No More NJOY, Forced to change over, now running NLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I'm not sure what to post, so here's my story...
I started with the njoy Pro. It was high priced & only sold at a truck stop 30mi out. I had about 100 in the set-up. Used for 2months. Still had cravings. I did smoke 1.5 packs a day, ther njoy took it down to 10 a day. :( They quit selling as NJOY is going under, so I stopped that use & the NJOY is not adaptable with any other kit I found. NJOY also cost about $4 a tip, non-refillable

I did try a disposable, Smokers 1st Choice. They worked very well & I sold some on amtrak for quite a profit. :2cool: But they come from china & will bring a cough after a few days of use. * Still have cravings.

With NJOY out, I looked & looked for a replacement. I bought a very affordable NLA set-up at the local smoke shop. 15 bucks get u 1 batt, 1 refillable tip & a usb charger. The e-liquid is only 7 bucks, the refill tips, 3 for 7 bucks. So I'm set for a month.

I MUST SAY...
Only a few days on the NLA, but a SEVERE drop in cravings, only wanting 5 smokes a day. Also, the NLA has a much larger vent hole then the others I listed. So it hits much like a cancer stick without all the "work" required to get a drag off the others. I'm in college, in Ohio & have tried to quit for 15 yrs. Least if I cant quit, this is a great way to get my nic on.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1. KR808D-1 manual

If you like cartomizers, try manual KR808D-1 from LiteCigUSA.net, Vapor4Life.com, or SmokelessImage Volt. Get manual - easier to get a good hit, much less likely to be damaged or killed by carto leaks. It should have a bit more hit than Rn4081 though (Njoy Npro) since KR808D-1 is a real 3.7v slim mini. I recommend the manual standard (280mah) batteries. You can find prefilled cartos at Vapor4Life, Smokeless Image, Bloogplanet. I use the blanks from Vapor4Life and Madvapes (the 2.5ohm stuffing ones) w/ thin clear juices (20% VG or less light color juices). My fave Vapor4Life flavors are WOWbacco (cocoa tobacco) and WOW Vanilla (sweet marshmallowy vanilla), both of which have a very sharp edge to their hit. I also enjoy the sweet Chinese juice Dekang PG RY4 (caramel vanilla tobacco)

On the manual batteries, for testing juices you should be able to use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip.

(I use the same 510/901/KR808D-1 plastic and delrin drip tips I get at LiteCigUSA.net as comfortable mouthpieces on the KR808D-1 cartomizers - easier to remove to add juice as needed)

KR808D-1 is the most popular and most well supported 2-piece slim mini. There are a varierty of more exotic blank carto types available for it like reservoir cartos (including clear ones), jumbo cartos, etc. I recommend starting wi the normal stuffing cartos since they don't need a syringe or tinkering.

2. Joye 510 or 510 mega xl manual

The other most popular slim option would be Joye 510 manual (180mah so short battery life) or the Joye 510 mega xl (280mah and a bit longer than the 280mah KR808D-1) - these are good with blank Boge standard resistance cartomizer. There a few prefilled cartos for this setup since 510 is a 3-piece as-sold - you can find some Chinese juice prefilled Boge cartos at VaporKings.com. You must use the standard resistance cartos on the slim 510 batteries. I use Boge standard resistance blank cartos on these.

3. Joye Ego or Riva 510

To use the hotter LR atomizers and cartomizers look at a fat battery model instead (Liberty-Flights.com - press the 20% off upper left front pagethen look at Ego and at its popular clone Riva 510 - these have VERY long lasting batteries of 650 to 750mah in those kits and up to 1300mah batteries are sold for these models. That a lot of hours even with LR attys/cartos which easy charge up 50% faster.

Last edited:

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Welcome paulsonlaw. I started out with an Njoy Npro.....I hadn't heard they were going under. The Npro is known as a 4081 model ecig and there is a forum here on ECF if you want to explore buying parts for it.
RN 4081 *Super Mini*

I found the cigarette sized ecigs had very short battery life and required way too much time charging the batteries. If you enjoy using a ecig, you may want to consider a model with longer battery life and explore some different flavored eliquids.

You can also choose the strength of your eliquid...maybe a higher mg would help you totally kick the cigarettes.

Good luck!

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
This NLA is not bad, I do like it compared to the other 2. My first tip ran out, I put 2 drops in the tip as stated. Let it sit upright for 10 minutes. Then I hit it 2 times and nothing??? Very confused. The NLA is the type where you put the drops down the hole on the threaded end.
Anyone have any input on this refill matter?

Also, it is hard to find a good case. My gf cut off the end of an old black shirt. She trimmed it down so the "tube" you have left is 3" long. She sewed one end & added an long elastic string. So now I have a carry pouch that hold the ecigg just perfect and hangs like a necklace. Looks good & very practical. Just incase someone is interested it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread