Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Consider it "research", Carrie....... This is how I "justify" it to my wife. Plus it keeps me busy and not bugging her.....lol.
Just joking again..... it always seems that any recipe I look at that I like, I don't have one of the ingredients. But, at the rate I'm going, I'd bet I'll have one of each flavoring from every vendor out there......lol. Then I won't be able to decide what to make.
But as I always say, I'm having a ball, meeting great people, and actually making some nice recipes. What more could a guy ask for? This is a fun hobby. Guess the next step is going down to the molecular level and buying the individual chemicals that make up a certain flavor.... WOW... then I'll really need some serious storage space and probably some kind of permit from the county.....lol.
Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend......

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
We are all in this together. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I'm sure we all have slightly different preferences as to what tastes good. What concerns me about the recipe I put up is the number of flavorings. 9 seems like a lot to me, but it sure tastes good....lol. I had the opposite reaction to the pineapple from you.... I preferred the Lorann. It was the truest tasting pineapple to me, sweet yet a little tart.
The only tweeks I would suggest might be a touch of lemon or cherry.
I think my flavor % was @ 20.
Maybe I'll combine all my test batches together and see what it tastes like??? That might be interesting.
I don't have any Flavorart pineapple left to try your recipe.... will have to get a small bottle to try yours. But I sure have plenty of other new flavors...lol.

Horton that's great advice thank you. I personally cannot stand cherry flavoring so that is out for me but I know there are others that will probably love a touch of cherry :). When I used PA pineapple I did put a drop of lemon in to calm down the candy taste but since I used flavourart this last time it wasn't needed for me but it may be for others since everyone taste things differently :). I want to try Lorann's pineapple and I plan on it but everytime I plan on running to town to grab some something always gets in the way lol.

I really want to try your recipe because I have everything in it except the lorann's pineapple. I will get some this week and let you know how it went but I am sure I will LOVE it because it really does sound super yummy!

I combined my first 6 batches and WOW they weren't like the cake but they were yummy!

9 flavors isn't to much haven't you ever heard the more the merrier LOL

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
It was sort of odd to me with the cherry..... Sometimes it was overwhelming and other times I could not even taste it. I was using the same size test batch, and the same amount of cherry to keep the playing field level. It must have something to do with the chemistry of how the flavors "get along" together....lol.
I think you can now download the recipe from BreakTru's site. I don't know if it is included when you download the calculator. I named it "Tina's Pineapple UpsideDown Cake", in case you look for it. He was so helpful with getting it posted.
Now I need to clean up the mess I made making the Pineapple recipe and find something else to make a mess with.....lol. With my inventory of flavors, I think the sky is the limit. I do need to remember to get PG and VG.... I don't know why I don't remember them. Sort of hard to make anything without at least one of them......lol
You are right about the number of flavors..... the more the merrier. Any idea of how long the flavors "keep"? Should I refrigerate them? I have no idea how to preserve them, but sure don't want them going bad on me.
So, who has a suggestion for a new recipe?

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
I really don't know 100% for sure on the flavors but I have seen others say no more than 2 years.

I got tired of not having enough pg that I ordered a gallon the other day LOL.

My next recipe (once I get this one where I want it) is going to be snickerdoodle. After that I am not sure what I want to work on because there are so many out there to chose from. My problem is that I went overboard and now have to many flavors to work with. I am afraid some of them may go bad before I am ever able to use them but yet I still keep buying more when I see one I don't have LOL.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for the info on keeping the flavors, Mary. I'm in the same boat you are with having so many -- I'm concerned they will go bad before I get to use them. That will teach me to go overboard when ordering flavors....lol. I just can't resist when I'm going through the lists of flavors at the different sites. And when you think about it, the flavorings are a fantastic deal. DIY really can save money in the long run once you get yourself all set up. One bugaboo I have is buying the empty bottles.... they just seem so expensive to me. I'm debating ordering a carton from a "bottle vendor" to get the unit price down.... now isn't that a dumb reason just to make me feel better about how much a bottle costs? lol Spend more than I need so I feel I'm getting a "deal" on a bottle. I better talk to my therapist about that one....lol. And I also recycle bottles I have until they start to fall apart.
I need to order the PG and VG in quantity like you have done. Makes sense. It sort of surprises me at how quickly we go through it. But with two vapers in the house, we go through juice quickly. I must admit that both of us are "chain vapers".
I'll have to think on what recipe to do next. What does snickerdoodle taste like? I really like the sound of the name. I know it will be a sweet flavor and maybe my wife will come up with another idea so I can blame her again...lol
Well, better go count my bottles of flavorings and figure out a way to organize them. I'm thinking of building some type of rack so I can see the labels easily. I have them in boxes now and I waste so much time picking bottles up to see if it's the right flavor. I also have some ideas I want to fiddle with for holding larger containers to help hold them from tipping over when using a syringe. Just have to keep myself busy with something.

Thanks BreakTru for posting the recipe on your database.....

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
I ordered 100 6cc bottles from US Plastics last year, price was $0.23 each but UPS shipping came to $11.57.
No complaints on quality; I've gone through all but about 5, and none had problems.

I just now checked shipping on 100 bottles... $11.00 estimated, Ohio to Utah.

Try ordering 99 bottles instead of 100. They usually ship anything under $25 for $4.99 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread