new toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcityman

Jan 4, 2013
st louis
I hope i have the right forum..
vaping is like a hobby on top of a habit.
Started with v2s
Currently using the Diablo falcon- just dripping with atties. they have some tips with filler that i think are supposed to drip to the atty but i think they taste like crap.

I am really wanting a hand held box mod with a tank. I have a few questions though. This type of tank does not require a carto correct?

This box mod isnt spendy, looks a like plasticy but still an entry level price and i saw a thread "review" on this thing as very dead on with its voltage, power etc. as a beast.

How difficult is it to get used to tanks, cleaning, rebuilding, setting voltage to match the ohm's etc.?

Heres what i am looking at:
SmokTek "SmokBox VariCool" - Custom Variable Volt Box Mod - Efficient switching regulator! adjustable 3,4,5,6.5 volt's & everything between.

SmokTech R-Tank Rebuildable Atomizer/Tank

Cartomizer/Atomizer Cleaning Kit - With 10ml Control Syringe, Luer-lock compatible w/cleaning tubes and instructions

Cartomizer/Atomizer Cleaning Kit - With 10ml Control Syringe, Luer-lock compatible w/cleaning tubes and instructions

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

I love this forum

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Vaping has become a hobby for me as well! :toast:
I will be receiving a Valley view vapes pyrex tank in a couple of days..it will be my first carto tank.
I usually use cartos..I use to clean them but they are so reasonably priced I just refill them until they start getting funky and then I just chuck them. I can get a bunch of refills out of them.
I have never used an atomizer..I vape too much for one of those, lol.
Just out of curiousity, have you ever tried the Kanger horizontal coils?

Also, have you seen the Innokin iTaste MVP?

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I really like the form factor of box mids, and have heard good things about the VariCool. I have a MV 3.7 box mod, a 3.7 Gripper and the VV Gripper. You might consider that last one...the VV Gripper. I really like mine. People have complained about the battery door seeming to be "flimsy" but I haven't had any problems and figure with a little care (don't be flinging the thing against a wall) it is going to hold up as well as any non-metal device. It's quite reasonably priced. Just a thought. Anyway..I've been happy with the box style mods. Easy to hold and use.

I use carto tanks so can't help with that rebuildable thing. I dont like that sort of system.

jetcityman

Jan 4, 2013
st louis
thanks for the feed back fellow vapeheads.
i havent tried the kanger horizontal coils. where do you get them?

i have seen the Itaste. very cool box. my thoughts with that are similiar to those of my cell phone. if its a digital device with bells and whistles it needs maximum build and protection for me or else i break it!
As for the rubuildable atomizer tank, i hope i dont regret it and wish i just got a carto tank. it will be a little experiment for me.
i wish i would have known about this site before i even got started vaping as i am ordering my third device in a month! yikes.. guess im impulsive like that.

Happy vaping!

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
thanks for the feed back fellow vapeheads.
i havent tried the kanger horizontal coils. where do you get them?

i have seen the Itaste. very cool box. my thoughts with that are similiar to those of my cell phone. if its a digital device with bells and whistles it needs maximum build and protection for me or else i break it!
As for the rubuildable atomizer tank, i hope i dont regret it and wish i just got a carto tank. it will be a little experiment for me.
i wish i would have known about this site before i even got started vaping as i am ordering my third device in a month! yikes.. guess im impulsive like that.

Happy vaping!

Here is a link for the kanger HC cartos
Kanger 510 Stainless Steel Horizontal Coil Cartomizers

They also come in black too.

Oh, and insofar as being impulsive-don't sweat it, lol
The way i see it, life is uncertain.
Eat dessert first, lol

Last edited:

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
Rba's are not that bad. The first few times you do it they will be tricky. You have to have an ohm meter to check the resistance of your new coil and check for shorts. Glass tanks will improve flavor over plastic ones. I own a Vision et which you can drip or it hold up to 40 drops which is rebuild-able and a tank carto set up from Ibtanked which I love. You can use this ohm law calculator to figure everything out. Ohm's Law Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread