Organic Lemon Rose Water from Virgin Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Well, this is a pretty long review, but I set myself a task of making it as objective as possible - don't know how well it works, but I tried. :D

General:

Name: Organic Lemon Rose Water
Vendor: Virgin Vapor
Link: Organic Lemon Rose Water E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
Line: Absolute Virgin (no alcohol in flavorings)
Place Created: USA, UK
Organic/Natural?: Organic
Container: Brown glass bottle with a dropper
Label: White paper label, no DOB, PG/VG, or flavor option listed on this particular label
Description from the Web Site: “The flavors of lemon and rose ripple over your tongue in delightful waves making this flavor a beautiful, refreshing vape that is both delicate and overwhelming! You'll never look at roses the same way again!”

Summary Characteristics:

Color: Very, very pale yellow, almost colorless
PG/VG: 50/50
Viscosity from 1 (like water) to 5 (barely flows): 3/5
Nic. Content: 12
Additional Options (if any): Light Flavor (choice of Light or Extra Flavor)
Scent: Strong dry lemon scent with a somewhat alcohol-y accent and just a tiny hint of rose
Flavor Summary: Medium-strong, clean, dry flavor; lemon predominates, with a soft rose in the background.

Testing Conditions:

Steeping Time: 1 week (flavor didn’t change in the last three days)
PV(s): ProVari
Voltages: 3.3 V – 4.0 V
Cartos: 2.4 Ohm Stardust
Duration and amount used: About 2 ml over a week

Description:

Though there is a slight hint of artificial-ness to the scent from the bottle, the flavor while vaping is very, very clean. The lemon component is quite dry, with almost no sweetness at all, and moderately strong. This is not a flavor I’d recommend in extra strength, because I believe more flavor would make the lemon too harsh, and detract from the really delightful subtleness of the combination. The lemon is definitely a strong top note, it is quite dry, with no hint of sweetness. The rose is generally in the background, which is an achievement in and of itself, because the rose flavor has a strong tendency to take over – not here, however. The rose provides a subtle middle note with a hint of bitterness that interacts with the lemon in a rather interesting way – on the inhale it feels more like the rind of the lemon, while on the exhale a very mild and not at all perfume-y rose scent discloses the origin of the taste. Generally, the flavor is pretty much like I would imagine it to be from the description: more or less realistic lemon with the flavor of rose petals as they taste when added to a salad. Since neither of these component flavors are overwhelming (though the lemon is right on the verge of being so), the “water” aspect of the flavor is also believable, especially because the flavor is so clean it actually reminds me of pure spring water.

The two components play nicely together, and the overall flavor is somewhat nuanced in the upper range, though not terribly so – the only “new” and unexpected flavor accent is the slight and a bit elusive pleasant bitterness.

In general, I found this flavor to be slightly overbalanced towards the lemon, and the lemon somewhat lacking in depth and a tad sharp-ish, but, that said, it is a refreshing vape, a good combination of flavors, and quite original. At about 3.5 V it is a happy, effervescent vape, and it literally picks up my mood.

Since I like vaping at least two different flavors at the same time, I am always on the lookout for good complimentary pairs. In this case, Sopapillas by Vixen Vapors works really well – I imagine any strong, sweet honey flavor would. It’s a wonderful combination, and I am enjoying it a great deal.

At Various Voltages:

3.3 V – lemon is fairly mild, and a little “watery”, rose is quite noticeable, both flavors “intersect” in a nice flowing way with a slightly elusive bitter rind/rose flavor; the entire spectrum of flavors is fairly even in intensity; At this power the flavor reflects the description on the web site best; on a personal note, I find it most pleasant here.

3.5 V – both lemon and rose become sharper and dryer, and the “intersection” loses intensity; lemon is much prevalent on the inhale, while rose comes more to the fore on the exhale;

3.7 V – lemon noticeably shifts towards upper range, losing most of its already narrow depth, and the taste become quite sharp and dry; rose is barely noticeable on the exhale;

4.0 V – at this voltage and beyond the rose almost completely disappears, and only the impression of warm, slightly bitter lemon water remains – as if someone made tea with lemon, but left out the tea.

This flavor does quite well on a standard unregulated eGo, but appears to be somewhat fragile and doesn’t lend itself to higher power vaping.

Details:

Note: Numbers in the range from 1 to 5 (in green) are “good” in the sense that they are vapeable, with the quality or strength increasing from 1 to 5; numbers outside this range, noted in red – not so much.

Voltage: 3.5 V

Flavor Sweetness: 1/5 – not sweet at all;
Flavor Sourness (dryness): 4/5 – quite sour;
Flavor Bitterness: 3/5 – bitterness present but comfortable;
Flavor Saltiness: 1/5 – no salt at all;
Flavor Umami (savoriness): 1/5– none;
Flavor Spiciness: 1/5– none;
Flavor Strength: 3/5 – strong enough to taste/smell all the nuances, comfortable to most palates;
Flavor Clean-ness: 5/5 – completely clean taste;
Flavor Complexity: 4/5 – two components distinct and create some subtle additional nuances;
Flavor Blending: 4/5 – flavors are in harmony, can still be distinguished easily, there is also an “overlap” where there is a smooth blending into a unique continuum;
Flavor Completeness: 2.5/5 – two notes present (high and medium) and one half-note (medium-high);
Flavor Artistry: 4/5 – accurate to the description; an interesting an unusual flavor.
Vapor Production: 4/5 – very strong vapor.
Throat Hit: 4 – strong TH, like a full-bodied analog;

Personal Opinion:

I do enjoy this vape, but I wish the lemon had a lot more depth to it. As it is, it is just on the verge of being too dry for me. I am sort of slightly disappointed, because this flavor has so much promise – the rose aspect is just right, and the interesting nuances are there, even evoking the “water”, but it’s just not quite right. On the other hand, folks who enjoy lemon will enjoy this one – the rose definitely adds a special “something” to the overall effect.

Personal total grade: 3/5

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
interesting review. Have you tried their Rose water plain? Great info keep up the great work. :)

I tried Bed of Roses... Is there a plain Rose Water? I only saw it with Lemon.

Bed of Roses was definitely not for me. Or, to be exact, I think if I ordered it with less VG, and *much* less flavor (that's a first for me), I probably would like it, but as it was, the flavor of rose was so overwhelming I could only take 4 or 5 drags and gave up. It was very rich and very rose-y.

I had plain rose from another vendor some time ago, and liked it very much, but it was much more subtle.

P.S. Aaron, I bet you liked it: a more "in your face" flavor is hard to imagine, and it's not a bit distorted from strength. It just screams ROSE so loudly that it almost blew my hair off. :lol:

Last edited:

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
i just got my lemon rose and it steeped in the mail for almost a month due to international shipping. so far i'm really enjoying and i would describe the lemon being as subtle end notes. i got the highest nicotine level and i'm getting a moderate throat hit. so far i'm enjoying it and it is one of the first liquids i got from VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread