Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I've tried to help a few people get started via emails and it's really hard...

Tell me 'bout it...
doh.gif

I've helped one person via email, and another via long distance phone... NEVER AGAIN!
banghead.gif
I finally had to tell the phone 'patient' to visit mad vapes (local to her) and have them show her what I was explaining.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Same here. I had a cousin who started vaping, and I did everything I could over the phone and through emails to keep her going. She even joined ecf, and asked questions. I sent her some juice and a bunch of stuff to help her save money. After spending around $400, I'm pretty sure she's smoking again because it's so much easier.

My brother in law, who I see all of the time just won't commit to giving it a real try. He has COPD, and the doc told him he has to stop smoking. I have let him try some of my mods, and after a big cough, he thought it was pretty cool. At a family gathering, I brought an extra mod, and he used it all afternoon and had no nic cravings. I even told him I'd set him up with some ego's, cartos, and charger at no charge. He won't bite. I don't bug him because he'd run the other way more quickly.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I was looking at the Zenesis, but wanted a ProVari. Got on the notify for the Z-Atty-Pro when those are ready.

Oh my, that's a big one. You don't mess around do you. That Zenesis looks like an interesting piece of equipment, I've never heard of it before. I'm going to do some investigating into that one.

If either of you are interested in an inexpensive rebuildable atty that's getting lots of good things said about it - check out this thread. "Chopper" just started selling this a couple weeks ago, and they've become pretty popular already. I think they're like $55 shipped.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/300182-s-s-mods-home-defcon-mini-re-buildable-atty.html

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
After smoking 40+ years, my wife and I went to vaping in February 2011, so 1 year 4 months now. I smoked less than a pack a day but J (my wife) smoked 2+ packs of full strenght 120 Saratogas. We were turned on to vaping by a couple 25 years younger who were pretty heavy smokers before they switched. Thanks to them we haven't touched an analog since we started vaping. In gratitude I hope it's OK to give them a plug here. They went on to operate VapinInTheCape.com.

We started out with a the little disposable ecigs then upgraded to the Leo Boge. We moved from tobacco flavors originally to trying all kinds of eliquids--thanks to sampler packs. My regulars are peach and pineapple. J vapes all varieties of chocolate and coffee. We would never go back. Our health wasn't noticeably bad, but J's blood pressure dropped to normal almost immediately so no more meds for that.

I wish every smoker I know would try vaping. I can't say enough good about it and also can't imagine giving it a go and ever going back to analog cigarettes.

Always nice to see a new person in the room, welcome. Even nicer when they have a good story to tell. :toast:

wendallb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Republic of Texas
wendallbphoto.com
Today I replaced my first CE5 core..below is a video that Lord Davon did on this procedure and I will add some tips to make a little easier to do..

This took my all of 20 seconds to replace and was not hard for me but may be for others. In the video when her is putting the head over the shaft is to me hardest part because the rubber is very soft so I suggest as you put this over the shaft to twist is one way and then the other.

As far as the big C clip on the bottom you can use a small pair of needle nose pliers and slightly squeeze it together to get it into place..was not hard at all.

So watch the video with my tips in mind and if you have any questions let me know..as I said it took me about 20 seconds to do this..

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Today I replaced my first CE5 core..below is a video that Lord Davon did on this procedure and I will add some tips to make a little easier to do..

This took my all of 20 seconds to replace and was not hard for me but may be for others. In the video when her is putting the head over the shaft is to me hardest part because the rubber is very soft so I suggest as you put this over the shaft to twist is one way and then the other.

As far as the big C clip on the bottom you can use a small pair of needle nose pliers and slightly squeeze it together to get it into place..was not hard at all.

So watch the video with my tips in mind and if you have any questions let me know..as I said it took me about 20 seconds to do this..

Glad it worked for you. I watched the video too....got it done....but it wouldn't work. I'm waiting for the screw-in heads.

wendallb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Republic of Texas
wendallbphoto.com
Glad it worked for you. I watched the video too....got it done....but it wouldn't work. I'm waiting for the screw-in heads.

It was not hard for me but I can see where it could be very hard for some folks so I agree that a screw-in head would be much better for the masses..anyone can screw in a lite bulb...er ah maybe..

Kat56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
SC
After smoking 40+ years, my wife and I went to vaping in February 2011, so 1 year 4 months now. I smoked less than a pack a day but J (my wife) smoked 2+ packs of full strenght 120 Saratogas. We were turned on to vaping by a couple 25 years younger who were pretty heavy smokers before they switched. Thanks to them we haven't touched an analog since we started vaping. In gratitude I hope it's OK to give them a plug here. They went on to operate VapinInTheCape.com.

We started out with a the little disposable ecigs then upgraded to the Leo Boge. We moved from tobacco flavors originally to trying all kinds of eliquids--thanks to sampler packs. My regulars are peach and pineapple. J vapes all varieties of chocolate and coffee. We would never go back. Our health wasn't noticeably bad, but J's blood pressure dropped to normal almost immediately so no more meds for that.

I wish every smoker I know would try vaping. I can't say enough good about it and also can't imagine giving it a go and ever going back to analog cigarettes.

Love it and congrats! Oh BTW your friends at vapininthecape have my atomizers for $3 less so I will get them there when it's time to order more. I wonder where they post any available coupon codes though.

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
Hey Folks!
I have been reading this thread for about 1 week (Took me that long to read all of it...lol) I think I may jump in here, if I may.
I am 48, began smoking at 17. The way I see it, because Mom smoked before, during, and after the pregnancy...I have had nicotine in my system all my life. I have smoked as many as 3 packs a day, although the majority of my 30+ yr "career" was on 2 PAD.
I have always been a hard core smoker. Bronchitis? Can't breathe? 10 minutes over a vaporizer, run outside to smoke while I CAN breathe...sigh. Any small cold instantly means I'm in for a bad cough and lingering bronchitis. I DO have to say that although I was a heavy smoker, I didn't get annual bronchitis or have a bad smoker's cough. If I had, I may have tried harder to quit!
Mom died from lung cancer 11 years ago. My father almost died from alcoholism and he made us all (3 kids) promise to quit smoking if he went to rehab. My brothers both quit within 1 yr of that promise...I continued to smoke.
If ANYONE badgered, bullied, or otherwise gave me hell for smoking, I just dug my heels in and smoked harder and faster! (Not sure what I was trying to prove there...lol)
Enter vaping. I was shown the Blu e-cig by a supervisor at work 2 yrs ago. I just knew there had to be something better than that model, so I went online and found ECF. I SO wanted to vape, but had no cash. Some very kind soul offered to send me his 901, charger, and a few juices...FREE!!! What a guy...my angel! I moved from that to an eGo. I was doing okay vaping, cutting back on cigs, but I never got to quitting. Various things happened all at once and the ease of smoking (no fiddling, etc) just made things easier at that time....I went back to smokes.
About 3 weeks ago I dug out my eGo and stuff I knew I had here (the rest is in storage a state away) and tried vaping again. My eGo bats didn't last long because they ARE 2 yrs old. I discovered clearomizers and loved that idea over carts and atomizers...ordered some of them.
I am now 3 days NOT smoking!! I feel better day-to-day and there are still cravings (my GF still smokes, but is working with my old eGo kit) but I vape through...so far, so good!
This group seems very supportive and genuinely cares for each member. Thanks so much for allowing me here...after reading the previous 57 pages, I feel I know you already!

Last edited:

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
:D:D and the envy begins along with the stalking

I think I'm pretty much done spending....with a V2 and a Mini........all I need to do is keep my clearomizer supply going. Waiting for my DIY juice stuff to come...if that goes well, I should be pretty good on juices, other than a couple of favorites I will probably replenish.

Speaking of DIY....anybody got a good recipe for menthol tobacco? I don't like it myself, but want to make some for my friend who loves it, and is $$ limited.

Kat56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
SC
Hey Folks!
I have been reading this thread for about 1 week (Took me that long to read all of it...lol) I think I may jump in here, if I may.
I am 48, began smoking at 17. The way I see it, because Mom smoked before, during, and after the pregnancy...I have had nicotine in my system all my life. I have smoked as many as 3 packs a day, although the majority of my 30+ yr "career" was on 2 PAD.
I have always been a hard core smoker. Bronchitis? Can't breathe? 10 minutes over a vaporizer, run outside to smoke while I CAN breathe...sigh. Any small cold instantly means I'm in for a bad cough and lingering bronchitis. I DO have to say that although I was a heavy smoker, I didn't get annual bronchitis or have a bad smoker's cough. If I had, I may have tried harder to quit!
Mom died from lung cancer 11 years ago. My father almost died from alcoholism and he made us all (3 kids) promise to quit smoking if he went to rehab. My brothers both quit within 1 yr of that promise...I continued to smoke.
If ANYONE badgered, bullied, or otherwise gave me hell for smoking, I just dug my heels in and smoked harder and faster! (Not sure what I was trying to prove there...lol)
Enter vaping. I was shown the Blu e-cig by a supervisor at work 2 yrs ago. I just knew there had to be something better than that model, so I went online and found ECF. I SO wanted to vape, but had no cash. Some very kind soul offered to send me his 901, charger, and a few juices...FREE!!! What a guy...my angel! I moved from that to an eGo. I was doing okay vaping, cutting back on cigs, but I never got to quitting. Various things happened all at once and the ease of smoking (no fiddling, etc) just made things easier at that time....I went back to smokes.
About 3 weeks ago I dug out my eGo and stuff I knew I had here (the rest is in storage a state away) and tried vaping again. My eGo bats didn't last long because they ARE 2 yrs old. I discovered clearomizers and loved that idea over carts and atomizers...ordered some of them.
I am now 3 days NOT smoking!! I feel better day-to-day and there are still cravings (my GF still smokes, but is working with my old eGo kit) but I vape through...so far, so good!
This group seems very supportive and genuinely cares for each member. Thanks so much for allowing me here...after reading the previous 57 pages, I feel I know you already!

Hi OnnaB and welcome! I'm so proud of you!!!

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Welcome OnnaB. This is a great group....they have really been here for me through my vaping journey. I just hit 81 days with no "real cigs" this afternoon. I have been seriously exploring the options with the clearomizers over the last couple of months because I hate the taste of the filler in the cartomizers......be glad to help in any way I can. We also have a couple of more "socially oriented" groups down in The Lounge.....be sure and check them out.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Hey Folks!

Welcome aboard OnnaB. A lot of us struggled in the beginning and some as you have read still struggle today, but we each know that this is the way to go for us... It has gotta be better than inhaling burning bushes (LOL)... Great story - great that you decided to give ecigs another try and great that you found our little thread... Join in - ask questions - we are all here to support each other...

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Going on the first big motorcycle ride of the year tomorrow. There is a big Blessing of the Bikes at one of the Harley dealers in Sturgis, Michigan tomorrow. My roommate is a singer, and will be doing "God Bless the USA", and "Midnight Cry". I know a bunch of the bikers up there, as I worked there for a couple of years....will be interesting to see what they have to say about my "newfangled cig"....maybe some more converts.....

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I pointed someone towards ECF today, while she was picking up a pack of Marlboro's and complaining about how expensive they were getting... She asked a few questions and wrote what I told her down. I pointed her to this thread also and told her we would help her through it - hope she follows through and tries ECF...

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
It was not hard for me but I can see where it could be very hard for some folks so I agree that a screw-in head would be much better for the masses..anyone can screw in a lite bulb...er ah maybe..

My biggest issue was with that "funky little wire". When I took the first one apart to clean it, the wire snapped off the little flange. I was so nervous about breaking the new one......it took me forever to put it back together.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Going on the first big motorcycle ride of the year tomorrow. There is a big Blessing of the Bikes at one of the Harley dealers in Sturgis, Michigan tomorrow. My roommate is a singer, and will be doing "God Bless the USA", and "Midnight Cry". I know a bunch of the bikers up there, as I worked there for a couple of years....will be interesting to see what they have to say about my "newfangled cig"....maybe some more converts.....

Hey Harley - one big selling point to bikers would be you can vape while you ride - kind of hard to do with a lit cig (LOL)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread