One year after switch, now experiencing some issues with chest pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
After a year vaping I never had any chest pain issues other than the occasional over vaping which typically did go away the following morning.

Few weeks ago I started noticing a constant tight chest that didn't go away. Was also having severe dissatisfaction-frustration with my hardware and my juice so at the time just wrote it off to nerves and frustration.

I ordered several new juices all of them 50/50 and 100% vg and after couple of days that chest pain was gone.

Tor

Feb 23, 2011
Europe
I am just starting out with vaping (3 weeks now, still on analogs as well). There seems to be a very defensive attitude towards anyone who is questioning the safety of e-cig amoung some vapers. My take is that anything besides atmospheric air is not supposed to go in the lung (analog smoke of course included). The lungs evidently are able to withstand some pollution - exhaust gasses and whatever may pollute the air that we breathe, since most of the human population lives to reach old age. I absolutely don't believe that e-cigs are "safe" alternative to smoking. But I think that it may be safer than smoking, if vaping in moderations. So my plan is to gradually get rid of the analogs and later phasing e-cig out as well, or a rare non-nicotine vape when the crawing is there (and it will be forever if you once was a smoker).

When I first got my e-cigs I was able to cut my smoking to virtually nothing (1 or 2 analogs pr. day vs 1 PAD). I owe this to the novelty and the fact that it delivered the nicotine in sufficient levels. The "1 or 2" was due to the fact that watermelon or caramel didn't work for me with a glass of red wine.

Was also having severe dissatisfaction-frustration with my hardware and my juice so at the time just wrote it off to nerves and frustration.

In the last days I found that I didn't get the same satisfaction from my e-cigs anymore and my smoking has increased again, however not above 5 to 10 - still an improvement. It no long "felt right" and clean.
Today I cleaned all of my atomizers and carts (dry-burn, rinsing, boil-off, rinsing with vodka). And the satisfaction has increased again (though I am not too crazy about the liquids I have like you).

The point being that I think in addition to the vapor a bad performing atomizer may play a part in our perception and our physical reaction as well. I was really supprised how much "gue" I was able to burn off the atomizer. This foul stinking smoke was definately traceable in the vapor before cleaning. I am sure this can't be healthy too.

I will for the future clean my atomizers regularly. I am also getting in to DYI liquids, and hopefully I will be able to find a flavor that will work for me when drinking reds too, that I will be able to quit the analogs completely.

Another thing, I found that vaping has made me incredibly conscient sensitive (aware) about my health. I feel everything in my body and think about it and think about the relation to vaping. As writing this my right eardrum is flapping a little bit, making a slight noise in my ear. Does the vapor reach the ears? Would I be experiencing this if I used straight VG or...?
I probably experienced a flapping eardrum 1000 of times before and never gave the reason a thought before. It's not necessarily bad to be aware of the body, as long as we remember that what we feel my not be a new feeling that we didn't experience in the body before. I have had tightness in my chest a lot when I smoked too much, I expect that too now if vaping too much. Vaping is probably just as bad for the lungs as smoking except the carciogenics. That may be enough for some, but I wan't to quit completely. E-cigs are a step of the way I hope, and if not it was a cheap attempt.

jivefly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
DS, La
@Libertysf - You said your doctor checked and said everything looked clear. Some people have allergies to PG, and allergies can build up over time. Any inhalation of vapor of any kind on a daily basis for extended periods of time could cause a build-up of bacteria in your lungs, and you said that your abdominal muscles are sore and your chest feels tight and bruised. My main thought is that you may be coughing due to the irritation caused by the PG vapor and the coughing is what has caused the majority of the pain.

It doesn't take much coughing to "pull" pectoral and abdominal muscles or make them sore, and the same goes for the lungs as well. Allergies caused by other things such as dust and pollen could be intensified by the moisture (PG) and bacterial (bacteria from the device, your mouth, and throat pulled into your lungs by the vapor) build up in your lungs. Your mouth contains hundreds of different types of bacteria which are normally killed off by saliva, but if this bacteria is carried by the vapor into your lungs, it could be causing issues. Try using mouthwash before vaping heavily and soak your atomizers and tips in some type of high % alcohol such as Everclear. There is a cheap brand of Everclear called "Diesel" which is something like $4.00 1/5th.

I'm new to the vaping scene, but these things stick out to me as somewhat obvious issues involved in vaporizing varying liquids, solvents (PG), flavorings and food dyes.

JonesJustJones

May 31, 2011
Germany
I had a massive stroke March 8.11 days in ICU and rehab after. Still paralysed on left side so pls forgive any grammatical errors or typos as I'm typing with 1 finger and get tired very quickly. I now vape 0mg VG and it agrees with me. Did vaping casue stroke? I''ll never know but I doubt it.

/

oh, very sorry to hear that, are you getting better now?
I am not a doctor but I have read once that nic tends to tighten the arteries or venes, this might be related to the stroke. But also nutrition, how much salt, fat, sugar you consume, or making sports or not is related. What is your age? 50+ or below?

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I had a massive stroke March 8.11 days in ICU and rehab after. Still paralysed on left side so pls forgive any grammatical errors or typos as I'm typing with 1 finger and get tired very quickly. I now vape 0mg VG and it agrees with me. Did vaping casue stroke? I''ll never know but I doubt it./

I'm so sorry to hear that, bluesuede. Sending good wishes your way and hoping you have a quick and full recovery.

beckah

jayvolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
West Palm Beach FL USA
just wanted to add alien visions to the juice line up. I vape 70/30 but usually take a few days a month on 100% vg to help clear the lactic acid, and just for a change. I have heard a few issues with lactic acidosis, but I have to assume that it would run in conjunction with renal/liver issues, drinking and diet. I like to change it up for giggle though. Hope you feel better.

Mriana

May 7, 2011
Springfield MO
Is there a list of sites that do 100% PG free? I can't seem to do even 20% PG from Vapor Bomb without getting a sore throat. The higher the PG the worse the sore throat. 100% PG (another site) gave a sore throat from hell, worse than when my sons gave me strep throat. I thought I did have strep again, but I discovered it is actually the PG. I do very well with Johnson Creek's Tundra and love it, but if I can have more than 7 or 8 choices in flavours, even though I do menthol mostly, I sure would like that too. If I have to cut it with distilled water, that's fine too. I just don't want the sore throat, mild or severe.

Mriana

May 7, 2011
Springfield MO
I'm allergic to everything (very little exaggeration) and PG did cause me to cough a lot at night. That too cleared up the less PG I used and I'm not having any probs with 100% VG. I use to smoke menthol cigs (27 years total) to clear my sinuses. Ironically, my sinuses are even clearer now than before I stopped smoking and went to vaping, even better with the 100% VG, thus why I'm asking for a list of sites that offer 100% PG free juice.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yep. I vaped mostly PG for a year and a half, before realizing some bad symptoms I was having were because of the PG. I had severe thirstiness and some skin issues, but I've got severe fibromyalgia (generalized pain disorder), so i just figured my new symptoms were related to that. Nope... it was the PG! I've since started with 100% VG organic juices from Virgin Vapor, and I love em...best juices I've ever used...and my symptoms are going away. I was relieved because the few experiences with all VG juice i'd had before VV were really crummy in taste and clogged up my cartos, so I thought they'd all be that way. Try some good VG juices and you won't miss the PG. But if you have a few bad experiences with VG juice...i promise they're not all that way. I totally empathize. I thought I'd have to give up vaping, and I was NOT happy about that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread