One atty to rule them all. Found mine, what's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Care to explain? Basic overview? Pros and cons compared to each other?

I like the AFC a little better on the Magma. The magma has an outer ring with three holes on each side; a small, medium, and large. I've never checked the dimensions of them. The ring is turned, to select one set of holes, to line up with the inner air inlet. The Viking has one air inlet hole on each side of the base, like the Magma, and the air flow is controlled by a threaded brass ring, which is turned to partially block off the air inlet holes. IMO, the Magma is a little easier to wick than the Viking. Performance wise, they're pretty close.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
What I like about the Magma clone : deep well, easy build, airflow control galore.

What I don't like about the Magma clone : deck under coil air holes -oozes juice, no lip on deck and worst of all is 510 connection is really long - doesn't fit flush on my Mods (SVD, Hana Mini). Neutral about screw on cap - has pro's and con's. A very good RDA just keep your tissue handy for wiping sides from time to time.

What I like about Origen: pretty much everything: easy deck build, well and lipped deck, doesn't leak, combo brushed and polished stainless steel looks great.

What I don't like about the Origen: nothing

Huge amount of good RDA clones available, I own in addition to the above two: IGO Ls/W and W4, Nimbus, and Patriot. All are keepers and make it into rotation.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I like the AFC a little better on the Magma. The magma has an outer ring with three holes on each side; a small, medium, and large. I've never checked the dimensions of them. The ring is turned, to select one set of holes, to line up with the inner air inlet. The Viking has one air inlet hole on each side of the base, like the Magma, and the air flow is controlled by a threaded brass ring, which is turned to partially block off the air inlet holes. IMO, the Magma is a little easier to wick than the Viking. Performance wise, they're pretty close.

It depends on how you wick the Viking.

Doing it the way most people wick (over the posts) is tough. I align my coils differently than most and use 1 wick going through both coils with the tails going to opposite sides of the well. Pure bliss and easy as pie to wick.

VikingCoils.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
It depends on how you wick the Viking.

Doing it the way most people wick (over the posts) is tough. I align my coils differently than most and use 1 wick going through both coils with the tails going to opposite sides of the well. Pure bliss and easy as pie to wick.

VikingCoils.jpg

That's exactly the way I wick mine. But I do think wicking the single individual coils on the Magma is slightly easier.
Viking cropped (2).jpg

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, I had to come back to this thread. I posted earlier about the Plume Veil. No one other than Bunnykiller took notice. Maybe because you guys don't know me or maybe because I am a n00b.

Nonetheless, I have begun to find my vaping nirvana! I rebuilt my coil to just right around .75Ω or so this morning. Re-wicked and started vaping on my V3 Flip.

Not bad. Same as it has been since Monday. Better than the RBA's but not really enough to say, "This is it!"

Being the n00b that I am, I purchased a Kick 2 and used it in my V3 Flip, just to be on the safe side. So here I am wondering why I am not getting these huge, fantastic, flavorful clouds.

Well, I also own an eVic Supreme. I know that this device can handle 30 watts but being the n00b, didn't put 2 and 2 together. My battery runs out on the V3 Flip (limited to 15 watts by the Kick 2), so I put the Plume Veil on the eVic Supreme and it's a little better than on the V3 Flip. Turn up the wattage and yum! This is getting gooood! Keep turning up the wattage and O. M. G! Are you freaking kidding me? It can be this good?! W O W!

As soon as I determined what was going on, I ordered the battery spacer from v3tronix. I actually thought that it was included with the mod at first. Oh well, live and learn.

So, here I sit, typing away, letting you all know, that I have finally arrived. Woot! :vapor:

The Plume Veil by Aether Tech is definitely my favorite RDA. But again, only because that is the only one I own. :D

plumeveil1.jpg

wicking1.jpg

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
Ok, I had to come back to this thread. I posted earlier about the Plume Veil. No one other than Bunnykiller took notice. Maybe because you guys don't know me or maybe because I am a n00b.

Nonetheless, I have begun to find my vaping nirvana! I rebuilt my coil to just right around .75Ω or so this morning. Re-wicked and started vaping on my V3 Flip.

Not bad. Same as it has been since Monday. Better than the RBA's but not really enough to say, "This is it!"

Being the n00b that I am, I purchased a Kick 2 and used it in my V3 Flip, just to be on the safe side. So here I am wondering why I am not getting these huge, fantastic, flavorful clouds.

Well, I also own an eVic Supreme. I know that this device can handle 30 watts but being the n00b, didn't put 2 and 2 together. My battery runs out on the V3 Flip (limited to 15 watts by the Kick 2), so I put the Plume Veil on the eVic Supreme and it's a little better than on the V3 Flip. Turn up the wattage and yum! This is getting gooood! Keep turning up the wattage and O. M. G! Are you freaking kidding me? It can be this good?! W O W!

As soon as I determined what was going on, I ordered the battery spacer from v3tronix. I actually thought that it was included with the mod at first. Oh well, live and learn.

So, here I sit, typing away, letting you all know, that I have finally arrived. Woot! :vapor:

The Plume Veil by Aether Tech is definitely my favorite RDA. But again, only because that is the only one I own. :D

plumeveil1.jpg

wicking1.jpg

the plume veil is the best RDA yet. thats coming from no one who has used all the bests of the best RDAs

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^hey..be easy..it was made clear about them being a noob several times in the post..and it wasn't stated that it was the best, just their favorite..and in this case he is correct on it being the best rda yet. Be nice.

Veritas, plume veil, or 454? I can't think of the other two...

quasar even a consideration anymore? Seems just another 3post atty..but a sexy one at that.

Edit- or are you not attacking them? Lol chillum...sorry..it's pretty unclear on if you're like "pft," or "like hello... this thing rocks."

Last edited:

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
The tanks I own are r91s, kfl+v2s, and a taifun gt,all authentic. I use them all. If I had to choose one it would be the Kayfun, mainly for the looks. I find the quality of vape to be pretty equal.

I own four drippers, a castle, a zenith v2, a magma, and a plume veil. I like them all but for me the plume veil has the best flavor.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee

plumeveil1.jpg

wicking1.jpg

i just got one yesterday. a mistake actually. i ordered an TOBH and got the Plume Veil . tried my regular .50 OHM build and it was..OK. lots of vapor and muted flavor. after thinking about it and figuring out what i could do with it i built a dual coil .3 vertical coil with G-Plat. this baby rocks the house. cool vape for the ohms and the flavor is intense in a really good way. got it setting on a Brass Surfrider ( sick as ....) and almost can't put it down. i guess the vaping Gods smile on us every once in a while. :D

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
i just got one yesterday. a mistake actually. i ordered an TOBH and got the Plume Veil . tried my regular .50 OHM build and it was..OK. lots of vapor and muted flavor. after thinking about it and figuring out what i could do with it i built a dual coil .3 vertical coil with G-Plat. this baby rocks the house. cool vape for the ohms and the flavor is intense in a really good way. got it setting on a Brass Surfrider ( sick as ....) and almost can't put it down. i guess the vaping Gods smile on us every once in a while. :D

I was pretty shocked with how cool and airy the draw was myself. Granted, I am not at .5 or below but still, it is a smooth cool vape with great flavor.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
If you chain vape that SR REALLY hard does the button get hot, how hot I'm talking about at. 3 ohm?

doesn't get warm at all until the heat moves down the tube from the atty, and the delrin insert inside the cap keeps the DT pretty cool. got it and a XXIX last week to finish the BCV collection. all throw some serious fire to an atty. the Plume Veil is the only really low OHM build i use and that is mostly due to the wire (26 GA G-Plat). my usual build comes out at .49 -.55 . the same build with the G-Plat came out at .3 ohm. i'll probably get tired of changing batteries and try something more reasonable but it's kinda fun for now.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I'm torn right now. In the mail today, I got the Magma by Infinite and the TOBH by Ehpro. I like both for many different reasons. Both give great flavor, the Magma being better at it. However, the TOBH produces clouds like none other.

I'm done buying new ones until they come out with one that produces both.

My Nimbus was retired when I got the Patriot. Now the Patriot will get cleaned up and put in the spare vape box with the Nimbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread