noob looking for some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwitch

Jan 6, 2012
minnesota
hi, im a noob to this forum. just got my joye ego, and i love it. Ive been smoking analogs for all most 45 years now, and im sick of the weazing ive been getting, and that nasty smell. Tomorrow im smoking my last pack of butts and hope to never buy another pack ever. I love this forum, it has answered a lot of questions for me and i need to learn alot more, but at least i know im not alone in trying to quit this nasty habit.

One question i do have is, I went online to buy some prefilled cartriges for my ego, and i think i got the wrong ones, I ordered 510 prefilled cartriges, by mistake , insted of the ones that came with my ego kit. the 510's screw on insted of push on and my cone doesnt fit over them, can i still use these 510 cartriges on my ego? Now for some stupid questions, what do you call the ones you push on? and do the prefilled ego tips come in flavors or just tabacco flavor? Where can i get cheap ones seeing i think i just wasted 18.00 on ones i think cant use.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
The prefilled cartriges are used with atomizers. You can fill cartriges many times with whatever liquid you like. That being said, very few people still use cartriges. Cartomizers are far more popular.

hi, im a noob to this forum. just got my joye ego, and i love it. Ive been smoking analogs for all most 45 years now, and im sick of the weazing ive been getting, and that nasty smell. Tomorrow im smoking my last pack of butts and hope to never buy another pack ever. I love this forum, it has answered a lot of questions for me and i need to learn alot more, but at least i know im not alone in trying to quit this nasty habit.

One question i do have is, I went online to buy some prefilled cartriges for my ego, and i think i got the wrong ones, I ordered 510 prefilled cartriges, by mistake , insted of the ones that came with my ego kit. the 510's screw on insted of push on and my cone doesnt fit over them, can i still use these 510 cartriges on my ego? Now for some stupid questions, what do you call the ones you push on? and do the prefilled ego tips come in flavors or just tabacco flavor? Where can i get cheap ones seeing i think i just wasted 18.00 on ones i think cant use.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The eGo and the 510 have the same threads.

I am gathering that you were looking for prefilled cartridges for your atomizer and instead purchased prefilled cartomizers?

I've never seen prefilled cartridges for the 510/eGo, but have seen prefilled cartomizers, so that is why I am guessing that is the case.

Atomizer, aka: atty, plus a cartridge is approximately equal to a cartomizer, aka: carto, so you should be good to go.

It doesn't take too much in the way of training and education to refill your own cartridges so you can continue to use your atty though and the range of flavors and juices is much greater.

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
Welcome darkwitch. Your eGo came with an atomizer/cartridge setup. The part that you push on is the cartridge. It appears as though what you bought are cartomizers. If so, just unscrew the atomizer from the battery and screw on the cartomizer and your ready to vape as long as the cartomizers that you bought are prefilled. If not then it's time to buy some juice. You do not need the cone to use the cartomizers.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
The ones you bought are cartomizers and yes you can use them on your batteries.

The ones you push into the atomizer are called cartridges. Most come blank/empty to fill with your favorite juices. I've only seen them pre-filled in tobacco flavors.

This place has pre-filled. I've always been please with my purchase from them. eSmokeClub - Cartridges - Filled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread