Peanut Butter Cup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
I made 15 ml's of Lisa's Peanut Butter Cup (Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate, Graham Cracker), but the flavor seems kind of....sharp? (Don't really know how to describe it). It's steeped ~ a week. I have TPA Bavarian Cream and TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream; would one of these help smooth out the flavor? How much should I try adding for 15 ml's?

TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is my all day vape right now, I love it by itself, but it seems kind of strong and I don't want it to overpower the flavors in the Peanut Butter Cup, so I was thinking that Bavarian Cream might be better, just curious about others' input before I try adjusting it.

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan
I made 15 ml's of Lisa's Peanut Butter Cup (Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate, Graham Cracker), but the flavor seems kind of....sharp? (Don't really know how to describe it). It's steeped ~ a week. I have TPA Bavarian Cream and TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream; would one of these help smooth out the flavor? How much should I try adding for 15 ml's?

TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is my all day vape right now, I love it by itself, but it seems kind of strong and I don't want it to overpower the flavors in the Peanut Butter Cup, so I was thinking that Bavarian Cream might be better, just curious about others' input before I try adjusting it.

8% chocolate, 8% peanut butter, 4% bavarian.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
I'm not familiar with the recipe, but my first "go-to" would be a dab of EM. If that didn't do it I would try a bit of MTS Vape Wizard. Last resort would be Magic Mask.

And I wouldn't use my whole bottle for the experiment, as there wouldn't be anyway of finding out the difference between experiments.

I don't have any of those except for Lorann Cotton Candy, which I think I read is weaker than most EM? Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't even remember where I read it. How much would you use per ml?

8% chocolate, 8% peanut butter, 4% bavarian.

I just saved this when I read the other thread that you used it as an example in, can't wait to try it! I'd like to try to repair this one first if I can though.

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan
I just saved this when I read the other thread that you used it as an example in, can't wait to try it! I'd like to try to repair this one first if I can though.

Also if you're anything like me and try samples each time you order from TPA, here's some recommendations with recipes 8)

Cinnamon Danish 10%
Bavarian 5%

Optional addon: Double chocolate dark 5%(I alternate from my regular danish with bavarian, and then with the chocolate so that it's always a fresh flavor)

I recently tried their Cinnamon Redhots, and just regular "Cinnamon Flavor", haven't played much with the regular cinn but the redhots is nice with the danish at about 4%. Adds a lot of warmth and I'm sure it's great as a standalone if your a cinnamon fan.

Grape Juice Flavor 10% (standalone)
Optional bavarian 5%, or.. Grape Juice 8%, Blueberry extra 8%, Bavarian 4%
Grape juice flavor has a strong throat hit by itself, can be a little 'coughy' and sharp, bavarian brings it down a notch.

Caramel Cappuccino 8%
Peanut Butter 8%
Bavarian 4%

The caramel Cappuccino tastes more like a caramel popcorn to me, and with the peanuts it has a nice nutty flavor with it.

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan
The same, 8, 8, 4, only substitute Graham Cracker for Bavarian Cream.

Cool well that's not bad. I've done that before and added up to 25% ish ok.. If you have room in the bottle maybe add 4% or 5% bavarian with equal part VG to also bring down the other flavors a little. You said it's 15ml, so maybe pull 2 or 3 ml's out and put in a different bottle and try it like that before you invest in the larger quantity.

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for the suggestions, now to finish off the last few drops in one of my smaller bottles (and get it cleaned out) so I can try to fix this one. I think I may need more than 30 small bottles :p

ha yea I have tons.. I can't bring myself to throw away my old ones, just washed them out and always have a bunch on hand 8)

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
@ Prettycat - OK try this and then you can dial in to your liking. Remember it is easier to add than to take away so go with the Chocolate an PB first. I mix at 10% PA Dbl Ch and 6% PB for a 3ml batch that is about 6 drops Chocolate and 4 drops PB. Add 1drop or 1% EM, which is in fact what the cotton candy flavor is (about 10% EM in PG solution). Now you may find this recipe to be pretty close to what you are looking for but if not then you can add a drop at a time of the other flavors you are looking to add. I have found this simple PB cup above does not really require any steeping to know if it is what you are looking for. You may also want to grab the "sweetener" flavor which is Surcralose in PG solution. I have found this works better for me when sweetening "bakery and fruity" types of juices. I save the EM (or Cotton Candy) for the Tobacco based mixes. Hope this helps and happy vapes

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
@ Prettycat - OK try this and then you can dial in to your liking. Remember it is easier to add than to take away so go with the Chocolate an PB first. I mix at 10% PA Dbl Ch and 6% PB for a 3ml batch that is about 6 drops Chocolate and 4 drops PB. Add 1drop or 1% EM, which is in fact what the cotton candy flavor is (about 10% EM in PG solution). Now you may find this recipe to be pretty close to what you are looking for but if not then you can add a drop at a time of the other flavors you are looking to add. I have found this simple PB cup above does not really require any steeping to know if it is what you are looking for. You may also want to grab the "sweetener" flavor which is Surcralose in PG solution. I have found this works better for me when sweetening "bakery and fruity" types of juices. I save the EM (or Cotton Candy) for the Tobacco based mixes. Hope this helps and happy vapes

Thanks! I ended up adding 1 drop of cotton candy per 3ml, and it made the mix much better! I'll have to try your recipe too, only I won't touch sucralose, that stuff tastes awful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread