Novice Vaper looking for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuCulain

Nov 29, 2015
Hi all.
Great to be part of the forum here - looking forward to learning lots.
I am having a problem with my Vision Spinner II - I may have stripped the thread on what I'm told is the 510 thread on the battery - it's the inside thread, on the top of the battery, where the 'pin' at the bottom of a Nautilus tank fits and the thread that the Vision 450MA Spinner II Charger screws into.....
The tanks while a bit wobbly still seem to connect ok (but not entirely flush) and I can still vape... I am having some serious issues with getting the charger to connect.

I have tried an ego to 510 adapter but it has the same problem as the tanks and charger - where the adapter screws into the battery - doesn't sit flush...

Has anyone else had issues with this and if so, is there any sort of resolution/fix/workaround, or do I chuck the battery and get another (Vision or otherwise...)?

I wondered if there was an adapter that would possibly screw into the thread where the vanity collar sit and provide a new 510 or ego thread at the other end??

Appreciate any advice people can offer.

Cheers

CuCu

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Reactions: KatzWh1skers

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I would chuck it and not get another. They were unreliable at the best of times.

I fear all 4 of my Spinners are now dead - 2 of each incarnation (versions 1 and 2)

Innokin do a better job of variable power eGo batteries. CLK? iTaste VV4?

I second that sound advice. Most of the talk about Spinners around here lately is about them breaking.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    Hello and welcome to the forum @CuCulain. Glad to have you here!
    Has anyone else had issues with this and if so, is there any sort of resolution/fix/workaround, or do I chuck the battery and get another (Vision or otherwise...)?

The center pin of the battery may not be making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery

If this does not solve your problem consider upgrading your setup. I often recommend an iStick 30 watt or Coolfire 4 (both mods). Videos below.

iStick 30 Watt
    Coolfire 4 from Innokin

Picture of the Mini Nautilus on the iStick 30 watt

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

CuCulain

Nov 29, 2015
    Hello and welcome to the forum @CuCulain. Glad to have you here!

The center pin of the battery may not be making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

If this does not solve your problem consider upgrading your setup. I often recommend an iStick 30 watt or Coolfire 4 (both mods). Videos below.

iStick 30 Watt
    Coolfire 4 from Innokin

Thanks for all the advice everyone. It was of great value. Sorry for the slow response.
    I have checked and it is definitely the thread not the pin. I have chucked em and purchased an Istick TC40W. :) Gives me the chance to try some sub-Ohm vaping as well..... thanks again for your advice!
    Cheers and happy vaping. :)

Reactions: Susan~S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread