Ohms/volts ???? And dripping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
I have been vaping for a year and was lucky enough to get some good advice as to what kit to purchase (ego) when I started and it came with the mega dual coil cartos. I was happy with that so I didn't really try anything else but lately I've noticed the flavors are muted after a few fills and am trying some new cartos (vision extreme and stardust) I also want to try dripping.
I just ordered a KGO kit and am considering ordering a gripper. I have been somewhat confused as to what ohm rating works best at each voltage.
Someone sent me a link to an excel sheet which was very helpful in terms of what ohms carto will work at certain voltages but I was wondering if there is an experienced vaper on here who could put together some type of guide that would help noobs like me select the right ohms carto -atty for their battery and explain how the various ohm/volt combos actually affect the vaping experience and what is optimal for each voltage level in terms of vapor production/temp/TH/flavor etc... I notice I am not the only one here who is asking these types of questions. I understand it's all subjective to each persons taste but it would be helpful if there was a list or chart of some kind to refer to. I have searched the forum for this info so if there is already something similar could someone tell me how to find it.
I just ordered the KGO and have ordered vision extremes in 2.0-2.2 and 2.8 to 3.0
I also ordered some ce4+ (stardust) in 2.4-2.6 and just wondering if it will be similar to the mdcc's I've been using-my only complaint with them is not enough flavor but vapor production, temp and TH is great. When you first start out this ohm/volt thing can be somewhat confusing. i;m slightly worried I may have gotten the wrong ohm level.

also what would be the best atty for dripping (ohm wise)-thinking of trying gotvapes pumpcart would I need a drip shield with it ?

Thanks
Michelle

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I have a variable voltage mod, so I get to adjust voltage to suit. What Iv found tho, is with cartomizers (with wadding) it works real well if the voltage is about 2 more than the ohms. 3.7 volts, on a 1.7 ohm carto. 3.0 ohms work well at 5 volts. The dual coils need about a volt more. Maybe ~4.5 volts on a 1.5 ohm dual, or higher! The Clearomizers, the one with just wicks inside a tank would need a bit less, so the 2.0-2.2 would work great on a 3.7 volt EGO. The 2.8-3.0 will be OK, maybe a bit cool on the vapor. At least that's what hits my sweet spot. You will probably find one that you love, and end up with a box of assorted cartos like I have. :D As far as dripping, not sure, to fiddly for me. YMMV!!!

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Lets see:

The higher the ohms on a given atty,the higher you can go with voltage

Ex.: 4.8/5.0/5.3 ohms for 7.4V
3.2 to 4.8 ohms for 5-6V

The lower the ohms on an atty, 3.7V and/or lower

Ex.: 0.9 to 3.2 ohms

Higher voltage on low ohms attys might just popped them

Low ohms on lower volatge simulate higher ohms on higher voltage

Then you have everythin in between that works with variable voltage,there is a sweet spot 3.2 and up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread