newbie here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
Hi ya every1...

Im a newbie to this forum and so very glad to have found all of you..

Ive been smoking for 32 years and because of copd ive had to quit, but i didnt have luck with nicotine gum, patches, or pills..

BUT...I tried the ecig last week, a family member let me try puffs on his and i got hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i bought a ecig, its called nova smoke? tho im still learning to pull on my ecig to get that good vapor effect..

I also ordered another ecig kit thru amazon, tho i dont know the makers of it? lol

ive been reading these forums, learning about vaping, ejuice, bats, etc..

you all rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta, i notice these tiny pin holes in my ecig and it sounds like air escaping when i pull on ecig? its harder for me to pull because of my copd, so ive been putting my fingers around these tiny pinholes, etc..

i wish i could get more vapor, but its learning in progress lol

i have ordered some ejuice online, and have read where i can refill my cart about 5 times b4 i have to toss it?

anyways, just saying hi to every1...

aka the good witch!

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
if you are using a cartomizer, such as a kr808-d, you can refill way more than that. The secret is to NOT let it dry out. When flavor wanes, add juice.
Congrats to you. I smoked for 46 years and was able to quit using ecigs. Truly a miracle for me and many others.
Good luck to you and be patient. There is plenty of help here!!

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Congratulations and Welcome Aboard!

I'm only guessing that you own one of the 2-part e-cigs which consists of a battery (probably automatic) and a cartomizer which is a cartridge and atomizer in one.

I started out with that type, a KR808D-1 and the this is the method I used to get the best vape.

1. If your battery is automatic (it turns on automatically when you vape) then it has an automatic cutoff time when the LED starts to flash and no more power is sent to the cartomizer, therefore no more vapor production.

2. If you look very close at your battery, you'll see a couple of tiny holes and the cartomizer probably has 4 slots (yours may be different). When you put the two together, do so snuggly but not super tight. Then unscrew slightly while looking at those slots/holes and try to line them up with each other, but make sure the battery is still snuggly attached. This will give you a better air flow - hence a better vape.

3. Whenever you vape, only vape lightly - just enough to turn on the LED and no harder. With the e-cig to your lips, take a 2-second vape - stop for just a second - then continue lightly with about a 4-5 second vape into your mouth - stop and your vape is done. Inhale slowly and enjoy.

Everyone has their own method/technique. I have since purchased and use a Joye 510 and have found what I call "vaping heaven".

Best of Luck and keep trying different things and you'll be vaping perfectly in no time!

:thumb:

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
I didn't know Amazon sold e-cigs. Huh?

i wish i could get more vapor, but its learning in progress lol

Take a short puff or two before you inhale - that will heat the atomiser up first and then inhale normally. This will give you more vapour. I don't know which model you have - I have a DSE801 type and sometimes when I think I'm out of vapour I puff OUT on the cartridge a couple times to free up the filling in it. This also gets some liquid onto the atomiser (similar to "dripping").

i have ordered some ejuice online, and have read where i can refill my cart about 5 times b4 i have to toss it?

I rinse out my carts in hot water when they start looking brown and can easily re-use them. You can buy filling from some suppliers as well to refill them with.

Last edited:

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I am learning so much about ecigs, again, thank u 1 and all for the fab advice

I puffed my ecig while krogering 2day lol

1 of the shoppers gave me a side ways look , but i didnt give a frig lol
what really blew the shoppers mind was when i put the ecig in my pocket lol

eta, my hubby gives me tons more kisses now that i dont have smokers breath lol whohoooooooooooooooooooo

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Welcome, Ima. I too have COPD and the ecig has helped me a lot......much better lung function than before. Hang in there and find the perfect ecig for you, and we're here to help.

I think my pulm doc will be happy with me smoking ecig..
he gave me chantix in the past and that didnt help, it just gave me bad dreams?

I luv my ecig, tho im not sure what kind it is? just 3 parts, the bat, the filter, the attomizer (sp?)
i dont get much vapor, just lil bit, so trying to figure it out?

on the box when i bought it was nova smoke? but cant find anything on the web for that company?

however, i ordered another ecig kit via amazon, well found it on amazon tho it linked to this company?

(electric cigarette mart)

Im hoping this one comes with manual etc, as the 1 i bought at puff n stuff didnt come with anything? i also think its defective some how? i got ripped on the 1st kit i just know it...

eta, has anyone heard of nova smoke?

and i ordered several e liquid from jhonson creek i think it is?

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread