New to vaping, question about authentic aw batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisonbrah

Nov 10, 2014
tn
Hey everyone, Im brand new to the forum and also new to vaping. I started about a week ago with a kanger evod 1000 mah twist bat and a kanger t2 tank. In this short amount of time it has gotten me off cigs and I decided I want to vape permanently. I purchased a itaste vtr and 2 iclear30s tanks and that should be a nice upgrade from where I started.

I purchased a nitecore i2 charger and 2 AW 18650 bats from ebay. I checked the guys feedback and out of 1000 everyone was happy with what they got, which is mostly batteries and chargers. After receiving my bats in the mail I was checkin around youtube for battery safety and I seen something to look for on fake bats is a solid recycle logo which mine has. before I go tryin to get refunded or make a fuss about something id rather find out for sure if its fake because in all honesty they look good.

While im here and have people willing to help me out I might as well ask. since I have 2 bats when they are off the charger their is only 1 on my vtr at a time. where and what should I be doing with my charged bats ? Should I just sit them on in my desk? in it? in a bag? I have no idea how to store these things in the safest matter possible. Any help would be great! Thanks! 20141110_161628.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
You can buy dedicated plastic battery holders like this:

DSC_0090__13446.1403221051.195.127.JPG

Personally, I like plastic tubes with caps that are sold in the travel section of The Container Store. They come in different sizes and are perfect for storing different kinds of vaping supplies. Here's a picture of a smaller size that I use for 18350s but they have a taller size that works well for 18500s and 18650s:

20808411-C9FE-4D69-BB86-304DFC98780C_zpsgr7yz6j0.jpg

I put freshly charged batteries with the positive side up and drained batteries with the positive side down so I know which ones are fresh and which ones need to be recharged. Whatever you do, I would suggest that you find some kind of plastic case to store all of your batteries (throwing a naked battery in a pocket full of keys and loose change is a horrible and unsafe idea).

You also want to try to cycle through your batteries. I have a little container that I use to store my batteries. I can't find a good picture of it, but it's something like this (I took off and threw away the top so an individual battery stands up in a little square):

AcrylicHingedLidBoxes_x.jpg

I keep all of my freshly charged batteries in a queue and when I need one I take one from the front of the queue and when I recharge one I put it at the end of the queue. This way, I'm making an attempt to cycle through them evenly.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
The only place where I buy AW batteries is AW Batteries

The genuine ones have a hollow recycle logo - plus your hologram looks flat to me compared to mine.

Also that font doesn't look exactly right on the battery. I dunno, it's really hard to tell if they are fake or not - all I can say is just don't buy batteries on Ebay. Pay an extra buck or two and get them from a reputable dealer.

If I was forced to pick a side I would say that unfortunately your batteries are NOT authentic. That exact battery is being sold at RTD Vapor and an older batch (which looks different) is available from provape. Both are guaranteed to be authentic by the manufacturer of AW themselves. HOWEVER, do yourself one better and go to Lighthound and buy a pair of their AW 2200 mah batteries which provide 20 amps continuous instead of 10 amps continuous - not to mention the extra battery length. You don't need the extra amps with the VTR but having them for future upgrades is always a good idea. Also the higher amp limit means you are not straining the battery as much. Crazily enough they just got them back in stock today and they are on sale for $11.50. Use coupon code "ecf" for an extra 5% off. As far as storing goes just make sure you keep them away from heat and as Firestorm suggested those plastic battery cases are great. Usually $1.50 from most places. The battery themselves will lose its charge over time when just sitting but in small increments and relatively slowly. An authentic AW will retain its charge longer than a fake. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread