunch of sub-par cartridges
2. It tastes WAY better
3. your carts will last a lot longer
4. you will get a nice big hit off of a cart that you filled yerself and will keep you off cigs:)

the filler in the stock carts are tighter packed and don't move the liquid very well I use the stuff called Fluval cut to where it will just barely touch the atomizer when assembled.
The cart actually has another part inside it that you fill.

There is a video of a guy re-filling a Blu cart on the internet that will let you see how best to do it.

With just a small effort of practice filling them you will be loving it.

A lot of people will knock the Blu but trust me you can get that thing working like a champ..............my woman and myself have both given up cigarettes all the way.

Good luck, message me if you have any other questions.

ok thanks. I just ordered 10 carts from volcano to get me by until i can figure out how to refill the blu carts. although the prefilled carts arent the best, getting 50 carts for 30$ isnt to bad to use until i can figure out how to refill. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread