Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/okie-vapers/392643-okie-vapers-call-action.html#post8944254

RJ Reynolds has gotten our illustrious Senate to pass a bill regulating and taxing vaping products. It goes to the House next. The crux behind the bill is that vaping is almost as bad as smoking, and should be regulated and taxed.

It prohibits sales of vapor products to minors and puts regulations on vendors and retailers similar to tobacco sales.

It levies a tax of $1.33 for every 30 ml of ejuice sold.

It requires dealers, manufacturers, and vendors to pay a permit fee of $250 per year and a licensing fee of $30 every three years. The bill defines a dealer to include anyone who imports vapor products from another state or country for use or consumption.

My fellow Okies, contact your state representative and tell them you oppose HB 802. Concerned citizen vapers in the OKC area are gathering this Sunday, March 17th, 6pm at Evapes, 1111 S. Council in Oklahoma City.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Some additional information from our local vape shop owners Clyde, looks like your info may be a little more specific but good contact numbers here for the committee members.

OKLAHOMA CUSTOMERS!!!

SB802 was introduced by Senator Johnson. It amends Oklahoma tobacco laws to include e-Cigarettes and related "vapor products".

You can view the bill here: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2013-14 ENGR/SB/SB802 ENGR.PDF

The bill has had its second hearing today and was passed to the Public Health Committee. Now is the time to act!

The bill includes (but is not limited to):

Makes sales to and possession of e-Cigarettes by anyone under 18 illegal. The age to purchase we fully support. Possession, well, I wouldn't want teens walking around smoking e-Cigarettes just to be cool, but I would rather see them using e-Cigs versus tobacco cigarettes. Parents should make this decision, not Gubment. That's a touchy issue I suppose but that's my personal stance.

It also adds (the ugly stuff):

A "vice tax", to e-Cigarettes. .05 cents per "unit" not to exceed 10% of real cigarette taxes. "unit" has not been clearly defined in the bill. Is that per cigarette, per ml of liquid, per puff or per what? This tax is reasonable compared to other states attempts...but why is a reduced harm product being nailed with a "vice tax" ?

Requires resellers to hold a tobacco retail license for each retail location they own.

Requires anyone who imports e-Cigarette products from outside of Oklahoma (basically anyone in business!) to hold a tobacco wholesaler license.

Could possibly make it illegal for YOU to purchase e-Cigarette related products from OUTSIDE of Oklahoma.

Here are the committee members and their contact information:

Chair: David Derby (405) 557-7377 david.derby@okhouse.gov

Vice Chair: Glen Mulready (405) 557-7340 glen.mulready@okhouse.gov

Doug Cox (405) 557-7415 dougcox@okhouse.gov

Randy Grau (405) 557-7360 randy.grau@okhouse.gov

Jeannie McDaniel (405) 557-7334 jeanniemcdaniel@okhouse.gov

Jon Echols (405) 557-7354 jon.echols@okhouse.gov

Rebecca Hamilton (405) 557-7397 rebeccahamilton@okhouse.gov

Mike Ritzke (405) 557-7338 mike.ritze@okhouse.gov

John Enns (405) 557-7321 john.enns@okhouse.gov

Arthur Hulbert (405) 557-7310 arthur.hulbert@okhouse.gov

Mike Shelton (405) 557-7367 mikeshelton@okhouse.gov

Pass these far and wide. We have probably 2 weeks before this gets heard, and we need to make sure all of these guys get a ton of email and phone calls.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Some additional information from our local vape shop owners Clyde, looks like your info may be a little more specific but good contact numbers here for the committee members.

OKLAHOMA CUSTOMERS!!!

SB802 was introduced by Senator Johnson. It amends Oklahoma tobacco laws to include e-Cigarettes and related "vapor products".

You can view the bill here: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2013-14 ENGR/SB/SB802 ENGR.PDF

The bill has had its second hearing today and was passed to the Public Health Committee. Now is the time to act!

The bill includes (but is not limited to):

Makes sales to and possession of e-Cigarettes by anyone under 18 illegal. The age to purchase we fully support. Possession, well, I wouldn't want teens walking around smoking e-Cigarettes just to be cool, but I would rather see them using e-Cigs versus tobacco cigarettes. Parents should make this decision, not Gubment. That's a touchy issue I suppose but that's my personal stance.

It also adds (the ugly stuff):

A "vice tax", to e-Cigarettes. .05 cents per "unit" not to exceed 10% of real cigarette taxes. "unit" has not been clearly defined in the bill. Is that per cigarette, per ml of liquid, per puff or per what? This tax is reasonable compared to other states attempts...but why is a reduced harm product being nailed with a "vice tax" ?

Requires resellers to hold a tobacco retail license for each retail location they own.

Requires anyone who imports e-Cigarette products from outside of Oklahoma (basically anyone in business!) to hold a tobacco wholesaler license.

Could possibly make it illegal for YOU to purchase e-Cigarette related products from OUTSIDE of Oklahoma.

Here are the committee members and their contact information:

Chair: David Derby (405) 557-7377 david.derby@okhouse.gov

Vice Chair: Glen Mulready (405) 557-7340 glen.mulready@okhouse.gov

Doug Cox (405) 557-7415 dougcox@okhouse.gov

Randy Grau (405) 557-7360 randy.grau@okhouse.gov

Jeannie McDaniel (405) 557-7334 jeanniemcdaniel@okhouse.gov

Jon Echols (405) 557-7354 jon.echols@okhouse.gov

Rebecca Hamilton (405) 557-7397 rebeccahamilton@okhouse.gov

Mike Ritzke (405) 557-7338 mike.ritze@okhouse.gov

John Enns (405) 557-7321 john.enns@okhouse.gov

Arthur Hulbert (405) 557-7310 arthur.hulbert@okhouse.gov

Mike Shelton (405) 557-7367 mikeshelton@okhouse.gov

Pass these far and wide. We have probably 2 weeks before this gets heard, and we need to make sure all of these guys get a ton of email and phone calls.

That sucks ballz. Time for y'all to stock up on nic liquid in the meantime. Ya got your RBA's and REOs.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Mr. Derby,

How DARE you and your cronies call e-cig products VICES!!! My use of them as a safe substitute for the 4,00 plus carcinogins plus TOBACCO, which, by the way, since you and your money grubbing cronies seem to be ignorant of, is NOT a component of e-cigs, has literally saved and extended my life, and the use of e-cigs has improved my overall health, as it has also done for the thousands upon thousands of other people's lives.

Your only real reason for this issue is to put LOTS of money in your geedy, grubby paws and every and anyone KNOWS this!!

SHAME ON THE LOT OF YOU!!!!

But of course that was a ridiculous sentense, none of you have any saving graces, just extreme greed...

Yvonne kay Perkins

Sent a minute ago...

Last edited:

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Wait a second. That bolded part is making my brain hurt. If I order a pack of 5 cartos, I'm a dealer?!

Strangely, back in my smoking days, crossing a state line with half a pack of cigarettes in my pocket, did not make me a smuggler.

I wonder, would driving around with a bottle of aspirin in my glovebox classify me as a pharameutical company?

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Happy to report that this bill was voted down today 3-7. There was a large turnout at the capital building prior to the vote. Thanks to lobbying efforts funded by OKC are vape shops, petitions and call and letters from concerned vapers, we won the first big battle in our state. Hopefully this will help future battles here and in other states in days, months and years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread