Noob needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
I'm sort of a noob vapor, been off the real cigs for a few months now.. I started vaping with a cheap store bought ecig then moved up to a V2.. Now I vape with Volcano's Inferno which I like a lot but I would like to take the next step and get a vape cannon VV type but there are a lot to choose from. I don't want to break the bank for 1. I'm looking for something that is going to kick vaping into high gear for when Im home.. I do like the Volcano products but waiting on their New Lavatube is going to take for ever.. I was thinking about the MVP or Bolt.. I want something really good but don't want to spend $200+ for a kits where a $100 kit will do the same for me. What do you guys recommend?

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
So something upgrading you from the Lava Tube but not costing as much as a Provari or Darwin? What about a Lambo 4.0 VV? It's the upgraded lava and the construction seems really solid, all metal.
I don't own a Lava Tube.. But that's what I'm thinking about the new version when it comes out. What I want is a VV system and didn't want it to break the bank as a Provari would.. The iTaste MVP is a 3-5volt system that cost around $70 and wasn't sure if you closed your eyes and took a puff off that or the Provari would you really know the difference? I brought up the Lava Tube because I own 2 Volcano products and the LT v2 should be out soon and is cheaper then the Provari but when it comes out is anyone's guess and frankly I cant wait so Im looking for other options. What ever I do buy will be a stay at home mega vaping unit.. Something that hits like a truck is what I would like to get.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
So something upgrading you from the Lava Tube but not costing as much as a Provari or Darwin? What about a Lambo 4.0 VV? It's the upgraded lava and the construction seems really solid, all metal.

All metal construction doesn't make it solid...its still just aluminum or chrome plated copper...that's why they are so light...when you wrap your hands around a mod made of high quality stuff,you just KNOW it's solid enough to run it over with a truck.

sent from EVOLTEd

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I know to each their own but have you considered the Zmax? I recieved one of these about a week ago and so far it's been a great investment. There's a lot of haters of the Zmax but most of them haven't even tried it. Granted it's not a Provari but it's darn close. As far as the complete vape experience it's there. I purchased the SS model and I love it. The warranty is not comparable to the Provari but either is the price. Don't get me wrong though the Provari is the gold standard in it's class and is hard to beat when you consider the time proven reliability of these products. The Zmax reliability is still in the proving stages with it being a newer model but so far so good for me.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
The next level...Hum
You've got the ZMax, VV/VW clear tube mod, Box Mod, Stallion VW mod and eGo APV from Health Cabin to chose from on that respect.
I personally own a ZMax and eGo APV...The eGo is my every day choice and the ZMax a back up when needed. Both are well constructed and seem solid enough ( I wouldn't run them over with a car but close to it).
Currently almost exclusively drip, so got it set up with a Phoenix RBA at 2.5 ohm's. Mouth watering vape at 3.7v like clockwork.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I also thought about the Ego Twist but wanted to see what the hype was about with the 6volt setups. I'm new to the vape world and curious.

Frankly, I think the 6 volt hype is just d!ck measuring. I get the same vape from my 650mah Twist ($20) or my 1300mah Spinner ($24) as I do from anything else I have. And they're both small and easy to carry around.

If you want a big, heavy, 6 volt PV, there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think you'll get a better vape from it. I keep my PVs on 3.8 - 4.4 volts depending on the head I happen to have on my Vivi Nova at the time. Vaping it at 6 volts (or anything close to 6 volts) would only burn the juice and make it taste like crap.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
Frankly, I think the 6 volt hype is just d!ck measuring. I get the same vape from my 650mah Twist ($20) or my 1300mah Spinner ($24) as I do from anything else I have. And they're both small and easy to carry around.

If you want a big, heavy, 6 volt PV, there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think you'll get a better vape from it. I keep my PVs on 3.8 - 4.4 volts depending on the head I happen to have on my Vivi Nova at the time. Vaping it at 6 volts (or anything close to 6 volts) would only burn the juice and make it taste like crap.

That's the thing, i'm new at this and my Inferno and Magma hits fine I just keep seeing these 6volt PV and was going to get one and wanted to know a little more about how they work and if its worth spending the $100 plus for a nice setup.. I never tried anything over 3.5 volts (think that's the volts in the Inferno)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread