No resistor or regulator 5V box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewk302

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
nh
Great that it works for you. I am building a 2x 18650 batt box and wanted 6v. I did go to rat shack and bought some of the diodes you are using. My 18650's in series at full charge hit 7.9-8v, I installed 3 diodes in series and it only dropped to 7v for me. I would need 1-2 more they are bigger than they look so its prob not gonna work for me. But great idea, and great job on yours!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Great that it works for you. I am building a 2x 18650 batt box and wanted 6v. I did go to rat shack and bought some of the diodes you are using. My 18650's in series at full charge hit 7.9-8v, I installed 3 diodes in series and it only dropped to 7v for me. I would need 1-2 more they are bigger than they look so its prob not gonna work for me. But great idea, and great job on yours!
Doesn't sound right. Make sure you got the polarity right and do a loaded voltage test with an atty.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Nobody knows?
I'm thinking that the power wasted would be:
"voltage drop" x "current flow"
but i'm not sure.

It for sure is using some watts when vaping to drop the voltage, Shouldnt be draining the batteries while the pv is off , as long as it is wired right. What i would do to figure out how much power/watts is being used by the diodes is measure voltage and amps before the diodes under load. Them measure the voltage and amps after the diodes under load. Convert both of them to watts then Subtract the second number from the first and you will have how many watts/power the diodes are consuming. Might be a easier way but just off the top of my head that would work and be pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread