Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Former smoker here, and I'm NEVER going back! At least, as long as they don't ban vaperizors. My name is Karen, and I've been a smoker for around 16 years. 14 years if I subtract the times I quit due to pregnancy. Quit for a year for each one, but as my husband smokes, I always went right back to it a few months after birth. Aside from those pregnancies I've never been able to quit smoking, and I could only quit then because the smell of smoke made me sick. My husband tried to quit smoking during both those pregnancies as well and failed. We tried quitting together numerous times. Chantix, gum, patch, cold turkey.... You name it, we tried it and always went back to smoking.

Two week ago, my mother came home after staying with my grandmother during her final days in SC. She died of lung cancer which spread to her brain. My grandmother was a smoker for over 40 years. She spent the last year of her life needing an oxygen tank. The last month of her life she lost more and more of her mind as the cancer grew in her brain. It was an awful thing to watch. She was a sharp woman, and watching her go like that was a terrible experience. My mother became incredibly determined to get my husband and I to quit smoking and came home with a $15 vaporizer express kit from ivape.net, which had a brick and morter store a few blocks from my grandmothers house, and 30 ml of cherry flavored e liquid. As a result, I haven't touched a cigarette since my grandmother's funeral.

It may be because I don't know better at this early stage in the game, but I think this express kit my mother picked up for me is pretty phenominal for the price. It's a 650 mAh variable volt battery (generic) which acts as a passthrough as well, a 2ml clearomizer bottom coil tank, and a USB charger. According to the website, I can replace the bottom coil with Evod coils and I've got a couple heading to me in the mail. After a day of vaping and not smoking cigarettes, I ordered another express kit for my husband. Since his has arrived, he hasn't had a cigarette either. I added another kit for my mother in law, as she's under doctor orders to quit and couldn't. She's still smoking cigarettes, but she's cut her smoking from two packs a day down to half a pack a day, which is more then anything she's ever been able to do. As we're all doing so well with it, I've been trying research what to buy for back ups for everyone and e liquids.

So far, I'm liking the bottom coil. I like that I can buy the coil heads cheaply, and just screw in a new one when needed. I do want to try a lot of different e liquids, so I want to get away from the plastic tank. I'm thinking of going for the Kanger Protank Mini, as it'll work with all the coils I've got coming for our current plastic, generic, clearomizers. I will also need extra batteries for everyone. I like the variable volt battery I'm using, so I've been looking for cheap ones since I've got to buy for three people. My mother in law is pretty helpless on all things internet, so she'll be relying on me to keep her running. To save on shipping costs, I'm looking for a site that has consistently decent e liquid AND reasonably priced equipment. I've found a site for each, but nothing where I can purchase all the parts I'll need and good liquid at decent rates. I want to combine it all in one shipment. Any suggestions?

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Hi Karen,

Welcome to ECF! Congratulations on all of you quitting (or at least drastically reducing)!

With regards to your "starter kit" and not knowing any better, who care? If it works for you, then what more do you need to know? There is a very, very deep rabbit hole you can fall into if you get into the mindset of "what is better or best". The bottom coils are awesome, I use them pretty exclusively, however; there are many folks that like top coils, and they also come in replaceable varieties. Vaping is very personal and it can be very different for each person.

As for a site with cheap prices AND good juice, I can recommend Vape Dojo, however, they are often out of stock on many things because they are cheaper than most places on the net. I can highly recommend their Blueberry Vanilla Tobacco juice ... it's my favorite! If you need something, and it says "Sold Out", try calling them, sometimes they have shipments but no time to update the website because they are busy. It can't hurt to try anyway. Customer service there is fantastic as well, no one's perfect, but if they make a mistake, they go out of their way to correct it. Vapedojo is a great place and I can't say enough about them.

As always though, YMMV, so good luck!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Everywhere seems to be out of the Mini protank starter kits, or I'd start there to get more permanent setups for my husband, my mother in law, and I. I'm only interested in it for the glass, as I don't want to have to be careful in selecting the juice I want to try. If anyone knows of other reasonably priced glass tanks, I'm all ears!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Also, does anyone have experience with the ivape.net generic variable volt batteries? I'm wondering how long they'll last. If it's comparable to other batteries, I may just buy a second express kit for everyone. Most of the variable charge batteries I've been seeing start at around $20, and these kits were only $15 and came with clearomizers and chargers.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
Everywhere seems to be out of the Mini protank starter kits, or I'd start there to get more permanent setups for my husband, my mother in law, and I. I'm only interested in it for the glass, as I don't want to have to be careful in selecting the juice I want to try. If anyone knows of other reasonably priced glass tanks, I'm all ears!

I bought mine locally.. didn't know anything about ecig so I travelled 50 miles to asked questions and they had sampler of different flavors.

Suggest of keep looking. Believe ECF has a list of vendors. Start there. :)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Hi Karen,

Welcome to ECF! Congratulations on all of you quitting (or at least drastically reducing)!

With regards to your "starter kit" and not knowing any better, who care? If it works for you, then what more do you need to know? There is a very, very deep rabbit hole you can fall into if you get into the mindset of "what is better or best". The bottom coils are awesome, I use them pretty exclusively, however; there are many folks that like top coils, and they also come in replaceable varieties. Vaping is very personal and it can be very different for each person.

As for a site with cheap prices AND good juice, I can recommend Vape Dojo, however, they are often out of stock on many things because they are cheaper than most places on the net. I can highly recommend their Blueberry Vanilla Tobacco juice ... it's my favorite! If you need something, and it says "Sold Out", try calling them, sometimes they have shipments but no time to update the website because they are busy. It can't hurt to try anyway. Customer service there is fantastic as well, no one's perfect, but if they make a mistake, they go out of their way to correct it. Vapedojo is a great place and I can't say enough about them.

I'll def check vapedojo out. Thanks! I'm not too concerned with all the big, fancy stuff. Mainly, I want a glass tank so I can try all the different flavors out there and not worry about a tank cracking, and I want decent back up batteries so no one goes running for a pack of cigarettes. The longer I can keep everyone in the house off cigarettes, the better chance I have of staying off cigarettes. I will say though, that since my sense of smell returned the cigarettes my mother in law still smokes is really nasty. I can't believe I smelled like that for 16 years.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
Hi Karen,

Didn't see your post till now.

Vape dojo is where I went for my setup.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Sorry about your grandmother. :(

Those iVape kits (they're local to me) rock. I gave some away for presents and one person quit right away, and one cut waaaay down on the smokes. I get new vapers the iVape Serendipity liquid. Really good fruity e-liquid and everyone so far has loved it. I haven't had an issue with any of their products.

Congrats on quitting and taking the time for other to quit! It's a game changer. :)

garcia1996

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
NJ
Congratulations on quitting analogs!
I know what it's like to lose someone because of smoking. Younger generations don't realize what it was like back in the day where people really didn't know how bad it was for them.
Anyone is always "able" to quit. It's just a matter of deciding to do it.
I've been through a lot of cheap plastic tanks. I'll never do plastic again. They all leaked eventually.
I've had the ProTank 2 for a few weeks and it works great!
As far as your mod goes, power equals performance and better vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread