Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Kaezz, your perseverance and positive spirit is inspirational... hang in there bud!

I'm hangin', Brother... dunno what else to do! :lol: Thank you for the kind words, though. I do truly appreciate it.
How's that song go? "If your goin' through hell; keep on goin'. Ya might get out before the devil even knows you're there." ;)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I just put a 2.5lb. pork loin in the crock pot.

Did I leave anything out?

Black pepper
Red pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cajun seasoning
Soy sauce
1/2 cup red wine
Dry onion soup mix poured on top

Nope, sounds good to me! Get some bacon cheddar grits goin' when it gets closer to supper, and maybe some kinda veggie so the womenfolk don't get on us for not eatin' healthy, and lemme know what time to be there! ;)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Black pepper
Red pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cajun seasoning
Soy sauce
1/2 cup red wine
Dry onion soup mix poured on top
Anything from this site.

Barbecue Sauces | Sweet Baby Ray’s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
As you all know of my problems with weight loss. You also know that I have been talking to a doctor who is now in S Dak that saved my life once already and amputated my legs. I wanted you to read the letter that I got from him so I will post it. This is a caring, excellent doctor, very hard to find. I couldn't believe it myself.

Pat
Giving up is not a good option. I would be happy to take care of you and fix this problem. Don't give up.

You will need revisional surgery. With some pre-operative preparation you should be able to get through it just fine. This has been going on for quite some time. My guess is we could have you beefed up and fixed within three months. There are some things you're going to need to do on your end to make this work. One thing you can work on now is obtaining your operative note from the your bypass.

Driving out here can be done in one long day. If you are comfortable I can make arrangements for you to stay at our home.

If coming out here is something you would consider we will need to talk on the phone. In regards to your endoscopy that's being done, there's nothing specific I need.

Lee

Choose to recognize the blessings in your life.... each day.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
As you all know of my problems with weight loss. You also know that I have been talking to a doctor who is now in S Dak that saved my life once already and amputated my legs. I wanted you to read the letter that I got from him so I will post it. This is a caring, excellent doctor, very hard to find. I couldn't believe it myself.

Pat
Giving up is not a good option. I would be happy to take care of you and fix this problem. Don't give up.

You will need revisional surgery. With some pre-operative preparation you should be able to get through it just fine. This has been going on for quite some time. My guess is we could have you beefed up and fixed within three months. There are some things you're going to need to do on your end to make this work. One thing you can work on now is obtaining your operative note from the your bypass.

Driving out here can be done in one long day. If you are comfortable I can make arrangements for you to stay at our home.

If coming out here is something you would consider we will need to talk on the phone. In regards to your endoscopy that's being done, there's nothing specific I need.

Lee

Wow, Pat! Indeed, you have found a very kind and caring physician! I've never heard of one who would actually offer their own home as a place for a patient to stay. Truly a blessing to have him on your side. My prayers are with you that all goes well and that he can truly help you on your path to better health and happiness!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You don't find doctors like this anymore. We have to make some preparations for it. Possibly get a new car which we were going to wait till September to do which is when we will get an $800 a month raise by Ginny getting on Medicare but we could swing it for 6 months. I knew he was a great doc and person but I didn't believe this. I always loved the picture he had on this wall in his office of Jesus guiding the hand of the surgeon while he operates. This is above and beyond the call.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
You don't find doctors like this anymore. We have to make some preparations for it. Possibly get a new car which we were going to wait till September to do which is when we will get an $800 a month raise by Ginny getting on Medicare but we could swing it for 6 months. I knew he was a great doc and person but I didn't believe this. I always loved the picture he had on this wall in his office of Jesus guiding the hand of the surgeon while he operates. This is above and beyond the call.

You're absolutely right on that! Way above and beyond, and I've never seen the like in my lifetime... until today!

You might consider just renting a car for the trip. Might be cheaper than a car payment, and it wouldn't put you in a bind for the 6 months that you have to wait for Ginny's Medicare switch. You could rent a car, drive it up there and return it once you go into the hospital. Then just rent another when you're ready to go back home... just a thought.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Wow, Pat! Indeed, you have found a very kind and caring physician! I've never heard of one who would actually offer their own home as a place for a patient to stay. Truly a blessing to have him on your side. My prayers are with you that all goes well and that he can truly help you on your path to better health and happiness!
Yep Kaez I don't think you got a chance to see my picture of me that I posted of how I look now, I took it down and sid I would put it back up at Halloween. I look like a surviving prisoner of war in a Nazi camp.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yep Kaez I don't think you got a chance to see my picture of me that I posted of how I look now, I took it down and sid I would put it back up at Halloween. I look like a surviving prisoner of war in a Nazi camp.

Wow! You've lost that much weight? Man, from the last pic of you that I did see... you can't really afford to lose much more!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Just for you Kaez here it is.
q0mRkxSwIEREklsx57o8WN_cqrYEF2YzYpbA_meAbpo-CxpvkqmxxMzNGKJ2mQXSEQ7AAo5d0cRj8RHrmMCHlXwMXGCJd8trkWEzi5Ep-c1rWH-7cAjF8jpJEcJ0g2aKHFirf7jXy8BV2-h0CgylmfBWwfF1Bwnl3UuUFK17kXtxtuA6LnGpoEIfA7yQWk61b7-hUGJe6LMk-pF0XrF8et798XYtLLPMvArKtZicYQKBidrBSxU1cUxFtUqzxMXOh7ZHxKe6grWN8PnESTgKcZSd_QxgG4JOE7S-9cyqD0izFT57J5JshmRVH9YQTcz5P6yO28W0spmwlvWYPCx4HwIzeTKXBrBQ6AkMyTFWXG_5tkACLAFYxrG288Ymk5xq6e7nTschArf0rSDNBXIedbaHguNHci7FW_bl25n6_rrWtewnKGo2k4Y7vqZVtJ46L842ktjcrBj43M81yKuyj91L1XiJvhdtRDkXnWNA7AOEEJ9taLV9tCwEPvmBG5y1-P_QzLdKQ7Rmic_CZFNCt2NqfG0h4e5MeqiXF5Sv3SyKmVyG9eXJdzW6bBaEQcGmB44hr-n2dtCkpZb5wSy6QFAWd0yGMZZjZruL0KMeN2xrfcrz_Q=w606-h808-no

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Damn man... I've got no words. I did see a post of yours earlier when I was running through posts trying to get caught up that said it isn't because you aren't eating, but more because of malabsorption due to complications from a prior surgery, right? And this doc that you're talking to can fix that? In the interim, maybe you could try juicing foods (that fad thing where everybody puts all kinds of stuff in a blender). I'm not a big proponent of juicing, myself, but it helped my Bride when she was having issues with absorbing nutrients because of the Celiac disease. It damaged all of the villi (small hair like lining that absorbs nutrients from food).

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

taters.jpg

[QUOTE="2legsshrt, post: 19181785, member: 20705"]"Driving out here can be done in one long day. If you are comfortable I can make arrangements for you to stay at our home."[/QUOTE]

WOW, just wow!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Pat

Lee

WOW, talk about going above and beyond! Even offering to let you stay at his house. Just WOW. You are lucky to have found him. I sure hope you can take him up on this and that all goes well. Wishing you the best! :wub: You are a true inspiration.

And @Kaezziel , you are inspiring also the way you stand by your DB and do all you can humanly do to be there and support her. :wub:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Pat

Lee

That is awesome and now I need a tissue !

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
WOW, talk about going above and beyond! Even offering to let you stay at his house. Just WOW. You are lucky to have found him. I sure hope you can take him up on this and that all goes well. Wishing you the best! :wub: You are a true inspiration.

And @Kaezziel , you are inspiring also the way you stand by your DB and do all you can humanly do to be there and support her. :wub:

:blush: She has done/would do the same for me. It is simply my turn to be there for her this time (not that either of us would ever bother to keep score). :)

And let us not forget Ginny! She is there with/for our dearly beloved Patrick every day and night! :wub: Pat, please do give Ginny a great big hug from me, would ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread