New to Rebuildables, Should I get ohm meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdakeg

Sep 7, 2014
Missouri
So I have been vaping on my ipv2 and tanks for a while, atlantis now, but I am wanting to get into rebuildables and bought an rda, wick, wire. But do I need to get a meter if I am using it with an ipv2 still? If so what is a good one to buy, most I look at on amazon do not have the greatest reviews. I see a tobeco one on amazon for $15, would that be okay?

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
That's one of them that I have and has worked well. I just got an ohm meter from USA Ohm Meters that's extremely accurate. If you are going into rebuildables, an ohm meter is a MUST. In a pinch, you can use a mod such as an MVP or Provari to read your ohms. I don't have an ipv2, but if it reads ohms, that'll work for now until you get something else.

Sent by REO vapor

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Ya it reads the ohms once I fire it, was curious if that would get rid of the need of one, but I guess I should get one anyways. Prob get that one if it works ok, might check out the usa ohm meter if it Is not too expensive.

An ohm reader isn't something you need to upgrade over time. Its like a battery charger. Dont skimp. They arent super expensive. Spend the $23 + shipping on a USA Ohm reader and you will be happier in the long run. Wish I would have started with one....

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have used the very inexpensive one at Fasttech for the last year and it reads exactly what my mods that check calculates. I check both places before I place on my pv. I'm .....
girl_haha.gif
Just my 3¢ (inflation)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010372/1897900-atomizer-resistance-tester-ohm-meter
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I'm .....
girl_haha.gif

Hi ...., I'm db!*

OP, the IPVs ohm checker is a wee bit off, but if you're not doing low-ohm mechs it should work fine. A cheap one like rat2chat is pointing to will work until it doesn't work, and gives you a little deck to build on with the atomizer screwed in... but not really necessary, no.

*I know, not my best work but they can't all be winners

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread