Noisy Cricket II - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CumulusCreator

Sep 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have searched endlessly for more definitive information on the product and can't find anyone who have explicably stated the lowest ohm build the circuit board allows you to build.

I am asking for product information in general... so,

What is the lowest ohms the noisy cricket II allows you to build before disabling the firing button in unregulated series mode and unregulated parallel mode?

Lastly, if you own this mod, what are your thoughts? How do you like it? In unregulated series mode does it deliver a true 8.4 volts (minus battery sag etc) How does it compare to the original noisy cricket?

Disclaimer: I understand battery safety and ohms law, part of the allure of a mechanical device or a mechanical like device is the ability to be smart enough to be your own safety feature (in other words well versed and knowledgable). I put an order in for the V2 based on GrimmGreens video prior to realizing it has a built in circuit board that overrides things and the box is not disassembly friendly. Whats done is done. I am a bit of a skeptic, mech mods just work, period, but technically this isn't a mechanical device....what is your experience with this?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't (wouldn't) have one, and Wismec's website doesn't say anything about coil resistance. It is alleged to have "short circuit protection," whatever that might mean. This indicates there must be some resistance value below which it "thinks" it has a short circuit and will not fire. I have no idea what that might be. OTOH, it can be calculated from the battery safety point of view. Assuming LG HB (30A) series batteries and direct series mode, you'd have 30A at 8.4V available (ignoring copper losses). That calculates to a low resistance of .28Ω. Personally, I don't like to go right up to the edge like that, but it's up to you.

CumulusCreator

Sep 3, 2017
I don't (wouldn't) have one, and Wismec's website doesn't say anything about coil resistance. It is alleged to have "short circuit protection," whatever that might mean. This indicates there must be some resistance value below which it "thinks" it has a short circuit and will not fire. I have no idea what that might be. OTOH, it can be calculated from the battery safety point of view. Assuming LG HB (30A) series batteries and direct series mode, you'd have 30A at 8.4V available (ignoring copper losses). That calculates to a low resistance of .28Ω. Personally, I don't like to go right up to the edge like that, but it's up to you.

Ive watched a few videos on youtube for the noisy cricket II and to show off the protection they screw on an atty with .15 ohm coils and it will not fire it...they never go into how low it will fire though. Nor does wismec on their website which I find a bit odd.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ive watched a few videos on youtube for the noisy cricket II and to show off the protection they screw on an atty with .15 ohm coils and it will not fire it...they never go into how low it will fire though. Nor does wismec on their website which I find a bit odd.
Me too. But heck, that's China.

hariboholmes

Jul 10, 2017
I don't know how low it lets you build in unregulated series or parallel but it is a great mod.

I loved the original cricket but it did make me nervous the 2 hits just as hard in unregulated series and the onboard safety makes me feel more comfortable.

As a bonus the regulated series lets you fire builds too low for full series but too high for parallel.

I have both the 22 and 25 version and prefer the 22 as it's lovely and slim.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

CumulusCreator

Sep 3, 2017
I don't know how low it lets you build in unregulated series or parallel but it is a great mod.

I loved the original cricket but it did make me nervous the 2 hits just as hard in unregulated series and the onboard safety makes me feel more comfortable.

As a bonus the regulated series lets you fire builds too low for full series but too high for parallel.

I have both the 22 and 25 version and prefer the 22 as it's lovely and slim.

Hey,

Just curious do you also own the original?
I decided to go ahead and put an order in for that too because heaven gifts has 30% off on it. It was about 16 dollars which is a no brainer! What are your thoughts on the original? (I spend too much money on this stuff, its become an obsession) lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Series regulated 0.2 ohms
Series unregulated 0.1 ohms (highly unrecommended)
parallel unregulated 0.1 ohms

Series unregulated at 0.1 ohms is 84 amps and over 700 watts. I had to rewind the video several times to make sure what I was hearing. If you tried to do this even with a pair of true 30 amp batteries I guarantee they would go bang. Stay safe, stay above 0.5 in unregulated series mode (30 amps 180w).

I use mine every day and really like it. I use mine regulated voltage mode.

From the horses mouth

Last edited:

hariboholmes

Jul 10, 2017
Hey,

Just curious do you also own the original?
I decided to go ahead and put an order in for that too because heaven gifts has 30% off on it. It was about 16 dollars which is a no brainer! What are your thoughts on the original? (I spend too much money on this stuff, its become an obsession) lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I did have the original and I did enjoy using it as its powerful with a great compact form factor.

However its a duel series mod with a hybrid connector and a questionable button. I was always worried it would get stuck firing and I'd be unable to remove the atty before it exploded into a ball of white hot lithium lol.

I think as long as your very very careful and keep it well maintained with the correct RDA for the hybrid connection (I used an indestructible RDA and a Goon 22) it can be a lot of fun just don't keep it in your pocket.

The Cricket 2 is far safer and just as rowdy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread