Noob here, joye510 atty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FcNo

Jan 13, 2010
Maryland
Hey guys, Ive got a quick question.
I just got my 510 today from cignot.com and everything was going well. I finally broke in the first atty and did the wick removal mod (removing just the threads). Everything was doing fine, massive vapor production, until i tried the RY4 eliquid. I did a direct drip in the atty (2dropish) and refilled the cart. RY4 tasted AWFUL and gave me a headache, so I removed the cart poly stuff, squeezed out the juice and refilled it with the menthol juice i got. I also re applied 2 direct drips into the atty and started to try vaping..

Now the thing wont vape, but it gets hot. I removed the cart and pressed the buttion to see whats going on in the atty and it got red...so i figured the thing is still working i guess.... I then kept puffin, but no vape....

So ,I believe i drowned the thing in ejuice and i rinsed it with rubbing alcohol then with hot water....is that alright? how long should i let it dry? can i blow dry it so i can test it out sooner?

Hopefully i can revive the atty cuz i dont wanna start using the other one also.... thank you guys in advance!

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
I just dripped alcohol through one then rinsed it with distilled water. Blew it out onto a paper towel, reprimed with juice and it is vaping like a champ. All in about 30 minutes.

I would let it dry at least overnight but be sure to blow it out. you say you removed the threads from your atty, this is generally what wicks the liquid down to the coils, this method is generally used if you are going to drip and not using cart filling. That means dripping a few drops and re dripping when vapor is gone.

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
There's a thread on here somewhere that I was reading earlier this week that say after many many tests conducted the best way to clean attys is with Crest Pro Health Blue mouthwash.

According to others it works extremely well. Sounds strange but the fellow who did the test tried a full array of different fluids.

I will see if I can find it....

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
There's a thread on here somewhere that I was reading earlier this week that say after many many tests conducted the best way to clean attys is with Crest Pro Health Blue mouthwash.

According to others it works extremely well. Sounds strange but the fellow who did the test tried a full array of different fluids.

Everyone has their own best way of cleaning attys. Some say boil and oven dry. Crest Mouthwash is simply flavored alcohol base

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
I've had poor results with both cleaning and atty modification, like removing the nylon/fiberglass/whatever-it-is threads from beneath the mesh bridge. Removing the threads screwed everything up, much like the OP describes. You can read more about the threads here and other places throughout the forum.
My best results have come from simply blowing out the atty from the threaded end (that screws into the battery). While I'm too lazy to have tried this yet, and I don't like the idea of wasting any fluid as long as long as it tastes good, I don't know whether this is true, but I suspect blowing out the atty may function as a preventative measure--like how some people use a particular cleaning process every so often.
Try blowing out the atty often and see what happens. I don't believe the flame ......ant threads are the issue, even though I had originally come to that conclusion.

conrad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Warrenton,VA,USA
Everyone has their own best way of cleaning attys. Some say boil and oven dry. Crest Mouthwash is simply flavored alcohol base

crest is alcohol free
when you blow out atty you need to blow through cart side plug center hole at bottom of threads blow then try and put fingers over the two side vents at top of threads and blow out center hole this works for me plus I clean them out once a week just me
I flood mine all the time when trying to drip & drive

Wanted to see how many other people have successfully removed the threads in the atty. I purchased a 510 set early last week, delivered Wednesday and have been vaping since (only 1 analog). I found that ofcourse it takes a bit of time to learn how to smoke the pv. I got the burn smell, I couldn't figure out what it was. I blew out the atty and then took a look to see if there was any fibers from the cart that might have stuck to the metal bridge, nothing stuck, but there were white fibers hiding under the bridge. Took the tweezers/toothpick, removed some 10 strands (half of which were burnt), 2 drips on the atty, 2 drips in the cartridge, fully charged battery and it pulled like no tomorrow. No more burn smell, no problems with either direct drip to atty or with cart juice transfer. I have been trying to get my wife to join me (she can't give up the analogs) and she has been trying it. I pulled from hers last night and all i got was that burnt taste again. Opened it up, pulled the thread...NICE.
What damage does this do? If any? Do most just drip on the atty? I have found it better to either drip on the atty or just 3-4 in the cart.
Sorry for the long post.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco

Yup dont know why or if other MW works as good tryed the crest pro from here, makes my attys perform like new , no need to try anything else for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread