Newbie just arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Yeah wow thanks. I was thinking of switching to a rda. But wasn't too sure. Apparently they don't play too nice with the 30W iStick but a 100W iStick should work perfectly :)

Thanks lol interestingly I wanted the kangertech sub box mini but they were out of batteries so I went for the eleaf :)

Oh they play nice

c2cb8b3aaad264cdb7cc86dc4aee135e.jpg

Reactions: SteveF90

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Ooooooooo. Would it be possible to have a .5ohm build on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried building my RTA down as low as .5, but I think that was too low. I don't know if one would consider 0.8 to be subohm, but I found that to work better within the iStick's wattage range. Usually I build about 1.1, and run it around 13-15 watts.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Thanks, @GoBlue88! I recently got an RBA (mostly on a whim while it was on sale), and built it the same, except 26 gauge, 1.3. I wasn't sure if others built RBAs that weren't subohm.

Nice! Yeah it seems like the tendency for people who build is to build real low, but you certainly don't have to.

I'm planning on setting up an RDA to subohm at high wattage, but it'll stay at home and mostly be for occasional use. For everyday use im happy at 20 watts and not subohming.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
Really? That's odd because my iStick with my subtank mini reads at .7ohms where the coil in the tank is .5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm you'll probably need someone more knowledgable than me to help you with that discrepancy. Could be gunk buildup on the coil? I really don't know just shooting from the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread