Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I would recommend a smok xpro m80 plus and an arctic clearo. Great setup for the price. one thing about the smok m80 is that they claim it has temperature control but it is either horribly flawed or just plain don't work but for 50 to 60 bucks it's an awesome variable wattage mod with great battery life.

I saw a review video on Youtube where the reviewer tested the temperature control of the M80, and the cotton wick burst into flames.

ce51595

Dec 3, 2014
des moines, Iowa
I saw a review video on Youtube where the reviewer tested the temperature control of the M80, and the cotton wick burst into flames.
Yeah I saw that. I have one and I won't even try the temp control. I ordered it on a whim before looking at reviews cause most products I have bought from smok in the past have worked fine but it seems they really rushed this product out to compete with other companies with temp control devices. But like I said, for 60 bucks the variable wattage works great and has excellent battery life

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Reactions: Katya

Rustynail17

Oct 4, 2013
Round Rock
If your wanting that hard throat hit ask for 80pg 20vg mix. And w.e nic you use. Other then that id say an istick30 with a cargo tank or a nautilus. Then move to a atlantis or a kanger sub ohm

Also! Keep in mind the lower ohms you go... the harder the nic hits. So say you have a .5 coil and u throw 12 nic in there... its gonna hit like 24

Chris Ewam

Unresolved Status
May 6, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Smac61

Mar 23, 2010
Detroit
I prefer the Mini because it comes with an RBA so you have the option of building your own coil/wick set up. Even if you don't think you will use it right now, it;s still an option down the road. With the Nano, the tank capacity is less and it only accepts the Kanger coils. It still vapes well though, so it depends on what you want.

Also the Nano will be a bit cheaper up front, but will cost more in the end as coils cost a lot more than wire and wick (for the RBA on the Mini). You can also rebuild the stock coils but I prefer the RBA.

Solid advice. I went Mini this time around and have already added an RDA to the mix (Mutation X v3) Haven't tried out the RBA that came with the Mini, but judging from the fun I'm having winding my own coils with the RDA, I'm really glad I have it available. FWIW, I went with an iStick 50 for now as I'm still figuring out if I want more power or temp control in my next box mod.

To the OP: I can't recommend the Subtank Nano / iStick 30 enough. Small, affordable, works. Even though I've moved on to a Subtank Mini / RDA / iStick 50 and see a more serious box mod in my future, the Nano 30 combo is just so totable and the perfect "take with" setup

My fantasies of saving money quitting cigs is just fleeting memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread