Status
Not open for further replies.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Well thanks for the help. Smoke 51 won't refund me they only exchange products. The batteries seem to be working ok now, maybe I was just expecting them to last longer. I have the smoke 51 duo and I thought batteries would last a day. I guess I will browse this site for better options in the near future. What do you guys recommend? I am trying to save some money by not smoking real cigarettes, but still being satisfied.
One of my biggest complaints about the forum is that people immediately assault new users for buying the "wrong" brand of e cig. I've bought nearly everything in the year and a half since I started vaping, and there are good and bad points to all e cigs. Lots of people love the Smoke 51. Enjoy it, and enjoy the warranty since many e cigs have none. You can buy replacement batteries and cartomizers more cheaply at many sites since the Smoke 51 is compatible with other brand names. If I were you, I would buy a couple of extra batteries and keep two charging at all times. Problems solved. I have a couple of these batteries, and I like them a lot. Don't run out and buy another new model. Enjoy the one you have for awhile. Here is one place to buy cheaper batteries and cartomizers, and remember there is no perfect e cig. Work with your investment.

LeCig Electronic Cigarette Store - Cartomizers
LeCig Electronic Cigarette Store - D1 Replacement Battery ( 808D-1 )

mt400

May 15, 2010
OR
Just got some new carts in the mail from a member here and I am not feeling satisfied, I have smoked regular cigarettes today. I am using 16mg which is more than the 12 mg I started with. I did well with it the first week using the carts I bought from the store. I only smoked like 10 regular cigs all week. Also I am getting a little irritating feeling when I exhale the vapor. Is this just the smoke 51 or did I get some bad carts?

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Just got some new carts in the mail from a member here and I am not feeling satisfied, I have smoked regular cigarettes today. I am using 16mg which is more than the 12 mg I started with. I did well with it the first week using the carts I bought from the store. I only smoked like 10 regular cigs all week. Also I am getting a little irritating feeling when I exhale the vapor. Is this just the smoke 51 or did I get some bad carts?

I started with 12 (i think) mg smoke 51. I thought I was satisfied because that is what they told me to use. I wondered why I still wanted to smoke. Or vape like a baby with a pacifier, sometimes both. I figured out after trial and error that 8mg was way to little to keep me from smoking. I went up in mg until I didn't want to smoke any more.
What you could try to do if you have the funds is buy a higher like 36 mg juice and a doubler (0mg) in the same flavor. Mix small amounts to different strengths. There is a juice calculator somewhere around here that yu can use. Or just do the math. 36mg and 0mg half an half make 16 mg etc. I find that I can start off in the am with 36mg straight to get me going. Then I lower the mg through the day to about an average of 12. Sometimes I can even go hours with 0mg. If I feel like I really want to smoke I will pop on a 36 mg carto. It isnt hard to refill the cartos on your own and is less expensive than buying new cartos all the time.
There are also other chemicals in cigs that you could be craving, I have read that they add maoi's into cigs to make us feel better . Maybe this is what you crave.

If you haven't been vaping long you may get a sore throat or raspy. Drink a lot more water.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
What I started out with. I bought extra cartridges when I made my first purchase. The reason I bought it was I was about to take a trip and what I ordered online hadn’t arrived yet.
It wasn’t all that bad a unit but was expensive and the cartridges that came with it, couldn’t be reloaded (tried, the outside got real yulky).
After I used all the cartridges, I put it away and didn’t get it out again until I gave it away. If it wasn’t so expensive, it would make a great unit to start out with because it’s pretty much trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread