Non-metal mechanical mods, do they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arel3

Sep 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Oh, I forgot the E-LVT!

E LVT - SweetSpotVapor

Shock-proof, water-resistant manly mod! Rugged rubber case.

That's pretty awesome! I've been looking at box mods recently, considering getting one. I've been using a mechanical mod, and only have one. I'm trying not to spend thousands of dollars on this vaping thing as it seems a lot of people do. If they made E LVT in black it would definitely be the one I got! Thanks for sharing!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's pretty awesome! I've been looking at box mods recently, considering getting one. I've been using a mechanical mod, and only have one. I'm trying not to spend thousands of dollars on this vaping thing as it seems a lot of people do. If they made E LVT in black it would definitely be the one I got! Thanks for sharing!

All black? I'm not sure. But it looks like a fun mod.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I was going to suggest Tandy leather. Or check Hobby Lobby: they usually have leather remnants

Your best bet is to cut the leather to fit (maybe a bit smaller), use an awl to poke the holes for stitches, and sew it up. Bingo! Leather covered metal mod

For drip tips, there's all KINDS available. I usually prefer steel, but keep a delrin tip handy for when I'm riding (60* + 70mph= bit chilly)

Arel3

Sep 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
I bit the bullet and bought an IPV3. Due to my knowledge of electronics modules...while I'm happy because I can vape now and I'm vaping way more than smoking analogs since I have it...I don't like the chip in it. Regulated vaping definitely has it's benefits! But there's nothing on the market (yet?) that's as fully versatile as they can be. Perhaps they will change that with time? They better hurry up, or I might beat them to building a pocket-able variable voltage and wattage mod that's as versatile as they can be. What do I mean? I mean I'm well aware these module chips in regulated mods can be made so they go from the minimum voltage, wattage, and amperage to the maximum voltage, wattage, and amperage the battery (or batteries) powering them is capable of. They can also be designed in a way that isn't an inconvenience to carry, and way more comfortable to hold in your hands.

Depending upon how quickly I can gather the funds together to get the things I need to do it...
I've definitely gained a new hobby. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread