next step

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0stm4n

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2012
el paso, TX
hello, ive been here before asking questions before when i was thinking of getting an ecig and quitting smoking.
thanks to everyone in the forums i can proudly say i've been cigarette free for 9 months.

now i feel like taking another stop forward, like rebuilding my own coils for the protank i recently got, as well as for my vivi nova.
i have only an ego twist battery, and while it is supposed to have short circuit protection i've heard its not trust worthy. so , i was thinking of getting a vamo, i have only 100 usd to work with and i thought that i again could ask you guys for some input and info etc.

id like to know how dependable the vamo is, does the short circuit protection work properly?
i plan on maybe doing genesis style later on when i get the money, but for now i only have my viv and protank.
is the vamo the best option for me? or does somebody here have other products to recommend?
how does the vamo work with the 18350's?
where might be the best place to buy the vamo v2 and/or batteries?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Vamo would be a good upgrade from the twist. The twist only has a weaker 2.5 amp switch whereas the Vamo has a robust 5 amp switch which means you won't be limited as to what you can put on it like you do with the twist. The Vamo is variable watt which is a definite advantage. And the protection circuit on the Vamo works fine from my experience and have read no reports to the contrary here on ECF.

l0stm4n

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2012
el paso, TX
personally i dont have a vamo but ive heard great things about them the only thing is how rough are you on your pvs? I heard questions on durability but if you baby your things like me it should be a great upgrade for you.

i dont think im rough with my devices and i dont baby them either, just put on a tank and carry on my pocket. tho for teh vamo i was thinking of using an old knife or flashlight sheath to carry around.

what exactly are the problems i could encounter with a vamo as far as durability go?

Last edited:

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
ive been looking and i read the "vamo owners" thread. still have some questions.
also, i might go for the telescopic zmax instead, as the vamos seem to have problems with the finish.
the zmax does do vv and vw, ohm checking etc. just like the vamo right?
anyone know a good deal for the telescopic zmax?

Sigelei Telescoping ZMax V3 Flat-Top
- ElectronicStix
- $74.95 Kit

Check out this thread for more info ...
- "Sigelei zmax v3 telescopic flat top?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread