Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest

Okino C100 Pod Kit - Powered by innokin
    OK For You

1685976402386.png

Hello again! Today I'm excited to bring to you a review of a product brand I've never heard of before, but has impressed me far beyond any expectations I might have had. The main reason is that Okino is a sub-brand of innokin that has designed their products separate of Innokin, and from the ground up. The C100 is a small 800 mAh open pod device that has something I haven't seen yet, and has proven to come in quite handy. Their theme hovers around the word or idea of being "OK", but I will admit with a precautionary spoiler -
    it's much better than just "OK". :cool:
    I recommend heading over to Okino's site to get more info and check out their cute animations.

I appreciate @Innokin_timmy for sending me the Okino C100 for review. As always, it will be conducted in a fair and honest manner.

Let's dig in!

(pictures can be clicked on for easier viewing)

> OVERVIEW <

Colors:

1685977907341.png

There are 11 color options as of launch. Keep an eye out for more options if you're looking for a color more suitable to your liking.
    > Red
    > Pink
    > Yellow
    > Green
    > Dark Green
    > Aqua
    > Cyan
    > Blue
    > Purple
    > Light Grey
    > Black

Main Features:

1685978318111.png

There are quite a few features included in this small kit. The big things to pull out of the above is that there are two coil resistance options, 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω, there are moisture pads included (new concept), it uses an 800 mAh internal battery, and it has a USB Type-C charge port. They also don't mention this in the features, but this device activates by both auto-draw and a fire button.
    Okino-C100-Structure.gif

Specs:
    1685978803436.png

Each kit comes with:
    > C100 Pod Mod
    > C100 Pod Cartridge (4mL; 2mL TPD)
    > OK R2 Coil (0.4Ω)
    > Condensation Pads
    > A Vape Band
    > A User Manual

> TEST RESULTS & OBSERVATIONS <

Intro:

1685979431176.png

The top picture of the two above displays everything that was sent to me for this review. What comes in the package itself is shown on the left. I would consider this a decent starter kit because it contains everything but your very own e-juice to start vaping. A reminder that his product is meant for DL/RDL vaping, so 2-5% salt nics are not advised. Stick to 1.8% salt nic or 18mg/mL freebase and lower. The only other nitpick that I have in calling this a great starter kit is that it only comes with a single coil. As a reviewer, I've been guilty on more than one occasion of accidentally frying my coil simply by trying to turn a device on before putting juice in the pod. As a fresh beginner, I'm almost positive that this is going to happen to more than a few people, and that's a terrible experience to start off with right out of the gate. I really wish every kit sold on the market would include two coils, especially when there are multiple different resistances available. I understand that the benefit is a lower cost, but cost really doesn't play much of a factor if the experience is ruined before you're even able to use the device. That's not a gamble I'd consider to be a good one - that's my two cents at least.

Additionally added to the kit that do not usually come in pod kits is a rubber lanyard band, and 5 condensation/moisture pads. The rubber lanyard band is self-explanatory and a nice feature if that is something you're interested in using. A lanyard itself is not provided, so that must be something are willing to seek out if you're interested in using the lanyard band.

The condensation/moisture pads are a completely new concept and are a welcomed gesture. While I can't say I've had any leaking issues thus far, I will say that due to the way I stored this device in my lunch bag, the moisture barrier created by a fully saturated wick was allowed to be interrupted and it ruined the normal capillary action that's needed to properly keep the wick saturated. The result ended up being a coil that became ultra-sensitive to burning if my draws were longer than about a second and a half. As an RDL vaper that's used to taking 3 or so second puffs, this felt a bit underwhelming. All of this because I stored this device on its side with a partial tank of juice. Even though the C100 is capable of being stored this way w/out leaking, it can cause issues and I don't recommend storing it on its side. I digress... So, while trying to resurrect the coil back to a useable state, the pod did end up leaking a bit due to my own diagnostics process and these moisture pads picked up that juice. The biggest reason that these pads are important are so that any juice that leaks down into the connector bay doesn't end up down in the pod mod, or in your lap, pocket, or purse. Additionally, these pads will keep juice from clogging up the auto-draw sensor which is a huge issue with pod devices that have the ability to be auto-drawn. Google it, it's a huge problem. Luckily with this device, it can be auto-drawn or fired using the fire button. That is however both a pro and a con when it comes to storing the device and is recommended to be turned off before stowing. I will explain how the functionality of the device works in more detail below.

The C100:
    1685982326056.png

I received the Aqua colorway and it has a rather pastely look to it as you can see. At 25mm in width, this is a slightly larger pod device when compared to its apparent competitors in the market, however the C100 can not be directly compared to many of those products simply because this is not an MTL device like the Caliburns and Xroses. This would be more comparable to Vaporesso's Luxe X, Luxe XR, Luxe XR Max, and VooPoo's Vinci 3, in which this is a smaller device than all of those. The larger battery sizes found in direct-lung (DL) and restricted-direct-lung (RDL) devices are needed because each puff requires a higher wattage to provide that nice aromatic ploomage of vape. The 0.4Ω coil uses 22.5W and the 0.6Ω coil vapes at 18W. 800 mAh is not a lot for this purpose, however what you lose in battery capacity, you gain in size and pocket-friendliness. A reasonable compromise if you will, if size is of importance to you.

On the front of the Okino pod mod, it's quite easy to see the raised circular fire button. On the reverse side is where you'll find the USB Type-C charging port. The port is advertised to charge at 1.0A, and it reaches around 0.7A which is pretty common for 1.0A. At this rate with an 800 mAh battery, you can expect an empty to full charge to take around 75 to 90 minutes. The Okino C100 does support pass-through vaping for those that like to be able to take a few puffs while it's charging.

The pod mouthpiece tapers down quite nicely and fits between the lips very naturally. Unlike many DL devices with 810 drip tips, it will not feel like you're putting your lips around a garden hose.

On the underside of the pod mod, there's a white ring around the entire base that acts as the ring of illumination where different colored LEDs indicate specific functions of the pod mod. This can be confusing, but is a pretty common way for simple chips to provide a wide range of information.

On the top of the pod mod (under the pod), you'll see two brass-plated spring-loaded connectors toward the middle, two larger circular magnets, and a small black chimney that acts as the auto-draw sensor. Like I mentioned above, the white moisture pad you see here absorbs excess juice and prevents it from clogging up the connector pins and the auto-draw sensor. If a leak of any sort does occur, you'd simply replace it with one of the multiple backup pads that are provided in the kit. When purchasing additional coils, each of those boxes come with additional moisture pads, as well. Very thought out and considerate!

Part of the beauty in the C100 is how simple it is to use. Like most smaller pod devices, there really isn't too much to worry about in being able to just simply pop the pod in and begin vaping.

Use the following instructions to better understand basic functions:
    Operation:
    > 3x clicks of the fire button - Turns the device on and off
    > 2x clicks of the fire button (when on) - Turns an LED on or off that flashes colors constantly through a rotation

Light indicators:
    > Battery Status - Blue = >30%; Yellow = 10-29%; Red = 0-9%
    > Battery has Died - 8x red flashes

Light Indicators when Charging:
    > Red = <90%
    > Blue = >90%
    > Light turns off when fully charged

Additional troubleshooting safety light indicators can be found in the manual if you experience anything not mentioned here.

The C100 Pod:

1685985254360.png

Leave the sticker on until you've filled the pod up to prevent yourself from frying the coil. Don't let my past failures become yours. There's a "Max" indicator on the pod which is kind of odd to me now that I think about it, lol. Usually this is considered a "Min" line, but I suppose it can also indicate the "Max" juice consumption line as well. Regardless, do not get in a habit of allowing your juice levels to get below this, or funky things will start happening to you, and not in a good way. This is a great way to start experiencing dry hits.

The rubber refill tab has an arrow pointing to the end that pulls up. It's also the squared off end if you find yourself confused. The refill hole is large enough to easily accommodate 100/120 mL Chubby Gorilla bottle nozzles, so no worries there. Once you've filled the pod and let it sit for 5 or so minutes (I take a few dry pulls on the pod while it isn't on the pod mod to help quicken the wicking process - sticker must be removed to do this), take the sticker off, pop it on the pod mod, and away you go!

As I mentioned before, the mouthpiece is very comfy when putting it between your lips for a puff. Not something usually experienced in a DL device.

The OK Coils:
    1685989758599.png

The kit comes with the R2 OK coil pre-installed which is a 0.4Ω coil. Between the 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω coils, the 0.4Ω coil has a larger bore for more airflow making it more ideal for DL vaping. The 0.6Ω coil is slightly more restricted and more aimed at an RDL airflow. Regardless, both coils perform great and put out an immense amounts of flavor. If battery life over airflow is important to you, you may want to consider using the 0.6Ω coil to use less wattage per puff. For overall flavor output, I'd put the 0.4Ω coil ever-so-slightly above the 0.6Ω, but they're very close and almost indistinguishable.

A quick reminder when installing the coils, there is a right and wrong way of installing them which isn't necessarily intuitive. The open sided gaps on the bottom of the coils should be lined up with the magnets. If they're situated perpendicular to the magnets like you see in the bottom left picture, the pink O-ring is visible meaning that it isn't seated and sealing properly. In the bottom middle picture, the airflow slots in the coil are correctly lined up with the magnets, and thus allowing the coil to seat and seal properly. The picture in the bottom right is showing you the different bores of the chimney which changes the amount of available airflow. The slightly more restricted 0.6Ω coil is on top, with the 0.4Ω coil on the bottom. The lower the resistance, the more open the airflow usually is. This a general rule that applies to all vape products if this is something you weren't aware of.

1685986480214.png

And lastly, this is what you can expect from a replacement package of coils. 3 coils come in each box, along with additional condensation pads. The R1's are the 0.6Ω coils, and the R2's are the 0.4Ω coils.

> CONCLUSION <

The Okino C100 has blown me away. At first it just looked like a cheap plastic vape device and I wasn't all that excited to try it out. I actually used the Aquios Bars Innokin also sent for this review as my backup devices while on-the-go. Reluctant to start testing the product out, I've got nothing but great things to say about it. It's small for a DL device, it has outstanding flavor output, and beyond user-error, the coils are lasting quite a long time. While it's near impossible to keep track of how many total puffs I've put on these OK coils, my guess is that they easily compete and exceed against what I would consider the market standard of 1000 puffs. My only gripe is the battery size at 800 mAh, but taking the overall size of the device into consideration, it's easier to let it slide. My overall rating on the flavor output very easily makes the OK coils comparable to the best tasting coils on the market.

++ PROS ++
    > Small for a DL device
    > Intense, in-your-face flavor output
    > Price-point is an easy yes
    > Comfortable in the lips
    > Auto-draw and fire button activation
    > DL and RDL airflow options
    > Condensation/Moisture pads (innovation!)
    > Lots of extra pads
    > Pod sits firm, but easy to remove
    > USB Type-C
    > Pass-through vaping
    > Decent charge time

- - CONS - -
    > Package only comes with one coil

+- CONSIDERATONS -+
    > 800 mAh battery is smaller for a DL device
    > Lanyard band available
    > No lanyard comes in the package
    > Juice level can be harder to see w/out proper light
    > Coils dictate airflow/non-adjustable airflow

> RATING <

I considered giving this a 10, but nothing's perfect. The battery size is smaller for a DL device and only one coil comes in the package. But other than that, Innokin has blown me away with the Okino C100. There hasn't been too many pod devices I've purchased additional coils for, but I will be looking for these better-than-OK coils. A part of me hopes that Innokin adopts these coils in one of their atomizers. I would for sure be buying multiples. That's all that really needs to be said - if you're a DL or RDL vaper and are looking for a smaller portable device, I highly recommend giving this a go!

I advise you to head on over to Okino's site and take a look around. For now, I only see this available on Innokin's site found here. As of the posting of this review, the price is $16.99 and 100% worth it. I am not blowing smoke up your booty hole, this is definitely a winner!

Again, I want to thank @Innokin_timmy for providing this product for review. It's very much been a treat. I encourage you folks at Innokin to adopt the OK coils into one of your atomizers! Maybe a top airflow? ;)

That's all I got for you folks. Thanks for reading, and I hope to catch you around in the next review.

Cheers and happy vape hoarding!
    :rickroll:

Last edited:

DallasLiza

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    The Okino C100 has blown me away. At first it just looked like a cheap plastic vape device and I wasn't all that excited to try it out. I actually used the Aquios Bars Innokin also sent for this review as my backup devices while on-the-go. Reluctant to start testing the product out, I've got nothing but great things to say about it. It's small for a DL device, it has outstanding flavor output, and beyond user-error, the coils are lasting quite a long time.
    This is a device I wouldn't have considered were it not for your glowing review. Every product I've tried that you've been impressed with, has been a great choice for me too. Thanks for the review Mr. Z!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    This is a device I wouldn't have considered were it not for your glowing review. Every product I've tried that you've been impressed with, has been a great choice for me too. Thanks for the review Mr. Z!
    This one definitely has the win for "biggest surprise" in 2023. No lie, it's a delicious vape!

Users who are viewing this thread