so here is my issue

I got a t-rex. it came with 2 attys.

put in #1. worked fine tasted awful from primer

read here, took atty #2 and cleaned it

atty #2 did not work

kept using atty #1

next day atty #2 works again

use them a few days, now one of the attys does not work- not sure which

so, I stick it in some vodka to clean it. let it dry a couple days. still won't work(its maybe a week old)

in the meantime, I had ordered 2 attys from GP. one reg and one bigger one

the regular one does not work - contacted GP for replacement

the bigger one works but has that awful primer smell, so I soak it in vodka and dry for a couple of days. Now, that one does not work

I am a complete newb and am clueless. are these that touchy? am I screwing something up?

I also have a volt with a carto, but I can taste a bit more with the atty/cart- thats why I am screwing with these- I have a hard time tasting anything

ugh- just realized I only have one working atty

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
sounds like you need some help...
Your instincts are right... carto's can not taste as good as from an atty... but it takes some time and experience.

If you can handle a short learning curve with a tank (Liquinator is a good start), you will have the best that a carto can taste because the tank keeps it wet just the right amount, and you won't have to refill it for a while.
If you don't have VV or HV device, go with a Boge LR 2.0 fitted one... or you could try the Dual Coil one if you want some fireworks... somewhat. not that bad though. They slot the cartos for you.
You just have to learn to fill them and there's a youtube vid from Vaporescence up.

Dripping an atty is the purest form of vaping and flavor is the best, but imo a regular or dc carto tank will get you close!
If you stick with attys, and you want to drip, i recommend Smartvapes "dripping atty" 510 LR 1.8 Ohm.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Sin88, I am among the Atty challenged. No, I'm NO Noob by any means but I have NEVER in my 10 months of vaping had an Atty work the way it should. But have no fear, there are other products just for us. The Boge cartomizer works like a champ for the Atty cursed. The flavors come thru beautifully, are easy to use and are fairly cheap. Vapor Kings has great bulk prices too. Good luck and don't give up!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
sounds like you have an LR Boge... but at 2.0 to 2.3 Ohms they shouldn't get so hot that you can't tast the juice... granted imo a carto doesn't compare to dripping for full flavor, but again there are factors: resistance (Ohms) and juice too (PG more taste, less vapor, and vice versa for VG).
what resistances are the atty and the carto?
I really liked the boge cartos I tried. great vapor. But, I can't taste the juice on them, while I can on the atty. There even seems to be a difference in flavor with which battery I use

this is all more complicated than I thought it would be! LOL

and I keep buying more crap to try thinking I will find my magic

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I really liked the boge cartos I tried. great vapor. But, I can't taste the juice on them, while I can on the atty. There even seems to be a difference in flavor with which battery I use

this is all more complicated than I thought it would be! LOL

and I keep buying more crap to try thinking I will find my magic

Sin, don't give up. It takes a bit of trial and error to get things working for YOU and your preferences, but you will get there.
I think what ukeman meant it sounds like you have SR standard resistance cartomizers. (they dont produce as much vapor/flavor for you espicaly with your battery type) What you would need to get are the 2.0 ohm LR low resistant cartomizers. They produce a little more heat and give the Carto that snap crackle pop. Enhancing the flavor and vapor production.

olwildbill

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City Missouri
Try the 1.7 Resurrectors (cartos ) I am a long time user of attys but am trying to switch over to cartos because of cost. These produce Great vapor and the flavor isnt bad plus they hold alot of e-juice. But by all means dont give up on attys it does take time to learn how to use them and remember every atty is different even from the same batch.

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
sounds like you have an LR Boge... but at 2.0 to 2.3 Ohms they shouldn't get so hot that you can't tast the juice... granted imo a carto doesn't compare to dripping for full flavor, but again there are factors: resistance (Ohms) and juice too (PG more taste, less vapor, and vice versa for VG).
what resistances are the atty and the carto?

the boge cartos I have are LR. The attys, I am not so sure. There are some that came with my t-rex, and some that I got from good prophets(they sent me extra replacements for a DOA atty). They had 2 in each bag. One bag was marked 3 and the other 2 something. I was not smart enough to label them, so I am never sure which one I am using. duh

I just dropped a bunch of money on toys at health cabin, but it will be awhile before they get here. I think I got some dual coils and the echo kind. I don't have alot of faith that they will be better, but I can't help myself from buying new crap. You know how it is- "oh, I am going to order these batteries that are a good deal, I guess I should see what else they have to "save" money on shipping!" LOL

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
Try the 1.7 Resurrectors (cartos ) I am a long time user of attys but am trying to switch over to cartos because of cost. These produce Great vapor and the flavor isnt bad plus they hold alot of e-juice. But by all means dont give up on attys it does take time to learn how to use them and remember every atty is different even from the same batch.

I keep waiting for those darn things to come back in stock at CCV. I assume it will be awhile because of the holiday

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
After trying and loving the Igo, I'm thinking now that the bigger the carto(juice capacity) the better the flavor. I like the regular sized cartos as well, so don't get me wrong. It's just that the hit the Igo delivers is awesome and the only reason I can think of for that being the case is that the thing is just saturated with ejuice lol.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Sin you are at a "plateau"... there will be a few of those; where just over the hill (hopefully after not making too many mistakes $) you will have some success and be on a slightly higher level...
I think it happens to most of us.
But take heart that if you did smoke analogs, well at least you're not any poorer and maybe some healthier.
Smoking took a TON of $$$... so give yourself a break.
If we can give you some advice that would get you where you want AND save some money (by not going down the "wrong" road) the it's all good.
Problem is what is the "right" road? well it's different for some and the same for some too...

I suggested a different carto because you were getting vapor and less flavor (LR characteristics to some but not all) so go with an SR carto... but hold up.
Just take what folks are saying... take you time and choose as wisely as you can, and get some experience under your belt.

Now that said, if you are serious, there are a few ways to go:
1. for less money you can stick with your "3.7" Trex (eGo type batt) which is really less than 3.7v (they all are) and go with LR ranges (1.5 to 2.0 Ohm for attys; up to 2.1 for cartos). IMO that's the only way you're going to get sufficient vapor anyway using this.
I'd suggest you get a tank for cartos (boge LR 2.0 or Fusion 2.0)... This way you CAN get the vapor AND better taste out of your cartos.
Stick with dripping but change off so you will learn gradually.

2. GO with a good (not high end) VV i.e. Krimson Kustoms makes great regulated VV cheap, and man you will be able to dial in your perfect vape.

3. Go with high end, and never look back: Provari imo... with 2.0 to 3.5 Ohm whatevers.

the boge cartos I have are LR. The attys, I am not so sure. There are some that came with my t-rex, and some that I got from good prophets(they sent me extra replacements for a DOA atty). They had 2 in each bag. One bag was marked 3 and the other 2 something. I was not smart enough to label them, so I am never sure which one I am using. duh

I just dropped a bunch of money on toys at health cabin, but it will be awhile before they get here. I think I got some dual coils and the echo kind. I don't have alot of faith that they will be better, but I can't help myself from buying new crap. You know how it is- "oh, I am going to order these batteries that are a good deal, I guess I should see what else they have to "save" money on shipping!" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread