PG Base Nicotine Dilution with VG for DIY E-Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK88

Aug 9, 2013
Los Angeles
Great to be a part of this great forum,

I've been a DIY'er for quite some time but I have only created juices with 0mg Nicotine as a base.
However, I'm trying to learn the curve for utilizing nicotine in my blends but I'm completely lost.
So any vets and other members with more experience please do chime in and it is immensely appreciated.

Yes, I have searched, yes, I have used several calculators, but it just seems improbable and I'm missing a method.

So...

I have 12mg/ml 100% PG based Nicotine.

I'm trying to make 10ml of juice.
- My ratio of PG/VG I'm going for is 30/70 with 6mg nicotine and 20% flavor.

But when I use the calculator it tells me 5ml pg with nicotine, makes sense as half of it equals the 6mg strength I am going for, but then to create the ratio of PG/VG I desire, it asks me to put -5ml of PG as well. And them 7ml of VG.
How does that equal to my 30/70 ratio I'm looking for?
Am I missing something?

Would someone or any one care to please provide me with the necessary info I require to get to the formula I'm looking for?

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Your issue is that it's impossible to reach the desired mix ratio using that strength of nicotine. The best you can do is unflavored 50/50 if you want to get 6mg as your result, 5ml of nic, 5ml of VG. The calculator is telling you to remove PG from the mix, that's what the '-5' is, and if you're using ejuice Me Up it will actually warn you of this and let you know you can't make a mix of that level. If you're getting into DIY, I highly, highly suggest purchasing either a higher-strength nicotine solution, or switching bases to VG if you want high-VG liquids from that low level of nicotine. I personally use a bottle of 60mg 100% VG nic and can mix nearly any ratio I want..I found using 60mg 100% PG was very limiting as I had a hard time getting above 60/40 PG/VG with flavorings unless I mixed at a very low level of nicotine. Check Wizard Labs for cheap nic base, or try MBV if you want to stick with the lower levels, and just buy it pre-mixed in something closer to your desired PG/VG ratio, that way you only have to balance for the PG-based flavorings and maybe dilute with some VG to keep your ratio where you want it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread